Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 23:11   #2026
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Sorry, the Brio will kill the Swift in high speed manners. The Brio is one sorted car when it comes to handling. and NO I am not a Honda fanboy. I Drive a 2008 Swift Diesel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I too drive a 2008 petrol swift but my experience with Brio in high speed was nothing better.
Guys, the new (2011) Swift has much better road manners and high speed stability than the old one. Just that the old one, I guess, had a harsher suspension and probably could beat the newer one on a race track.

Also, the petrol one is said to be softly sprung than the diesel.

I've never driven the Brio though.
Old 30th November 2013, 21:10   #2027
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post

Guys, the new (2011) Swift has much better road manners and high speed stability than the old one. Just that the old one, I guess, had a harsher suspension and probably could beat the newer one on a race track.

Also, the petrol one is said to be softly sprung than the diesel.
A diesel car is heavier than a petrol counterpart so the underpinnings will have to stronger and sharper than petrol ones.

Anurag
Old 3rd December 2013, 17:40   #2028
Senior - BHPian

Want to replace fog lights bulbs on a New Swift since it conked off. Is it easy or will I have to remove the bumper ? Planning a DIY if it doesn't involve removing bumper.
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:06   #2029
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Want to replace fog lights bulbs on a New Swift since it conked off. Is it easy or will I have to remove the bumper ? Planning a DIY if it doesn't involve removing bumper.
I am not sure of the DIY but you will need to remove the bumper to get hold of the bulbs.

I leave this job to the ASC as it is better and parts involved are delicate so no point in fiddling. If mis-fit then rattling is the gift given to you a return!

Anurag.
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:23   #2030
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, it is a very simple DIY if you like to do it yourself since replacing all of these bulbs in a car should be something that you can easily do and elementary that often helps during emergency situations.

I have always found the owner's manual have all the details regarding some basic replacements and one of them is Bulbs.

Here is something that you can refer which is available in Swift's Owner's manual to replace the fog light bulbs.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-swift_fog.jpg

And no, you don't need to remove the bumper for such a simple task. Its only the fender cover (right behind the bumper) that needs to be removed by removing the clips to be able to access the bulb holder sockets and the pull the fog bulbs out.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 18:27   #2031
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And no, you don't need to remove the bumper for such a simple task. Its only the fender cover (right behind the bumper) that needs to be removed by removing the clips to be able to access the bulb holder sockets and the pull the fog bulbs out.
Though I am not a DIY guy but I did try this so with experience I told as I broke the fender cover.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 21:31   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well, it is a very simple DIY if you like to do it yourself since replacing all of these bulbs in a car should be something that you can easily do and elementary that often helps during emergency situations.
Kindly pardon the super noob query, but where exactly is this fender cover located ? I'm attaching pics

Is it the one in first pic or is it located somewhere in the 2nd pic ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_1164edit.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_1166edit.jpg  

Old 3rd December 2013, 21:56   #2033
BANNED

Quote:
Kindly pardon the super noob query, but where exactly is this fender cover located ? I'm attaching pics

Is it the one in first pic or is it located somewhere in the 2nd pic ?
The first picture. The black cover is that one too be opened to get access to the fog lamps.

That is the cover that I broke in trying my hand on DIY.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 12:34   #2034
Distinguished - BHPian

Kalyani Motors, a Maruti dealership in Bangalore, has modified the Swift and given it a ‘Platinum Edition’ moniker. This modified Swift, however, is being sold exclusively from Kalyani Motors in Bangalore, not from Maruti itself.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-0_0_860_http___i_haymarket_net_au_galleries_20131204044206_1461011_554318271318885_1215807361_n.jpg

Exterior changes in the Maruti Swift include a grille that’s finished in silver, blacked-out head- and tail-lamps with LED daytime running lights, front and rear bumper spoilers, side skirts, a roof-mounted spoiler, a black roof, body decals and grey alloys.

On the inside, Kalyani Motors has fitted the modified Swift with faux leather seats and a JVC audio system with four speakers.
Kalyani Motors has stated that the modified Swift Platinum Edition is available only on the VDi variant for Rs 1.40 lakh over and above the cost of the regular car (Rs 6.32 lakh), which brings the total cost to Rs 7.72 lakh (ex-showroom, Bangalore)

Source:ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th December 2013 at 12:36.
Old 4th December 2013, 16:16   #2035
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Kalyani Motors, a Maruti dealership in Bangalore, has modified the Swift and given it a ‘Platinum Edition’ moniker. This modified Swift, however, is being sold exclusively from Kalyani Motors in Bangalore, not from Maruti itself.

Exterior changes include a grille that’s finished in silver, blacked-out head- and tail-lamps with LED daytime running lights, front and rear bumper spoilers, side skirts, a roof-mounted spoiler, a black roof, body decals and grey alloys.

On the inside, Kalyani Motors has fitted the modified Swift with faux leather seats and a JVC audio system with four speakers.
Kalyani Motors has stated that the modified Swift Platinum Edition is available only on the VDi variant for Rs 1.40 lakh over and above the cost of the regular car (Rs 6.32 lakh), which brings the total cost to Rs 7.72 lakh (ex-showroom, Bangalore)
So all signs to clear stocks and make way for the new one is becoming evident. A good sign.

IIRC, the same was done in Rajasthan or some where by a specific dealer name the variant as XDi.

Coming to the car it looks good minus those grills in silver and body graphics.

IMO, anything sensibly done to the Swift, it still looks good. Man this car does have some oomph!

Anurag.
Old 7th December 2013, 00:16   #2036

Hello, Team!

I've only recently joined the forum and this is my first post, so forgive me if I sound noob-ish

My first query is : Does the Swift VDi come with the option of ABS?
Old 7th December 2013, 08:00   #2037
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaidmehkri View Post
My first query is : Does the Swift VDi come with the option of ABS?
No it does not. The previous generation that did not have a ZDi version had ABS as optional. You'll have to buy a ZDI variant to get an ABS equipped Swift among other useful and great VFM features.
Old 7th December 2013, 10:01   #2038
Senior - BHPian

Just bought the ZDI. My other car right now is a Civic. And frankly the swift steering system has just lost it. I really now appreciate what a wonderful car the civic is. The swift steering is actually tiring on highways. It requires a lot of inputs at all times. It is not self centering. Its a wonderful and cheap car for daily office drives but nothing more than that.

The Civic has really spoilt me! Thank god I still have it!
Old 7th December 2013, 11:51   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Just bought the ZDI. My other car right now is a Civic. And frankly the swift steering system has just lost it. I really now appreciate what a wonderful car the civic is. The swift steering is actually tiring on highways. It requires a lot of inputs at all times. It is not self centering. Its a wonderful and cheap car for daily office drives but nothing more than that. The Civic has really spoilt me! Thank god I still have it!
Most insightful indeed!

So what have they done to the Swift? The earlier one which we owned some years back was simply superbly precise, responsive and yet light enough in the city.

It was a great, sporty little point and shoot machine (by normal city commuter car standards) and was certainly streets above its contemporaries like those horrid Hyundais and Cheap-as-chips Chevys/ Dunderheaded Daewoos!
Old 7th December 2013, 13:57   #2040
Senior - BHPian

We have the last generation swift ZXI as well. That handles well. the steering is very precise and weighs up as well.
This just does not weigh up at all and requires a lot of inputs at highway speeds. The ZXI on the other hand stays rock solid.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks