Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 11:37   #136
BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sid, Bee can easily return that FE with sedate driving. The next time you are on the E-Way, cruise along at 80-100 and see the FE figures.

My 2 year old Swift D still manages a good 20+ on highway runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I second that.I constantly get 23-24 kmpl on the highways driving between 70-110. The roads are ,else I am a 110-120 kmph guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
The NVH levels are really low and the intrusion is very minimal with the awesome ICE playing in full blast .

BumbleBee:
City driving conditions - 100% AC - 17-18Kmpl calcluated using tank full to tankfull method.
Highwayruns constant crusing at 120-130Kmph - 100% AC = 21-22 Kmpl calcluated using tank full to tank full method.

speeds of 80 to 90kmph, swift D returns 24kmpl easily
Will try to calculate in sedate mode and see if I get the same kind of FE on BumbleBee.
Ok, guys whatever you said regarding FE sounds like a dream to me. My swift D has never managed more than 13-14kmpl. Yeah i drive with a very heavy foot, but still that is way too low. And before my driving style is pointed out as a cause for this, i would also like to mention that i never got less than 11 on my civic with the same driving style.

My car has done 108K+ Kms, never missed out on services and mechanically its still good (she still reaches 150 easily). The only major maintenance done was the replacement of left front axle. She is old now and being replaced next month.
ramneek009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 18:37   #137
BHPian

re: BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12

@ Racer_X - Thanks for sharing the detailed review on the swift - I do have a quick question for you - May you have already answered across the multiple pages - Which i may have overlooked - sorry if i have caused redundancy.

Does the new swift connect an ipod using the stock usb connector and also do the button on the steering help navigate playlists and songs ? Your feedback will be very useful.

Thanks - ML
Old 11th January 2012, 06:17   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Will post the 3D mats snaps after the internal cleaning is done
Hi, Eagerly awaiting the same. Could you get us loads of interior snaps also?
Old 11th January 2012, 10:17   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
@ Racer_X - Thanks for sharing the detailed review on the swift - I do have a quick question for you - May you have already answered across the multiple pages - Which i may have overlooked - sorry if i have caused redundancy.

Does the new swift connect an ipod using the stock usb connector and also do the button on the steering help navigate playlists and songs ? Your feedback will be very useful.

Thanks - ML
ZDI ICE supports Ipod classic and above models and yes you can navigate the songs from the steering control and playlist can be navigated from the console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Will do it ASAP.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:34   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
Ok, guys whatever you said regarding FE sounds like a dream to me. My swift D has never managed more than 13-14kmpl.
I have covered around 3000 kms with my new Swift Zdi and it is constantly giving 22 - 23 kmpl in city (Delhi NCR traffic), with speed between 60 - 90.

Last week I had gone to Chandigarh and on Highway the FE which I got was aroung 24.3 kmpl with speed varying between 80 - 110.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-zdi.html
Old 12th January 2012, 23:13   #141
BHPian

I am getting close to 14.5-15 kpl (as per MID) in Mumbai's nightmarish traffic. My ZDi has just crossed the 200 km mark, so these are very early days. I am impressed with these numbers considering the FE I am used to getting in my other petrol cars (never above 10 kpl) driving in the same conditions. I have been diligently keeping the revs below 2500 rpm.
Old 16th January 2012, 13:43   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Great stuff Racer!

How is the Bumble bee serving you? Whats the reading on the Odo? I hope you have not faced any issues with the brakes, like few others have. BTW, please add a photo or two of the 3D mats. I guess this request was made by quite a few members already. Would you?

Cheers!
As requested 3D mat snaps...

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0195.jpg

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0207.jpg

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0192.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Here you go..

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0201.jpg

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0203.jpg

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0210.jpg

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0215.jpg

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-imag0205.jpg

Adding few "Bee" in the night!

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-img01090201201150038.jpg

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-img01091201201150038.jpg

BumbleBee: First Maruti Swift ZDI in Pune & Team-BHP EDIT: 20,000 km Update on Pg 12-img01092201201150039.jpg

Last edited by Amartya : 25th January 2012 at 11:48. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Thanks.
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 14:33   #143
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the pics Racer_X. The 3D mats look great and they fit like they were manufactured along with the car on the assembly line.

'Bee' looks stingingly beautiful. I especially like the rear view of the new Swift. BTW, the glistening grey colour offered with the new Swift looks interesting. Saw one on the road just yesterday.
Old 16th January 2012, 15:41   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics Racer_X. The 3D mats look great and they fit like they were manufactured along with the car on the assembly line.

'Bee' looks stingingly beautiful. I especially like the rear view of the new Swift. BTW, the glistening grey colour offered with the new Swift looks interesting. Saw one on the road just yesterday.
Yeah the glistering grey looks awesome, alas I had no choice of color & not that I am complaining but I would have settled for a black as it really looks mean!

Guys I filled in Nitrogen today. 32 psi in the front and 29 psi at the rear (Maruti recommended), but I am feeling the steering a bit sluggish and not getting adequate feedback. I am travelling to Belgaum tomorrow. Please let me know if this is the optimum tyre pressure for highway driving. I have 185's on BumbleBee.

Last edited by Amartya : 25th January 2012 at 11:52. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Cheers.
Old 25th January 2012, 10:59   #145
Senior - BHPian

What is the expected load: how many people and what kind of luggage are you taking along?
If only driver +1 front passenger, then 32/30 should be fine. If you are carrying passengers + luggage in the rear, 32/32 should be better.

Edit: please check the pressure while cold or within the first km of driving. I am sure you know this, but just a reminder
Happy journey, drive safe!

Last edited by selfdrive : 25th January 2012 at 11:00.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:07   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
What is the expected load: how many people and what kind of luggage are you taking along?
If only driver +1 front passenger, then 32/30 should be fine. If you are carrying passengers + luggage in the rear, 32/32 should be better.

Edit: please check the pressure while cold or within the first km of driving. I am sure you know this, but just a reminder
Happy journey, drive safe!
Thank You buddy!

It is going to be driver + 3 passengers and light luggage (New swift has pathetic boot space ).
Old 25th January 2012, 11:40   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You buddy!

It is going to be driver + 3 passengers and light luggage (New swift has pathetic boot space).
Yep, I hear enough of that boot space issue from my friend who has the old Swift. So I can only imagine how it must be with the new one.
No wonder my Jazz is usually being taken away for airport trips by these people!

I was not sure if you have a rooftop carrier hence asked for luggage. I hope you have some pics for us when you return.

Edit: do ensure that you check with rear passengers for bumpiness/ comfort level and adjust accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
It seems I sail in the same boat as Ramneek with regards to FE. I drive very sedately and seldom cross 120 kmph even when I am on the expressway. I have detailed my FE figures based on full tank to full tank method here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2657473
Kiran: with the kind of mileage that you are reporting, I am tempted to ask if any of you know of someone selling a diesel Swift!
^^

Last edited by selfdrive : 25th January 2012 at 11:52.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:45   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BumbleBee:
City driving conditions - 100% AC - 17-18Kmpl calcluated using tank full to tankfull method.
Highwayruns constant crusing at 120-130Kmph - 100% AC = 21-22 Kmpl calcluated using tank full to tank full method.

speeds of 80 to 90kmph, swift D returns 24kmpl easily
Will try to calculate in sedate mode and see if I get the same kind of FE on BumbleBee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sid, Bee can easily return that FE with sedate driving. The next time you are on the E-Way, cruise along at 80-100 and see the FE figures.
My 2 year old Swift D still manages a good 20+ on highway runs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I second that.I constantly get 23-24 kmpl on the highways driving between 70-110. The roads are ,else I am a 110-120 kmph guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramneek009 View Post
My car has done 108K+ Kms, never missed out on services and mechanically its still good (she still reaches 150 easily). The only major maintenance done was the replacement of left front axle. She is old now and being replaced next month.
It seems I sail in the same boat as Ramneek with regards to FE. I drive very sedately and seldom cross 120 kmph even when I am on the expressway. I have detailed my FE figures based on full tank to full tank method here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2657473

Swanand, Racer_X, do you guys fill fuel till the brim after auto cutoff to measure the FE or are you quoting figures from the MID / auto cut off figures? There could be a big difference in various methods used to measure FE.
Old 25th January 2012, 11:55   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Swanand, Racer_X, do you guys fill fuel till the brim after auto cutoff to measure the FE or are you quoting figures from the MID / auto cut off figures? There could be a big difference in various methods used to measure FE.
Kiran,
I always fill till the "Brim" after auto cutoff to calculate the FE. I also use "FuelLog Pro" handy android app to log the FE.
HTH.
Racer_X is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 11:58   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kiran, firstly, sorry for the late response. Was busy with a wedding in the family.

Well, to answer your question - I never fill upto the brim. Its always stop at Autocutoff. Also, the pump at which I top up the Swift, is also fixed. Everytime I need to top her up, I head to Autolines (barring those times the car is out of city).

I suppose, your car will start giving more, once the 2nd - 3rd and so on servicings are done. Remember, my Swift is now almost 2 and half years old!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks