Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2016, 18:10   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Got the Rogerab urethane cushion buffer for my 2009 Civic 2 days back. Got 2 pairs - front and rear. I would pen down the experience once I accumulate more miles post-install.

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-o_20161125_172509.jpg

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-o_20161125_172449.jpg

An interesting demonstration

And here is a test in lab on extreme compression and wear and tear

Last edited by iTNerd : 27th November 2016 at 18:18.
iTNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 10:11   #557
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

I put the coil buffers in my xylo after overhauling the full suspension setup front and back . I think it has dampened the swaying and roll but I think the otherwise pliant suspension has got a slight sharp edge now in terms of vertical judder while going over say a roughly brushed concrete road . The ride is a bit stiffer now I feel ... good or bad I can't make up my mind yet . Maybe after the new suspension settles down it may behave a bit differently . Size C for front and size D for rear.
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:53   #558
BHPian

First impressions after installing Ivtec Rogerab on City:

1. Car ride seems to be more taut on the straight line.
2. Stiffened suspension a notch compared to earlier.
3. Slight undulations on the road surface seems to soak up, less vibrations passed inside the cabin.
4. Landing on speed breaker seems better when approached with same speed. Does not mean you can go over bumps faster, feel the thud inside.
5. Deeper potholes and edgy undulations like paver block and concrete edge or flyover edges between concrete are felt with slight thud as before.

My reasons for going for Rogerab:
1. Not scrape over speed breakers.
2. Improvement from bouncier ride quality.

It has been just a day, will update more as get used to it more.
mkpiyengar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 18:47   #559
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried the TTC suspension "dampers" as mentioned in the post below by ITNerd?

They were on display at the Motor Show at MMRDA grounds, BKC today. In fact, it was the only car accessory on display at the show (which I found a to be a total waste of time and money).
Cost however is almost double that of the Rogerabs - though (of course) the guy selling them claims they are far superior.

Regards,
SS
Old 8th April 2017, 00:36   #560
BHPian

Hello GTO,

Please help me understand if getting Rogerab fitted in my new Ford Aspire Titanium Deisel would be of any benefit?
Every three to four months my wifey and I make some impromptu trip (to a new untouched hilly area) and I usually end up driving on unknown highways with Extremely Bad roads with almost No Roads sometimes.
I had seen a post on Teambhp where a couple had been to Leh/Ladakh on an Aspire with Rogerabs on it. He praised and mentioned that it really helped.
Still want your opinion first to make sure I don't waste my money and may be end up sacrificing on some suspension parts. Also, would it really void the warranty? You think? Should I get it just for front or for rear too?

They have quoted about 6k for a pair (front) of Rogerabs.

Cheers !

Dev-Gun

Last edited by Dev-Gun : 8th April 2017 at 00:58.
Old 8th April 2017, 01:57   #561
BHPian

Apologies, the pricing is for 4 pieces and not 2. Finally, should I get it fitted just in front or all four of them?

Thanks in advance. ��
Old 8th April 2017, 12:31   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
Hello GTO,

Please help me understand if getting Rogerab fitted in my new Ford Aspire Titanium Deisel would be of any benefit?
Every three to four months my wifey and I make some impromptu trip (to a new untouched hilly area) and I usually end up driving on unknown highways with Extremely Bad roads with almost No Roads sometimes.
I had seen a post on Teambhp where a couple had been to Leh/Ladakh on an Aspire with Rogerabs on it. He praised and mentioned that it really helped.
Still want your opinion first to make sure I don't waste my money and may be end up sacrificing on some suspension parts. Also, would it really void the warranty? You think? Should I get it just for front or for rear too?

They have quoted about 6k for a pair (front) of Rogerabs.

Cheers !

Dev-Gun
These coils will only help raise your car, so don't expect any improvement in ride quality even though you don't need it as its a FORD) Otherwise, I would suggest add them if and only if you want ground clearance.

As for warranty thing, you can add them before going for a trip and if you think it might affect your warranty, then simply remove them before taking the car for servicing.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd June 2021 at 07:10. Reason: Typo
Old 11th April 2017, 09:20   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
These coils will only help raise your car, so dont expect any improvement in ride quality ( even though you dont need it as its a FORD) Otherwise i would suggest add them if and only if you want ground clearance.

As for warranty thing, you can add them before going for a trip and if you think it might effect your warranty, then simply remove them before taking the car for servicing.
I beg to differ. It DID make a big difference to my new Honda Amaze's ride quality apart from raising the ground clearance. Especially when going over very rough roads.
vipinendran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 13:19   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
I beg to differ. It DID make a big difference to my new Honda Amaze's ride quality apart from raising the ground clearance. Especially when going over very rough roads.
Please read below. I said Not needed since you own FORD. Ford is known for their stiff suspension hence no need to add these. For Honda it can work since they have very soft ride. But definitely not Ford.
Old 12th April 2017, 09:00   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Please read below. I said Not needed since you own FORD. Ford is known for their stiff suspension hence no need to add these. For Honda it can work since they have very soft ride. But definitely not Ford.
Once again I would like to mention here that it has made a big difference in ride quality to my cousin who installed it on his ford ecosport automatic. I have personally driven it on many family trips and Wondering how the logic of Ford's stiffer suspension across all their vehicles didn't apply here?
Old 13th April 2017, 16:31   #566
BHPian

Hello Fellow Members,

I have gone through this post for last half an hour. I did not notice anyone has mentioned getting them installed for VW Polo (Pardon me, if someone has posted and I did not find it, since I dint go through in very detail)

Recently I visited tyreplus, Nashik for rotation of tyres on my Polo. And sales representative recommended me these spacers for all 4 wheels. Then I see GTO suggested not to get them for all 4 coil springs and as well as car with good stock suspension do not need them. I have polo highline diesel since 4 months and have clocked around 4000 kms (Although I have not been to very bad roads) and never faced any problem with suspension and ride quality. But I have certainly done under construction nasik-pune (NH50) many times.

So all experts here could you please guide me whether to go for them or not? apart from I am also worried about violation of warranty terms?http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Please.gif

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th April 2017, 17:59   #567
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKohl123 View Post
I have polo highline diesel since 4 months and have clocked around 4000 kms (Although I have not been to very bad roads) and never faced any problem with suspension and ride quality. But I have certainly done under construction nasik-pune (NH50) many times.
You answered your own question. Why fix something that isn't broken? The Polo doesn't need this after-market mod. Only cars with a lousy rear end (Civic, Verna etc.) benefit from it.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 22:54   #568
BHPian

Hey Karan,
Saw this too in Amazon and general reviews are good. I was about to order the Autorunners from Darryl but noted this Genting one has air pockets that you can use zip lock to secure it well against the suspension. Not sure if that is actually required but a sense of security none the less.
Did your friend buy this and try in the Civic? I planned to install it only at the rear as suggested by everyone here. Planned to buy from Darryl or this one, not yet decided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hello guys,

A friend recently bought a pre-owned Civic & was looking at installing this;

Attachment 1512691

^ This product also happens to be on our TEAM-BHP Classified section: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...n-Buffer.html/

Anyone purchased this product ? Any reviews here ?

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 17th April 2017 at 22:56.
Old 20th April 2017, 12:32   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Hey Karan,
Saw this too in Amazon and general reviews are good. I was about to order the Autorunners from Darryl but noted this Genting one has air pockets that you can use zip lock to secure it well against the suspension. Not sure if that is actually required but a sense of security none the less.
Did your friend buy this and try in the Civic? I planned to install it only at the rear as suggested by everyone here. Planned to buy from Darryl or this one, not yet decided.
You can buy from Rogermotors too. I have one from them, very quick service and they even refunded me install money. Below is there link.

http://rogermotors.com/product/rogerab/
Old 2nd July 2017, 18:18   #570
BHPian

Is this recommended for Honda Civic 2010 even if you upsize Tyre to 205/65?
0and1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks