Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2021, 01:20   #631
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
Am ruling out the option to fix a spacer instead opting to perform a full suspension upgrade presumably stiffer.
Did you get your suspensions changed? I too am looking for stiffer suspensions to replace ageing ones on my city. Please share if you are found any good options.
Old 19th September 2021, 23:18   #632
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
Did you get your suspensions changed? I too am looking for stiffer suspensions to replace ageing ones on my city. Please share if you are found any good options.
I haven't changed my suspensions yet. Since my car was driven less over the course of these years, I've decided to retain the springs and replace the existing absorber units at both ends. Am contemplating whether the tie rod ends, bump stoppers, sway bar links, strut bearings and control arm bushes have to be changed or not.

And the brand for the absorber units, I've finalised on KONI and have dropped an email to Methods Automotive, the authorized dealer for KONI products in India. Am yet to hear from them on this regard. Will update again when the proceedings begin.

Meanwhile, the below video helped me in understanding the basics.
eccentric is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 02:10   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile, the below video helped me in understanding the basics.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=ICTO...el=JunkyDIYguy
Thanks for sharing. Are the the Koni struts stiffer than stock? My shocks are not leaking, but I am looking to solve 2 problems when I replace them.
1.Should not bottom as much as now on humps, I have found softer suspension bouncing downwards to be the issue more often than GC.
2. Reduce bounciness at higher speeds.
Old 20th September 2021, 08:04   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Are the the Koni struts stiffer than stock? My shocks are not leaking, but I am looking to solve 2 problems when I replace them.
1.Should not bottom as much as now on humps, I have found softer suspension bouncing downwards to be the issue more often than GC.
2. Reduce bounciness at higher speeds.
Kindly follow the below link and continue reading through the page. The content is a fitting reply for your queries.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post2320978 (Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos)
Old 20th September 2021, 16:36   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Kindly follow the below link and continue reading through the page
I checked Koni website, they have suspensions only for civic, not city. Were you thinking of using civic suspensions for city, are they a match?
Let me know if you hear back from Koni.
Old 25th September 2021, 01:35   #636
BHPian

Thought I would pitch in my 2 cents from experience.
I have a 2015 Rapid TDI AT and have been using ROGERABS Polyurethane coil for 3 years now.
I mainly installed it to get rid of the ungodly thud from the back whenever the car goes over a hump at (even) a normal pace.

Apart from the raise in ground clearance, It has stiffened up my suspension and I am not hearing the ungodly 'thud' now .
Someone had doubts about the buffer sizes and their locations.The two bigger "rings" go to the rear and the smaller ones go to the front.
They advise to place it in the middle, but I have placed it almost a heliptic circle above the middle (both front and read ) to give the springs more play. It is quite good and and it has not given me any trouble till date, touchwood.
careind is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 12:55   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdSpeaks View Post
Hi. Have you used these ?
Request you to please share your feedback.

Experienced folks, please comment/help a newbie.
Sorry for the late response buddy. You went through the entire experience. It is not ideal but I have learnt to live with the stiff suspension to avoid the pain of underbody scraping, can't bear that sinking feeling. Over period of time you get used to it and it is safer on undulating roads at high speed.

Apart from expensive suspension overhaul, I don't think there is a better solution to this problem at the moment that I know of.
Meer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 19:41   #638

Should I install coil spring shock buffers? Looks like a dumb mod to me!
Petrolhead_97 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 10:42   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrolhead_97 View Post
Should I install coil spring shock buffers? Looks like a dumb mod to me!
It is definitely not a enthusiast option, more of a practical and cost effective one, with its set of compromises. If you want to prevent scraping and bottoming out of the car, then it works and it has been working for me since the last 8 years. The ride becomes stiff as you are limiting the suspension travel, so it is your choice, what is the priority. The other option seems to be going for aftermarket suspension from Koni, Bilstein etc., which will cost lot of money!
Old 3rd March 2022, 16:22   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by nax04 View Post
Came across a new product -- Car stabilizer pro recently.

Hoping this will it add more life to the stock suspension.
Any thoughts about it?

Note : My 90% of the drives are on highways only.
Hello nax04,
Kindly share your experience on this product if you had fixed it.

Feedback from any users of this product would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Old 4th March 2022, 13:45   #641
BHPian

Hi pearli737

I backed out of this as a friend of mine was not happy when he used it in his Honda Jazz.

Sharing his feedback.,

Pros
Within city limits, it helps in avoiding underbody scrapping when the car is fully loaded (upto 30% to 40%)

Cons
Cornering stability decreases drastically on highways
Life span of the coil springs / suspension setup is a question mark
Old 29th August 2022, 21:55   #642

Honda Civic Suspension Re-Do

I have a

Honda Civic

2009 and its time to re-do my

suspension

. The stock suspension set up is too low and scrapes at these monsters that BMC calls speed breakers. Would like to do a custom job which raises the suspension. If we can raise the GC to 165 like in the new City that would be great as well. Would like some leads from members on what to do and if possible suggest FNG's in Mumbai that do it.
Dbhs747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 22:53   #643
BHPian

Hi guys.

I have a Slavia and the ride Quality feels stiffer than what I expected.

Should i consider rogerab? Or it would stiffen up the ride?

I believe it works better with soft suspension like in Civic etc. where it would decrease the high speed bounciness. But my concern is low speed plushness.

Pl let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Old 27th November 2023, 17:07   #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Its useless for SUV's. It only provides ground clearance so you dont need it on your Scorpio. I am using Rogerab on my XUV and haven't found time to remove them.
I find the suspension of my XUV500 (2014) to be rather hard. Does the Rogerab help to soften the ride?

I've had the suspension checked a number of times but all have pronounced it ok. I've even had the shockers replaced, but no effect. Pune roads are terrible and the XUV seems to hit all the potholes rather hard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 00:54   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
Hi guys.

I have a Slavia and the ride Quality feels stiffer than what I expected.

Should i consider rogerab? Or it would stiffen up the ride?

Thanks in advance.
Rogerab will stiffen the ride and can mess up in other ways.
Slavia's suspension is very good! its one of the best in its segments. Maybe your tyre pressure is a little high, check it at a trusted place (petrol pumps are badly calibrated, sometime off by 5-10 PSI).

If your tyre pressure is correct, then you can try decreasing it to 32 or 30 PSI. Tyres are an integral part of cars suspension and reducing it by 1-2 PSI makes a big difference to plushness of the car.

Last edited by speedracer05 : 3rd December 2023 at 00:56.
speedracer05 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks