Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:56   #1636
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Just got a call from MASS (Pratham Motors, Bangalore) informing me about a free checkup camp this Sunday, should go or give it a pass.

Also, does anyone in Bangalore have any experiences with Mandovi Motors near sarjapur road, (next to fisherman's warf). My swift is nearing its 3rd free service and i am planning to give them a try.
Old 22nd November 2012, 20:17   #1637
BHPian

I would suggest to go for it only if you have enough free time. Me too got the same call. I went for a similar free check and body wash one month before and it was a waste of time. Vehicle was not cleaned, and don't know if they have done the checkups and oil top up offered. and it took 2 Hrs even after reaching there at 9:00AM.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:41   #1638
BHPian

Hello Friends, Had a biker hit the driver side ORVM from the opposite side while waiting for a friend outside his house. The ORVM closed on impact, but on closer inspection saw that the cover of the blinker has developed a crack. I wanted to know that can the cover of the blinker be replaced,, is it available separately as a MGP? How to proceed?
Any inputs are welcome.BTW , the car in question is the new swift ZDI.
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:31   #1639
BHPian

Yes it is available. 800+painting charges+ tax is what MASS told me. I got a minor scratch. So thought of keeping it as it is. If it is possible to fix the crack, i would suggest to go for 3M carbon fiber wrap over it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post2959441
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 20:47   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78
it available separately as a MGP? ZDI.
Yes it is available as a MGP. IIRC, I was quoted 180+taxes for the cover from an authorized MGP stockist.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:01   #1641
BHPian

Thanks guys, will check the availability at a MGP store. Will the part be painted & ready to use or would the painting be required? Any guesses?
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:31   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post

Dear Whitewing,
I own a 2012 SwiftP and have faced the similar issue since Day 1. I am happy that I have got the issue resolved from MASS. .
rgds,
CB
Dear prime, Thanks for the update, and good to note that your drive is now safer! There has been no progress on my front. My M.A.S.S person has not reverted back on this and I have been currently swamped with work, so did not get the time to follow up on this.
Old 24th November 2012, 22:48   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78
Thanks guys, will check the availability at a MGP store. Will the part be painted & ready to use or would the painting be required? Any guesses?
It would certainly require painting. I tried painting it myself with a com-paint spray can, but the results were far off perfect.
Old 26th November 2012, 12:57   #1644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
Does anyone in Bangalore have any experiences with Mandovi Motors near sarjapur road, (next to fisherman's warf). My swift is nearing its 3rd free service and i am planning to give them a try.
Does anyone have any information, please update.
Old 29th November 2012, 09:04   #1645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
Does anyone have any information, please update.
The shop floor looks good, but I felt SAs weren't that good.

I had gone there to get my rear bumper fixed when an Indica rear ended the car on Sarjapur road. They fixed it free of cost and even replaced a few plastic rivets.

I had taken the car to their shop for a second time to check the vibration on the clutch pedal. And the SA attending me that day was adamant that all new 2011 Swifts with the new K series engine show the pattern and it is quite normal. I never took our ZDi there after that. They were getting very few cars back then.

I haven't given the car for service there. The new Surakshaa at Bommanahalli is good, though the facilities are still mediocre. However, they let you beside the car when it is being worked on in the shop floor. I prefer that. And agree to only the things specified in the owner' manual.

Last edited by deetjohn : 29th November 2012 at 09:05. Reason: typo.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 17:57   #1646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn
... The new Surakshaa at Bommanahalli is good, though the facilities are still mediocre. However, they let you beside the car when it is being worked on in the shop floor. I prefer that. And agree to only the things specified in the owner' manual.
Those guys are excellent. They have an eye for detail too. I used to be a regular, never had to frown. Slightly expensive than rest I guess, but completely worth if you ask me.
Old 30th November 2012, 22:23   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Hello Friends, Had a biker hit the driver side ORVM from the opposite side while waiting for a friend outside his house. The ORVM closed on impact, but on closer inspection saw that the cover of the blinker has developed a crack. I wanted to know that can the cover of the blinker be replaced,, is it available separately as a MGP? How to proceed?
Any inputs are welcome.BTW , the car in question is the new swift ZDI.
Today enquired about the said part at a MGP store.The whole sealed indicator unit is available with the bulbs & all inside & has the provision to be fitted inside the ORVM cover & also has a place for the attachment of wiring coupler.The cost , is Rs. 1350/ !!!
Old 1st December 2012, 17:36   #1648

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Dear prime, Thanks for the update, and good to note that your drive is now safer! There has been no progress on my front. My M.A.S.S person has not reverted back on this and I have been currently swamped with work, so did not get the time to follow up on this.
Dear Whitewing,
MASS never reverts till you take the issue head on with Maruthi management. Mail them, they will surely respond. Please remember Safety comes first, hence I would suggest not to ignore or sideline the problem. Preventing is certainly better than repenting.
Rgds,
CB
Prime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 20:56   #1649
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the LXi / LDi also geet the indicator integrated on the mirror? And if so, can we use this mirrors on the previous gen Swift? I like the mirrors with indicator on it, and have a body painted indicator cover on my mirrors now. However, on the mirrors broke & I am having a tough time removing the cover from broken ORVM.

If the new one fits old swift, then I shall as well proceed that way.

Edit: I think only the mirrors which doesn't have the electrical adjustment will make sense, hence the qquestion on the 'L' variants.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st December 2012 at 20:57.
Old 1st December 2012, 21:09   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Any specific reason why the lower variants are better built in case of Swift ?
The first gen Swift had the ZXi variant which was better built
It's not about the L and V versions built better than the Z versions. I think it's the lower profile tires on the Z versions that are the cause.
The 165/80 R 14 tires provide better ride, but at the expense of handling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks