Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 16:38   #1936
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Fellow bhpian Speed.Demon sent me this pic found in one of the modder's page in fb. Don't know much details. It looks cool IMO. Any ideas where I can find some thing like this?
Attachment 1113579
Buy it directly from the source and avoid the middle man (saving very many bucks in the process). Please look at the link provided, fellow bhpians have successfully ordered and received the products from this website.

http://www.rstyleracing.com/index.ph...61515060123515
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 22:12   #1937

Swift MID Hack

Hello there.
I just bought a swift vxi. I noticed that the display near the gauges have 3 lines. One left blank, the other 2 for some more info. The z variants display Outside temp in the blank line.
Is there a way to enable that feature and obviously I need a temp sensor first. But is there anything else I need to enable, like some program change or a jumper near the ECU or something? I'm not deeply interested in getting this feature, but I would celebrate if I did get it
Old 14th August 2013, 09:15   #1938
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift MID Hack

Can you post the pic of what you are referring to? It may be very much possible to do what you are referring to.

There can be two things that you may need to pay attention to. First - look at the firmware version of the MID console and secondly, check for necessary hardware enablement. Since the outside temperature needs to be "sensed" by some hardware, it is a must.

The MID may be capable of displaying temperatures provided that it has correct version of the firmware support and hardware is present. I don't know exactly but my guess is that MID firmware update should be easy but since its vxi variant, you may not have necessary hardware support to sense the temperatures. Of course these are just my passing thoughts and you should look for more expert comments
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:45   #1939
BANNED

A question to all New Swift Diesel owners:

I have short listed this as the replacement of my 2010 Ritz VDi (completing 100000 kms soon). What I want to know is that how does the cra feel at speeds between 90 - 110 kmph as I have highway usage and will be at these speeds for almost 2 hours a day so I don't want to feel tired and stressed.

The Ritz's engine feels little strained after 100 kmph and the NVH is also bad so wanted to know how the New Swift fares in the NVH department. I know there is the official review but i want to get honest feedback from owners who use it day-in and day-out.

Thanks in advance.

Anurag.
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:57   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
A question to all New Swift Diesel owners:

I have short listed this as the replacement of my 2010 Ritz VDi (completing 100000 kms soon). What I want to know is that how does the cra feel at speeds between 90 - 110 kmph as I have highway usage and will be at these speeds for almost 2 hours a day so I don't want to feel tired and stressed.

The Ritz's engine feels little strained after 100 kmph and the NVH is also bad so wanted to know how the New Swift fares in the NVH department. I know there is the official review but i want to get honest feedback from owners who use it day-in and day-out.

Thanks in advance.

Anurag.
I happen to own a 2012 swift zdi with 20 k on odo. The car is absolutely planted at above speeds , with some road noise filtering thru the wafer thin windows. However understand upgrade of better tyres can negate that to a certain extent and further improve stability(havent upgraded my mrf zvts as of now) max speed touched is 160kmph with engine straining beyond that.
Hope above is of help!
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:01   #1941
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.virmani View Post
I happen to own a 2012 swift zdi with 20 k on odo. The car is absolutely planted at above speeds , with some road noise filtering thru the wafer thin windows. However understand upgrade of better tyres can negate that to a certain extent and further improve stability(havent upgraded my mrf zvts as of now) max speed touched is 160kmph with engine straining beyond that.
Hope above is of help!
Thank you for the prompt reply Kartik.

I will keep the car stock and be on the tyres given from factory as it the best thing than modify IMO. Is the engine rough at these speeds?

Anurag.
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:15   #1942
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you for the prompt reply Kartik.

I will keep the car stock and be on the tyres given from factory as it the best thing than modify IMO. Is the engine rough at these speeds?

Anurag.
personal experience 90-110 the engine is at ease in crusing along .
kartik.virmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 00:36   #1943
BHPian

I second what Kartik said. It's a breeze and is in its elements between 90-130 kmph. NVH is acceptable but a tyre upgrade helps immensely. Go for a ZDI as the wider tires give better grip and the brake boosters help you slow down real quick while keeping the car under complete control
Old 23rd August 2013, 01:31   #1944
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
I second what Kartik said. It's a breeze and is in its elements between 90-130 kmph. NVH is acceptable but a tyre upgrade helps immensely. Go for a ZDI as the wider tires give better grip and the brake boosters help you slow down real quick while keeping the car under complete control
I want to go for the ZDI only and nothing lower. Trying hard to get an OK from dad. Without approval from the head office nothing is possible!

I will be keeping the car stock as I get in the ZDI!

Anurag.
Old 24th August 2013, 14:47   #1945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I have a Swift ZXI (petrol), which has around 6k on the odo right now. The car is almost stock, except for the tyres which I have upgraded to 195-section A-Drives from the 185-section stock MRFs.

I'm getting a mileage of around 13-13.5 kmpl consistently, measured on a tankful-to-tankful basis. My usage is around 60% on a congested highway (BLR-MYS) and the rest in moderate city traffic. I run AC 100% of the time. I like to believe that by and large I drive with a light foot (don't often rev beyond 2.5k too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Very similar experience - I also have a ZXi, drive with 100% AC, but mostly in the city. Initially the "average" reading used to show 14.8, but pump would actually give 13 or so.
I have decided to switch to only Shell, and also moved to Nitrogen, with the hope that tyres will hold pressure for longer. Lets see if these help ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARG View Post
Can't go with the MID, obviously!
My ZXI has had a recent drop in FE, too. With 100% AC, in the city, I get around 13kpl. The MID shows 16!
Have noticed that driving style/environment(ie city/highway) seems to have a huge impact - noticeably more so than some other cars I've owned.
So much so that, I have to make up excuses to not let the driver get behind the wheel!!!
I have a 2011 LXI and have logged the mileage since I bought the car, barring a few exceptions.

I drive with a fairly light right foot. I get mileage in the range of 14-18 KMPL in city(B'lore) [with the AC turned on half the time], speeds are as fast as Bengaluru city traffic allows . On highways I get mileage in the range of 17-20 KMPL depending on road conditions, with AC ON most of the times.

Average reading currently shows 20KMPL on the MID, but on tankful to tankful over the past 2 years(and ~14K KMs) I have got an average of 17.6 with approx 50% in city and 50% in highways.
Last trip to Mysore in November '12 gave me 21.3KMPL.

I have normal "atmospheric" air filled (but regulary checked and topped up), I doubt Nitrogen in tyres will improve FE and there has been enough debate on this in some other threads.

Though Shell seems to improve mileage (rather the volume that gets in) when compared to the average bunk, but other reliable bunks also have given similar results (another thread exists for the same).

So, I guess this is more to do with driving style and choosing the right time to commute (where possible) than the car!

I agree that on inclinations, acceleration is a BIG letdown though! But, again since the gear ratios allow it, down shifting does compensate this inconvenience.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 15:16   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to go for the ZDI only and nothing lower. Trying hard to get an OK from dad. Without approval from the head office nothing is possible!

I will be keeping the car stock as I get in the ZDI!

Anurag.
Anurag---is that sound that you get in the Ritz from the engine or the tyres? If it is the engine, then I guess the Swift will have similar NVH, unless it has better damping under the hood, or thicker window glass.

If it is due to tyres, I suggest you exchange the stock tyres for Michellin XM2s. They are a lot quieter and have a lot more grip. I did the same for my Figo, and paid only 7200 for a set of 4 instead of 19200. The stock Appollo tyres ran only for one Km from the showroom to Ashoka Wheels.
Old 25th August 2013, 00:28   #1947
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Anurag---is that sound that you get in the Ritz from the engine or the tyres? If it is the engine, then I guess the Swift will have similar NVH, unless it has better damping under the hood, or thicker window glass.
The diesel clatter and the wind+tyre noise is evident in the Ritz between 90-110 kmph. The engine sound is OK and enjoyable but the wind issue is bad.

Going by the Official Review for the New Swift the windows are thinner so I can expect a little higher NVH than the older models!

Quote:
If it is due to tyres, I suggest you exchange the stock tyres for Michellin XM2s. They are a lot quieter and have a lot more grip. I did the same for my Figo, and paid only 7200 for a set of 4 instead of 19200. The stock Appollo tyres ran only for one Km from the showroom to Ashoka Wheels.
Can this change be done by the dealer itself before me taking the delivery of the car? Will the dealer agree for this or would it be better for me to get it done at Ashoka Wheels?

Anurag.
Old 25th August 2013, 18:27   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The diesel clatter and the wind+tyre noise is evident in the Ritz between 90-110 kmph. The engine sound is OK and enjoyable but the wind issue is bad.

Going by the Official Review for the New Swift the windows are thinner so I can expect a little higher NVH than the older models!

Can this change be done by the dealer itself before me taking the delivery of the car? Will the dealer agree for this or would it be better for me to get it done at Ashoka Wheels?

Anurag.
The dealer may not agree, either to the change of tyres or even to the upsize. Do check if an upsize will void warranty.

As regards NVH, I sat in Vihari's Ritz during the Haleem Meet and found the engine almost petrol-like, when compared to my Figo. But that was at low revvs only, in old city area.
Old 25th August 2013, 18:40   #1949
BANNED

Quote:
The dealer may not agree, either to the change of tyres or even to the upsize. Do check if an upsize will void warranty.
Will definitely check with Varun Motors and if they agree will ask them to fit Michelin XM2's with the 185 sections before taking delivery. Else will see what can be done.

Quote:
As regards NVH, I sat in Vihari's Ritz during the Haleem Meet and found the engine almost petrol-like, when compared to my Figo. But that was at low revvs only, in old city area.
My whole problem lies in the turbo range i.e. 90-110 kmph where the Turbo is mightily active and in the Ritz the sound is on the higher side. So have to see how the new engine on the Swift is at cruising speeds.

The other thing that I notice (which is normal though) is that once the car touches 8000 kms after an oil change the NVH is pretty high. The moment I get car from service the NVH is low again due to the new oil.

Do you feel the same for the Figo?

Anurag.
Old 25th August 2013, 19:04   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The other thing that I notice (which is normal though) is that once the car touches 8000 kms after an oil change the NVH is pretty high. The moment I get car from service the NVH is low again due to the new oil.

Do you feel the same for the Figo?

Anurag.
Not really. Did not notice much difference in NVH after the oil change. The Figo clatter is more on a cold engine, but it gets refined after driving for around 10 to 15 minutes. After that, I find a bit of clatter only while accelerating hard, say from 1500 rpm to 2000 rpm. From 2K to 2.5 K, it is a bit refined, but there is a 'vroom' sound around 3 K and above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks