Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 07:51   #2236
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Also, I never got back any of the replaced parts except for the old link rod. Skoda and VW guys kept every old part in the boot like air filter, oil filter, fuel filter etc. Is this how MASS works usually?
I think you will have to tell this to them beforehand. I used to get worn out brake pads, air filter etc but I stopped getting them as I had trouble disposing it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Even I do face this issue on my ZDi but it has a temporary solution that was discussed above.

Rotate these rubber stoppers that are there at the sides of the gas strut clockwise. Once done try closing the tail gate smoothly, Voila! No need to bang it hard.
The permanent solution is to take the car to the body shop at MASS and let them align the clamp on the boot lip properly. I had issue when the car was new and it was fixed during second service. The tailgate closes under its own weight since then.
Old 13th June 2014, 10:55   #2237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anurag.
Anurag, What is the max boost pressure you have seen in your Swift and at what RPM? And do you remember how much it was in the Ritz?
Old 13th June 2014, 12:22   #2238
Senior - BHPian

[quote=a4anurag;3454243]What the heck. 11K for 40K service is too much.

Quote:
1) Was the job card prepared in front of you?
Yes. They only tried to push interior cleaning and I politely refused. Intercooler and caliper pin greasing was agreed to by me.

Quote:
2) We'e you asked to sign after the job card creation?

3) What was the rough estimate given?
Yes. Rough estimate without front stabiliser and bushes was 9700 and he'd told me stabilizer may come upto around 2k so I was prepared for 11k bill

Quote:
If possible ask them to show the old parts they changed though it would have been discarded but try your luck.

I feel it is a waste of money, waste of oil and harm to the nature.

Stick to it till 5K at least if not 10K.

Anurag.
I think these parts would be long gone,besides I don't think Maruti dealers have the guts to do such malpractices like Skoda does.

Another thing I noticed is mild jerks when the car is between 1500-2000 rpm,it happens in every gear.Is it lugging or something I need to get checked?

Man the car has transformed into a lethargic and coarse-engined one, post oil change. Reminds me of my old Polo Diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
This is where Maruti is unable to satisfy customers and VW scores and feels like a trustworthy service. Did you got a chance to stay nearby the service bay during service? Which MASS you went?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I think you will have to tell this to them beforehand. I used to get worn out brake pads, air filter etc but I stopped getting them as I had trouble disposing it off.
Yes,I wish they'd asked me about parts since I would have wanted to take a look before, they disposed it off. Quite unprofessional of them to do like they want. I had to go to office so I couldn't be with the car,not too sure they would've obliged either. I went to Mandovi Motors in Vijayanagar.

Also attaching a pic for 9718,the front stabilizer and bushes with labour made up the rest of the amount.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_20140607_204627.jpg  

Old 13th June 2014, 12:40   #2239
BHPian

One way to reduce your service costs and to ensure some peace of mind is to get your own engine oil. It is understandably cheaper in the retail market, and so far my MASS has not refused to use it.

You have paid at present: 2978 + VAT = 3410 for Engine Oil

Whereas you can obtain an alternative for 2440- at :

http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/oils-fluid...w-40-3-5l.html and have some left over for top ups, etc.

Similarly, you can check for other fluids, and source consumables if necessary from an MGP dealer or the MGP site.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 13:52   #2240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Anurag, What is the max boost pressure you have seen in your Swift and at what RPM? And do you remember how much it was in the Ritz?
Swift:

Max Boost = 17.5 psi
Approx RPM = 2000 - 2200

Screen shot from Torque PRO:
Name:  ForumRunner_20140613_135030.png
Views: 2278
Size:  336.6 KB

Ritz

Max Boost = 16.3 psi
Approx RPM = 2000 - 2200

Not able to find the screen shot for the Ritz. Have it in my laptop so shall PM you by evening. Thanks.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 17:26   #2241
BHPian

Just got my car back after first service from Popular Vehicles and services, Saligramam branch. I would give an overall rating of 3/5 for the experience. The work was properly executed. The washing was good outside but the interiors left a lot to be desired. I had reported at 8 for service and was planning to take the car back with me after service. But at 10 30 they told it will get delayed and I was dropped in their car at my workplace. They delivered my car at my workplace after service. I gave 3 rating instead of 4 because of lack of proper planning when taking cars for service.

The overall cost was 605 Rs and the break up is as follows:
Cabin air filter:350
Puncture Repair:200
Misc: 55
Any idea how much it would cost outside to do a tubeless puncture repair?

PS: The tailgate issue is solved and a mere push is all that is required now.
Though i have not driven it for long, the car feels smoother especially gear shifts.
Old 13th June 2014, 19:03   #2242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swift:

Max Boost = 17.5 psi
Approx RPM = 2000 - 2200

Screen shot from Torque PRO:
Attachment 1249699

Ritz

Max Boost = 16.3 psi
Approx RPM = 2000 - 2200

Not able to find the screen shot for the Ritz. Have it in my laptop so shall PM you by evening. Thanks.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag, my car too reads around the same. I think i have seen somewhere about the old 1.3 tune boosting a tad more than the new. If you could find the Ritz OBD screen shots it would be great.
Old 13th June 2014, 19:42   #2243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
Puncture Repair:200
I guess it is around 60-70 bucks, I guess. Never got it done outside, I have a kit bought from Ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
PS: The tailgate issue is solved and a mere push is all that is required now.
How was the issue solved - what did MASS do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Thanks Anurag, my car too reads around the same. I think i have seen somewhere about the old 1.3 tune boosting a tad more than the new. If you could find the Ritz OBD screen shots it would be great.
As requested,

Ritz Boost Pressures:
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-boost-pressure.jpg

Ritz Boost Pressures:
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-under-accln.jpg

Yes the boost attained is more by 1-2 psi in the older 1.3 DDiS (Ritz) when compared to the newer 1.3 DDiS (Swift).

=========================

Ritz HP & Nm:
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img20130427wa0004.jpg

Swift HP & Nm:
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-hp-nm.png

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 05:22   #2244
BHPian

Quote:
I will post the photo a little later since I can't edit it now it came upto 11,385 though. These guys never asked me about parts at all,may be they assumed I wouldn't need them. But how the car drives makes me wonder if they really changed all the parts!

Will I be able to get them to change the oil ? Forgot to mention, I get phenomenal mileage now like 26.6 and 24.6 with some sedate driving.

Hi Harpreet, thanks for the advice. What problem did your car have though ?
Hi Shashank
My car had a strange "Tak tak" noise from front side whenever the car used to negotiate a bad road. For first 3 visits ASS team continued to grease the suspension caliper. It's when the noise did not subside even after the 3rd visit, I officially complained to Maruti and then again my swift was taken away by dealership. After a days diagnoses they found the engine basement beam rusted and the source of this noise.
Hope that is not the cause of noise in your Swift.
Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 10:31   #2245
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I am looking to buy a Swift for daily usage in the city and occasional highway runs (long distance~600 km). As my budget is 6 lac, the model that fits is Swift Vdi (no ABS). I was a proud owner of previous gen swift Vdi (2008-2014) which I sold couple of months back. The car was getting old and the age was showing on the mechanical parts. I loved the dynamics of the car and I kind of miss it So, I thought let’s go for another swift. The braking on my swift Vdi was fine(not at all alarming).
Now, my main concern for the new car is ‘Brakes’. I know that it is a common notion that present generation swift is plagued with mediocre braking. At least some of the initial users raised that concern. I can’t drive a car with bad braking. Some people say that the braking is much better now as Maruti has changed the Boosters or fixed the ECU. I want to know from the users directly. Friends, please remember:
1. I am looking for Swift Vdi (not Zdi)
2. I will be changing the tyres right away (185/70/r14), I am not looking to upsize to 195 as it is almost unnecessary. I believe 185’s are more than enough.
3. Is this issue with Brakes resolved?
Please help me as I am right on the verge of booking the car.
Thanks !
Old 15th June 2014, 11:10   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
The engine purred like a kitten with Mobil 1 synthetic oil, but since it was out of stock the service centre put in Castrol and the engine is quite noisy anything over 2k rpm now. I noticed this when I took a small drive after service but I need the car urgently for a long drive so just told them I'll comeback later to get it checked.
Are you sure that the oil made this difference? I have seen similar feedback in multiple forums. Has the engine tone changed? Or you hear a clatter?

Curious, because my experience with mineral, semi-synth and synth has been neutral. I couldn't make much of a difference in the engine drone with any of them.
Old 15th June 2014, 14:05   #2247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hi Shashank
My car had a strange "Tak tak" noise from front side whenever the car used to negotiate a bad road. For first 3 visits ASS team continued to grease the suspension caliper. It's when the noise did not subside even after the 3rd visit, I officially complained to Maruti and then again my swift was taken away by dealership. After a days diagnoses they found the engine basement beam rusted and the source of this noise.
Hope that is not the cause of noise in your Swift.
Thanks
Thanks for the pointer harpreet. I'll definitely ask them to take a look. I'm planning to go on tuesday or wednesday so they can take a look at my car properly since the no.of cars coming in may be less. I will also escalte to Maruti based on how things progress from hear on. Its very prominent when negotiating hill roads which are in bad shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Are you sure that the oil made this difference? I have seen similar feedback in multiple forums. Has the engine tone changed? Or you hear a clatter?

Curious, because my experience with mineral, semi-synth and synth has been neutral. I couldn't make much of a difference in the engine drone with any of them.
Hmm,i'm quite positive its the oil since this particular service had all replaced ie oil,fuel and air filters and yet the NVH has remained the same pre and post service. When I first got mobil 1 it was very very refined. Now the engine is quite noisy all through the rev range.
Old 17th June 2014, 18:27   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post
3. Is this issue with Brakes resolved?
hi Zigor,

I am an owner of Swift vxi 2013 model and I feel that breaks are not adequate for emergency braking; Swift's braking distance is more than usual and it may hurt more when you're on higher speed.

ps: I have not upgraded my tyres.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 22:08   #2249
BHPian

Hello swift owners. Need your opinion here. (Posting this from another thread):

I have been provided the following quote for Swift ZXI in Gurgaon.
Ex showroom: 564889
Zero dep insurance: 20312
3, 4 year extended warranty: 8006
Handling charges: 6000
Basic kit + reg card: 2427
Discount: -5000
OTR: 617031

1. Is the extended warranty a must have, or even a good to have component?
2. Is the insurance bit too expensive? I checked with online providers like ICICI and Bajaj allianz, and they quote something around 15-16K
3. Are other charges like handling and registration sensible?

Last edited by akshay87kumar : 17th June 2014 at 22:11. Reason: Edit salutation text!
Old 18th June 2014, 02:28   #2250
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay87kumar View Post
I have been provided the following quote for Swift ZXI in Gurgaon.

Ex showroom: 564889
Zero dep insurance: 20312
3, 4 year extended warranty: 8006
Handling charges: 6000
Basic kit + reg card: 2427
Discount: -5000
OTR: 617031
Nice price for the ZXi you have got Akshay.

Quote:
1. Is the extended warranty a must have, or even a good to have component?
It is good to have it and no harm in paying. It doesn't mean that the car is unreliable or sort. Just that it will be giving you peace of mind for the next 4 years to come in case there is any issue.

Quote:
2. Is the insurance bit too expensive? I checked with online providers like ICICI and Bajaj allianz, and they quote something around 15-16K
Seems fine though.

Quote:
3. Are other charges like handling and registration sensible?
Handling is a bit on the higher side and I don't understand why this charged to a customer. Can I know what does' Basic Kit' mean and what does it contain?

One thing I just noticed is the low discount you are getting on the Swift - 5K. Push for more discount or try another dealer.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks