Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 23:31   #1846
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My friend is into insurance business and he says SBI General Insurance is the BEST of the lot when it comes to premium amount. He deals with multiple vendors and usually picks the BEST for his customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
...Anyone took insurance renewal from outside dealership? Is it possible to get something having tieup with maruti from outside?
Mods: Posting in swift thread to get a faster response than in insurance thread.
I have taken the insurance from outside for 3 years. Thankfully never had to claim even once. And don't worry about the tie up with Maruti, each dealer / A$$ has certain players who are bit more leniant based on their personal rapport. If you consistently visit a single A$$, check with them which one do they prefer. Try to get the insurance done from that vendor.

PS:: I believe Maruti currently has tie up with Royal Sundaram.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:47   #1847
BHPian

Discounts on Swift, ndtv mentions this is the first time. Not sure??

http://profit.ndtv.com/news/market/a...e-otherstories
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:54   #1848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post

A few months back I saw an advert for exhange bonus of 15k on Swift Petrol
Old 22nd March 2013, 13:59   #1849
Distinguished - BHPian

To celebrate the success of selling over 30 lakhs worldwide, MS releases the special edition called 'Swift Star'.

The limited edition Swift Star features the typical Maruti Suzuki add ons such as –
  • A double din stereo with Bluetooth
  • Art leather seat cover
  • A rear roof spoiler
  • Speaker 1 pairs
  • Steering wheel cover
  • Designer mats
It seems that the Swift Star is only available with the DDIS (diesel) engine which is essentially Fiat’s MultiJet engine with some Maruti Suzuki badging on it. The price of the Maruti Suzuki Swift Star Edition is still unknown

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/03/m...#ixzz2OFt6gS1X
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:19   #1850
BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

Just checked with a maruti dealership in Chennai. It seems there is no official announcement to the dealers yet !! (surprising). The SA was apprehensive of discounts as the prices of the cars are set to increase by April 1, 2013.

Regards
Adarsh
Old 22nd March 2013, 15:47   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I have taken the insurance from outside for 3 years. Thankfully never had to claim even once. And don't worry about the tie up with Maruti, each dealer / A$$ has certain players who are bit more leniant based on their personal rapport. If you consistently visit a single A$$, check with them which one do they prefer. Try to get the insurance done from that vendor.

PS:: I believe Maruti currently has tie up with Royal Sundaram.
Thanks, at last went with national insurance from dealership. Cost was 12700.
Reason:- On Wednesday i got call from dealership saying insurance will expire on Friday. I was not at all interested in going with dealership due to pathetic sale and A$$ experience and attitude of even service exec guys to sell products to me than rectifying any of the complaints.
When i checked with national insurance, they were ready to give me insurance, but i have to get it from next district. If i get it from same city where dealer is located, dealer can complain to their head office.
I didn't understand this part. Overall it is a sale to the insurance company.
And to get no claim bonus, i need to get NOC certificate from dealer. That was difficult to get all these completed within 2 days as i was in Bangalore. Didn't thought about getting from Bangalore as my car will be in Kerala for next 6 months. So got it from dealership. They are providing washing wheel alignment and polishing as free. Passenger and driver are having coverage. Paid driver has extra coverage etc...
And my dad paid for this

Last edited by devil_klm : 22nd March 2013 at 15:48.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:33   #1852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, at last went with national insurance from dealership. Cost was 12700.

...When i checked with national insurance, they were ready to give me insurance, but i have to get it from next district. If i get it from same city where dealer is located, dealer can complain to their head office.
I didn't understand this part. Overall it is a sale to the insurance company.
Nice you got it done finally. Looks to me like their usual tactics.

Quote:
...And to get no claim bonus, i need to get NOC certificate from dealer...
In my 4 years of ownership, I NEVER had to bother about the NCB inspite of trying out 3 different insurance players. I have no idea what is NCB issue you are talking about. Looks like another tactics from them!
Old 25th March 2013, 11:28   #1853

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh.n View Post
Hi Mates,

My sincere thanks to prime, devil_klm, amalji, turbokick, highoctane, sourabhzen, drmohitg, vaisakhr, The suggestions and thoughts were really insightful and was really helpful. Especially the comparisons of maintenance which was an eyeopener to me. The aspect of practicality as suggested by devil_klm struck a strong note and i believe this will be the fey deciding factor. I feel more confident now that i will be able to arrive at a decision over the weekend once i do a test drive of both Swift and Dzire once again.

Once again, thanks to all.

- Rgds

Adarsh
Hi Adarsh,
I had a similar dilemma last year before I got mine, and Dzire was not an option for me. I would rather say both cars are identical in performance, with Dzire having an advantage of sedan-like feel. This is just an confrontation of Heart & Mind. Your heart says Dzire and Mind says swift. Thew call is yours. My advice would be to go for swift, at least you can use the difference amount (from Dzire) on some mods.

Rgds,
CB
Prime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 04:11   #1854

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:

Quote:
Hi,

Just checked with a maruti dealership in Chennai. It seems there is no official announcement to the dealers yet !! (surprising). The SA was apprehensive of discounts as the prices of the cars are set to increase by April 1, 2013.

Regards
Adarsh
Guys, I am looking to book a Swift-Zxi.
The newsplaces are abuzz with zero waiting for Swift D and discounts being offered on Swift P and D.

Is there someone who got a discounted quote on Swift petrol from any dealer in NCR? The SA at one premium dealership in Delhi said there's nothing on Swift, but for some corporate discount on the diesel! He declined to offer any freebies either, which brings me to writing this.
Clearly, MSIL has inventories to clear, given the reduced waiting line.
My question is: Should I wait more for the petrol Swift to come down? Guys, please offer perspective if u have any thoughts on Swift discount issue.

Thanks.
Old 29th March 2013, 11:28   #1855
BHPian

Hi Vaibhav,

MSIL doesn't offer any discounts on swift And dzire as these are the brands fetching them maximum profit margins. I think what ndtv reported on discounts was only the accessories which are being provided at an extra cost of 20k in chennai after a discount of 5000 in their so called limited edition Star model. Yes there are swift and dzire in surplus hence the waiting period for diesel models are few days or a week based on the stocks and model. You can check the waiting period for zxi as IMO it may be slightly higher.

Happy motoring.

Regards

Adarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Hi Adarsh,
I had a similar dilemma last year before I got mine, and Dzire was not an option for me. I would rather say both cars are identical in performance, with Dzire having an advantage of sedan-like feel. This is just an confrontation of Heart & Mind. Your heart says Dzire and Mind says swift. Thew call is yours. My advice would be to go for swift, at least you can use the difference amount (from Dzire) on some mods.

Rgds,
CB
Hi prime,

Thanks. I've booked a dzire. I'm taking delivery of it on 11th April

Regards

Adarsh

Last edited by bblost : 29th March 2013 at 12:19. Reason: back 2 back
adarsh.n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 15:43   #1856
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavt2012 View Post
Guys, I am looking to book a Swift-Zxi.
The newsplaces are abuzz with zero waiting for Swift D and discounts being offered on Swift P and D.

Is there someone who got a discounted quote on Swift petrol from any dealer in NCR? The SA at one premium dealership in Delhi said there's nothing on Swift, but for some corporate discount on the diesel! He declined to offer any freebies either, which brings me to writing this.
Don't expect much discounts. Mostly they are talking about a corporate discount which otherwise was not there for Swift/Dzire. Waiting for sometime is a good idea, if you are not in a rush to buy a new car. The launch of Amaze at a correct price could pinch Dzire and force Maruti to offer something additional.
Between do they have excess inventory for a ZXi? If it has to be made to order, then I don't think you can expect discounts.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 22:36   #1857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the double din stereo with BT in the new limited edition Swift Star? Is it the same unit found in the ZDi or is it a different one? Thanks folks.
Thanks to GTO, I saw the unit in the new SX4 thread.
Old 31st March 2013, 23:40   #1858
BHPian

I have had my swift vvt petrol for about a couple of months now. I'm this time, I made a few highway trips - 4 Mysore to Bangalore, and 1 Mysore to bandipur.

One thing which struck me on all these highway drives was the lack of power in the petrol unit. At low revs (less than 2k) the engine is really dull. But even post that, it doesn't really improve too much. Overtaking, even with a downshift is painful. I'm not seeing any real power even around the 3k RPM mark. On a road with ups and downs (not ghats, just rolling terrain), the car really struggled.

I'm now very concerned. Is this what other swift owners have been facing? How's your highway experience with the petrol?
Old 31st March 2013, 23:52   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I have had my swift vvt petrol for about a couple of months now. I'm this time, I made a few highway trips - 4 Mysore to Bangalore, and 1 Mysore to bandipur.

One thing which struck me on all these highway drives was the lack of power in the petrol unit. At low revs (less than 2k) the engine is really dull. But even post that, it doesn't really improve too much. Overtaking, even with a downshift is painful. I'm not seeing any real power even around the 3k RPM mark. On a road with ups and downs (not ghats, just rolling terrain), the car really struggled.

I'm now very concerned. Is this what other swift owners have been facing? How's your highway experience with the petrol?
This is probably one of the case. Get you car checked at MASS. DOHC motors have a bit poor low end torque, but at around 2k rpms you shouldn't face any issues whatsoever.
Old 1st April 2013, 01:09   #1860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I've booked a dzire. I'm taking delivery of it on 11th April
Good that you went for the Dzire finally. It does cover a few of the critical drawbacks of the Swift.
I hope, you felt the ease of drive as good as the Swift during your second test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Which car were you using before switching to the Swift Petrol ? Was it a diesel ?
Also try out a test drive car to see whether it's specific to your car or not.

Last edited by amalji : 1st April 2013 at 01:14.

Most Viewed