Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2017, 14:24   #571
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Hello,

I have Scorpio which is just 1 year old. Scorpio acts like a ship over speed breakers and uneven surface. Lots of body roll also. Has anyone used ROGERAB in Scorpio ??
Old 9th August 2017, 14:37   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
Hello,

I have Scorpio which is just 1 year old. Scorpio acts like a ship over speed breakers and uneven surface. Lots of body roll also. Has anyone used ROGERAB in Scorpio ??
Its useless for SUV's. It only provides ground clearance so you dont need it on your Scorpio. I am using Rogerab on my XUV and haven't found time to remove them.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 14:46   #573
BHPian

Rogerab - I too would like to do that on my Civic. How is the performance ? Should I go for 2 pairs or just one pair for the rear. What is your suggestion based on your experience. At this moment, the price is Rs. 6580 for 2 pairs. Please assist. Thanks.

Swami
Old 24th November 2017, 18:35   #574
BHPian

I have a Scorpio and as pointed out in the thread does not have a great ride while on humps in bangsalore roads . Can this issue be resolved using this spacer ?
Old 24th November 2017, 21:28   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Rogerab - I too would like to do that on my Civic. How is the performance ? Should I go for 2 pairs or just one pair for the rear. What is your suggestion based on your experience. At this moment, the price is Rs. 6580 for 2 pairs. Please assist. Thanks.

Swami

Have been using the Rogerab on my i20 for almost 1.5 years. Suspension play is less and the noisy suspension is now more silent than ever, plus it stiffens the suspension by 10% or so. Hated i20 suspension but now it's near to perfect
Old 25th November 2017, 09:21   #576
Senior - BHPian

I have been using them for over six years. No degradation, so no need to replace.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 19:21   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have been using them for over six years. No degradation, so no need to replace.
Hello Sir,
Please can you confirm , does it provide a plush drive feeling and also does it really keeps the potholes and bumpy surfaces jerks away?

I stay in Hyderabad , is there any other similar product with good quality at half the prize of Rogerab?
My Bolt top end has got springs only in the front, so I might need just two of them instead of 4. Isn't it sir?

Last edited by Rama Naveen : 26th November 2017 at 19:23.
Old 27th November 2017, 10:41   #578
Senior - BHPian

@Rama_Naveen; I bought mine much before RogerAb came into the frame. They are PU spacers from a local vendor in I think Pune. I think he may be referred to near the top of the thread.
Old 27th November 2017, 18:09   #579
Senior - BHPian

My 2017 City has a very noisy suspension at low speeds. Will a coil spring adjuster help in reducing the same ?
Old 27th November 2017, 18:13   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
My 2017 City has a very noisy suspension at low speeds. Will a coil spring adjuster help in reducing the same ?
Must be the tire pressure, get it checked once. AFAIK there's no way the spring adjuster will reduce the road noise.
Old 27th November 2017, 18:51   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Must be the tire pressure, get it checked once. AFAIK there's no way the spring adjuster will reduce the road noise.
Pressure I maintain is 30/28 since I upsized to 195s. Manufacturer recommended is 32/30. So I donot think it is the tyre pressure however I will reduce it further and check. At higher speeds it is pretty muted.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 27th November 2017 at 18:52.
Old 28th November 2017, 19:13   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
I have a PU spacer in my Civic (rear only). Works, very well. We have had it for five plus years.
Old 9th December 2017, 00:08   #583
BHPian

Just installed Rogerab spacers for my Honda City I-vtec 2009.
I've been having issues with the car's ride quality since quite a long time:
- Soft front suspension made the underbody scrape at moderate sized speed breakers.
- Sudden turns caused too much spring compression on either side of the front end
- Too much suspension noise and harshness while going over sharp edges and potholes
- Very soft and badly damped rear end. Even with luggage and just one person at the back, the suspension bottomed out on undulations at highway speeds, rebounded, continued oscillating for a few repetitions. This was very unsettling while taking corners and felt like the rear end would break loose at any time. (Shocks are still in good condition)

I decided I had enough and started looking at things that could be done to mitigate these issues. On doing some research, I discovered this thread and I'm glad I did!

I contacted the guys at Rogerab and found out that they have a workshop opposite Pawan Hans airport in Vile Parle, Mumbai and they told me that their B (for the front) and B+ (for the rear) variants would be applicable for my car.

I fixed up an appointment, drove to their workshop and got the Rogerabs installed on all four sides. I paid a total of Rs. 7600, all inclusive with installation.

I've driven the car for over 50km across all types of terrain and speeds, and I think I'm now in a good enough position to provide initial first impressions:

-Ride height increased by 2-3cm at the front and rear
-Reduced suspension travel + increased ride height while crossing speed breakers at low speeds means no more scraping
-There is now a sort of maturity through which it tackles potholes and bumps. Suspension noise is reduced and harshness is filed down.
-Increased ride height at the rear+added stiffness means the suspension doesn't bottom out anymore on undulations at similar speeds and load conditions. High speed handling is less nervous.
-Quick direction changes induce less body roll at the front

So, all in all, I'm quite happy with this mod! I am in no way advocating that installing these would transform any car into a Duster. But if your suspension is starting to show age or is not very well tuned in the first place, get these! It's the best you can do to your car without spending on new coilovers!
KaranP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 11:41   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2 View Post
I went ahead I installed this product in my car. Have driven 200 kms after that, (some off-roading too) and could appreciate enhanced GC and comfort on uneven roads. Now my car does not bottom out much, even cornering has reduced a bit while turning at higher speed.

I will keep you all posted with experience after covering few thousand KM's more.
Sir
Would like to know your experience with Rutugas spacers in coil springs.
I am thinking of installing it in my Honda City 2010 model.
I have been quoted a price of 7500 for a set of 4 stiffeners including fitting.
Would appreciate your views on it
Old 9th December 2017, 19:10   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
I received my Roger Abs yesterday noon and got them installed in the evening. My ride is a 2011 Hyundai i20 petrol. The height in the front wheels increased by about 2.5 cm and the back wheels by about 1.2 cm. I was interested more in ride quality over bumps and not so much about height increase. So I was happy with what was achieved.

After that I got my wheel alignment done today morning and then drove around for about 30 kilometers. And I definitely feel it much better over bumps. At least haven't heard the heart-rending thuds. Didn't find any loss in handling compared to before. Overall I am happy.

In Pune, Roger Motors has contracted the fitting work to Hemang Shah and he does a great job at it.
Can I please have the address of Mr Hemang Shah in Pune

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks