Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2013, 00:34   #2011
BHPian

I would argue Swift to be a better car than both Brio and Grand in terms of ride and handling.

While Brio is a nice little zippy car, it will lose out to the other two for the cost cuttings involved in it. Swift and Grand are better rounded products.

Swift is a sportier car to drive. Grand has better built and equipment. So the choice is yours
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 02:33   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi Bhpians! My friend need a petrol hatch as his 2nd family car & is confused between Swift, Brio & Grand-i10. Thanks to the competition. I had a short TD of both petrol & diesel variants of Swift. Also had a TD of Brio on a smooth tarmac. I have not Tdied the Grand yet. Need your advice before finalizing. He will go for the top end only & he is not bothered about the initial cost & features. He is also not worried about interior quality & luggage space. He will use the car mostly in city & once in a moth for long drives. His requirements in order preferences are: 1) Good ride quality (he means comfort oriented suspension set up so that ride will be least bone jarring) 2) City driveability 3) Engine power & strong pick up 4) Refinement & least cabin noise. 5) easy ingress & egress 6) ease of maintenance ( not cost of maintenance ) 7) FE 8) High speed control & manners
Point no. 8) high speed manners of swift are much better than the rest mentioned cars.

This is the only point on which i disagree with you. Rest of them are almost spot on.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 08:06   #2013
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
His requirements in order preferences are:
1) Good ride quality (he means comfort oriented suspension set up so that ride will be least bone jarring)
2) City driveability
3) Engine power & strong pick up
4) Refinement & least cabin noise.
5) easy ingress & egress
6) ease of maintenance ( not cost of maintenance )
7) FE
8) High speed control & manners
I haven't driven the Grand and have only had very short drives on the Brio. So, let me not do a comparison and just tell you how the Swift will fare on those conditions above.

1) The new Swift has very good ride.
2) The K12M suffers from poor low end torque. But it gets better as the car gains mileage. Also, the trick is to feed in the torque by feathering the throttle.
3) In the right gear and with proper revs, there is no shortage of power. But it wont be able to match the big engines like the 1.5L in Liva TRD.
4) Very high on refinement, the engine is not heard at all unless you want to make it sing with your right foot. However traffic noise filters in.
5) Very poor at the rear.
6) Excellent.
7) Good.
8) Very good, on this side of 120 KMPH
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 17:19   #2014
BHPian

I am looking for a Swift VDi. Just inquired at Sai Service, Lower Parel.

This is their quote for Navi-Mumbai registration for individual.

Quote:
Ex Showroom :- 635753
Depo :- 6840
Zero Dep Insurance :- 23676
On Road :- 738327
Consumer Offer 9000
Total On Road :- 729327

I enquired for insurance at ICICI Lombard directly and got a quote of 23,300 for Zero Dep. So, its almost the same.

I am self employed and will go for full payment. Is there any other discount I can ask for?
Old 21st November 2013, 17:34   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I enquired for insurance at ICICI Lombard directly and got a quote of 23,300 for Zero Dep. So, its almost the same.
May be check for insurance somewhere else. Quote you got is pretty high for car with ex showroom price of 6.35L (IDV would be ~6L, I guess). Just for reference, please post below. Different car I know but the insurance quote is same or less with much higher IDV.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3299405
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 11:53   #2016
BHPian

Gave the Car for 30k service yesterday. Apart from regular 30k service, they changed a couple of parts . FR Joint Stabilizer and Front Disc Brake Assembly Set.

Total cost Rs.6415/- (Material Rs. 4493/- and Labor Rs. 1921/-)

I told them to stick with 15w40 while they were insisting on 5w40. 15w40 is good enough for weather over here. Also did not get wheel alignment or balancing. Will get those done outside if I feel the need.
Old 26th November 2013, 13:21   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Point no. 8) high speed manners of swift are much better than the rest mentioned cars.

This is the only point on which i disagree with you. Rest of them are almost spot on.
Sorry, the Brio will kill the Swift in high speed manners. The Brio is one sorted car when it comes to handling. and NO I am not a Honda fanboy. I Drive a 2008 Swift Diesel.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:38   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Does the LDi and VDi(non-ABS) models still have poor braking?
Old 26th November 2013, 17:50   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Sorry, the Brio will kill the Swift in high speed manners. The Brio is one sorted car when it comes to handling. and NO I am not a Honda fanboy. I Drive a 2008 Swift Diesel.
I too drive a 2008 petrol swift but my experience with Brio in high speed was nothing better.
Old 26th November 2013, 17:57   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

No offense, but I've come to this conclusion after driving both the cars back to back.

Had drive both the cars from Mumbai to Nashik. I own a Swift vdi 2011 and a friend owns a Brio.

I would definitely be with you in terms of braking. The Swift's brakes are pathetic. Brio is brilliant in braking (may be the ABS helped,my swift doesn't have ABS).

But at highway speeds, I always feel more confident in the Swift than the Brio. Also, Swift is very well mannered thru the ghat section.

Brio is good, but not as good as the Swift (strictly Highway Manners).

If your finding the Swift's handling not so good, I would suggest to upgrade the rubber (if you haven't). Maruti seems to have compromised on it. Also please keep check on the tyre preassure.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 19:37   #2021
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I too drive a 2008 petrol swift but my experience with Brio in high speed was nothing better.
Well, to each his own then

Quote:
No offense, but I've come to this conclusion after driving both the cars back to back.

Had drive both the cars from Mumbai to Nashik. I own a Swift vdi 2011 and a friend owns a Brio.

I would definitely be with you in terms of braking. The Swift's brakes are pathetic. Brio is brilliant in braking (may be the ABS helped,my swift doesn't have ABS).

But at highway speeds, I always feel more confident in the Swift than the Brio. Also, Swift is very well mannered thru the ghat section.

If your finding the Swift's handling not so good, I would suggest to upgrade the rubber (if you haven't). Maruti seems to have compromised on it. Also please keep check on the tyre preassure.
Same, reached this conclusion after driving both of them back to back for around a 1000 km on a 2 car trip to Gujarat.

I already have 185/70/R14' Michelins since 86 thousand km and run 34-F and 32 - R which is checked every week.

Anyway, maybe our perceptions about handling are different.
Old 27th November 2013, 13:35   #2022
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki introduces performance-oriented new Swift Sport in Indonesia.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-newsuzukiswiftsport01.jpg

Quote:
The new Swift Sport is powered by a new M16A, 4-cylinder DOHC VVT engine that churns out a maximum power output of 134.2bhp and a peak torque of 160Nm. The engine is mated to a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with a low- and high-range auxiliary gearbox that gives a wider range of gear ratios, so it promotes both acceleration and fuel economy. The shift paddles allow the driver to change gears without letting go of the steering wheel. The vehicle will also be made available with six-speed manual transmissions
http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...esia-11771.htm
Old 27th November 2013, 14:21   #2023
BHPian

Quote:

I agree with you. I have driven both, I own Swift ZDI. The Swift breaking is good only with ABS model. But road handling is simply excellent with 195/60R15 Michelin PLC, I can say best in the class. Boith highway and city driving it is pleasure.

The OEM tyres are just crap tyres. I wouldn;t recommend for more than 20K Kms, if one can;t change when it is new.
manjubp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 18:07   #2024
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Suzuki introduces performance-oriented new Swift Sport in Indonesia.
Wish they launch this as a limited edition with a 6-speed manual transmission and if given a chance a 1.6L MJD with a 6-speed manual transmission.

Anurag
Old 29th November 2013, 17:29   #2025
BHPian

Hi, As Ritz indicator console does not have lane change function, can we swap Swift's indicator console onto Ritz?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks