Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 14:31   #76
BHPian

Re: My *new* Maruti Swift VDi, the first on Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Avinash, a brake booster is provided by default in all modern cars. The only cars that did not have them was the Maruti 800 (old), Premier Padmini, etc. I doubt that a brake booster was added during service.
I read on one of the threads that the ZDi version has a brake booster & the VDi doesn't & that's one of the reasons the brakes of the ZDi are slightly better. Is that correct or did I get it wrong?
Old 11th October 2011, 14:50   #77
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
I read on one of the threads that the ZDi version has a brake booster & the VDi doesn't & that's one of the reasons the brakes of the ZDi are slightly better. Is that correct or did I get it wrong?
The ZDi has brake assist in addition to the brake booster coupled with ABS. The VDi just has a brake booster and it is poor.
Old 7th January 2012, 11:51   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
1K , for the first oil change only, no filter change.
Can you please post the cost of the first service please. And the oil used in the same.

Thanks.
Old 7th January 2012, 18:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
Can you please post the cost of the first service please. And the oil used in the same.

Thanks.

It's 870 and some change do not remember the exact total.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:08   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
That is good to know. I just finished reading the Overdrive road trip cum comparison of the new swift with fabia, punto, polo and the liva. They drove from Udaipur in Rajasthan to Udaipur in Tripura and the Swift came out on tops. Looks like a really good "new car" that kept the best bits of the old.
Sorry for joining this discussion late. I wouldn't go by what Overdrive has to say. But that's just me. If it was Autocar, that would mean something.
My question is, why the Swift? Did you TD other cars in the segment like Punto, Polo, Fabia, Beat etc?
I am just curious.
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:48   #81

Quote:
It's 870 and some change do not remember the exact total.
Hi..I too had my Swift ZDI serviced first today after 2000 kms and had to shell 3200..3050 something for oil and rest for oil filter..was i overcharged..
Old 4th February 2012, 00:42   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graco1984 View Post
Hi..I too had my Swift ZDI serviced first today after 2000 kms and had to shell 3200..3050 something for oil and rest for oil filter..was i overcharged..
Did they use synthetic oil? Don't you have the bill? Please share it with us - you could take the pic with a digi cam / mobile and transfer it to computer. Considering the first service is usually free, this is way too high!
Old 4th February 2012, 11:31   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Did they use synthetic oil? Don't you have the bill? Please share it with us - you could take the pic with a digi cam / mobile and transfer it to computer. Considering the first service is usually free, this is way too high!
attaching the bill...found quite a pinch..thought with MSIL the cost of maintenance would be significantly lower than Tata's..
Old 4th February 2012, 11:50   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you were charged that much that means, synthetic oil was used, a lot of service center are doing this now a days, and when asked the usual better oil crap starts, since the oil change intervals are 10,000Km these days, service center have started doing for money. that's all.
Old 4th February 2012, 12:07   #85

Quote:
If you were charged that much that means, synthetic oil was used, a lot of service center are doing this now a days, and when asked the usual better oil crap starts, since the oil change intervals are 10,000Km these days, service center have started doing for money. that's all.
Hmm..just confirmed with the service advisor..synthetic oil was used.. was their job to explain the differential cost involved..feel cheated
Old 4th February 2012, 20:46   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
attaching the bill...found quite a pinch..thought with MSIL the cost of maintenance would be significantly lower than Tata's..
Quote:
Hmm..just confirmed with the service advisor..synthetic oil was used.. was their job to explain the differential cost involved..feel cheated
Looks like the pic was not attached. Please try once again. Demand an explanation from them. Now the problem is once the engine & parts are used to the high capacity synthetic oil, I doubt downgrading to mineral oil is a good thing; that might affect performance. So please do some research on it.

Unless you want to spend on the synthetic oil, please get the oil flushed and get mineral oil added at the A$$ cost. Shoot a mail to Maruti customer care if A$$ doesn't budge!

Also what is the cost mentioned on the draft of Job card that was given to you [before they started working on your car] ? If the cost is minimal, then you stand a better chance of winning the argument. But if you signed the draft for the synthetic oil, then chances are low.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th February 2012 at 20:48.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 21:43   #87
BHPian

Dear New Swift Owners,

What about the famous Swift rattles of the older model. I have driven a old Swift Diesel which had done around 20k on a highway with not so good roads. I could hear the rattles from all around. Has this problem been taken care of by Maruti as the quality seems to be up.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks