Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 13:17   #541
BHPian

Re: XUV Rogerab

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Vipinendran. How are the rogerabs holding up? I plan to buy this for my Quanto.. Worth it?
Hi my friend deep_bang, any updates? Did you fit them on your Quanto?
Old 7th July 2016, 11:45   #542
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

I went through 30% of this thread in a random order and it has left me with some confusion about the Autorunner coil spring adjusters, because when I spoke to Darryl, he suggested that I should go for 1.5" for both Front and Rear.

GTO seems to have a different opinion, where he suggests 1" and only for the rear suspension. Can someone please help me with the best options for my Honda City (2011)?

Also, please note that I have recently upgraded the car's tyres to 195/60/R15; Yokohama Earth 1.
Old 7th July 2016, 17:44   #543
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
NO. I would say stay away from it as it does not do much to XUV. It only increases the height which XUV doesn't require. These things are meant for Cars with low GC. I am planning to take them off and gift it to my friend who owns Honda city and take his blessing instead
I also agree with your findings. I did around 2000 Kms with the spacers installed and noticed no difference in handling.
There was rubbing noise from the spacer and the springs which was annoying too.
I asked the provider "Car Smoother" to install them on our i10 Grand.
Surprisingly it is helping me going over the speed breakers and bad roads.
Not at all recommended for XUV500
Old 11th July 2016, 18:24   #544
BHPian

Friends,
Today it happened to see an ad listed in our very own classifieds section for a similar product branded 'Genting'. Its priced almost half the price of Rogerab ones. Anyone has prior experience with this brand? I checked in Amazon.in and the product got some decent feedback too.

Last edited by kablu : 11th July 2016 at 18:25. Reason: typo
Old 15th August 2016, 19:31   #545
PVS
BHPian

Rogerab For Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There's a more reputed brand for the spacers:

http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/s...15223-cat.html

They seem to work and not really a jugaad. They just reduce the compression on one turn of the coils.
Spent the past one hour reading thru this thread, and finally bit the bullet and ordered rogerab for Wagon-R: http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/m...39022-cat.html

Cost Rs 4583. Keeping my fingers crossed. Delivery should happen in around 8 days. Free installation assistance as per the website.
I will keep the thread updated once I receive them and install them.
Goosebumps.. Trepidation..
Old 15th August 2016, 22:03   #546
BHPian

I'm not sure if this has been already stated in this thread, but I thought I should mention this.

The coil spring spacers that go between the coils may not be good for long term. They can have detrimental effects on the coil springs, and subsequently other suspension components.

Bent coil springs from long term usage of such spacers, is quite common, among international users. I think this can result in safety issues too, with coil springs breaking, or popping out of the car in case of bent coil springs. Happened with old gen BMWs, even when the cars were not being driven, but parked.
Old 16th August 2016, 12:27   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish_K View Post
I also agree with your findings. I did around 2000 Kms with the spacers installed and noticed no difference in handling.
There was rubbing noise from the spacer and the springs which was annoying too.
I asked the provider "Car Smoother" to install them on our i10 Grand.
Surprisingly it is helping me going over the speed breakers and bad roads.
Not at all recommended for XUV500

Agree, even i feel the same, i have been driving from around 5k kms with Rogarab spacers. No noticeable benefit, planning to remove for my XUV.
Old 20th August 2016, 22:35   #548
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I fit them and today we went on some lousy roads up on Nandi Hills. Also there are some horrible speed bumps on my daily commute.
In all honesty there is a big difference in taking these bumps with these Rogerabs on.
So Im keeping them on.
Anyway I do about 600Kms per month, no more. And I don't drive very fast either except when I have a nice surface and a good highway with less traffic, in front of me. Even then, I rarely go more than 110-120kmph.
Hi Shankar Balan - how has been your experience with rogerabs so far? I got them installed on my Wagon R, and will be evaluating the difference in ride over the next few days.
Old 20th August 2016, 22:40   #549
PVS
BHPian

Re: Rogerab For Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Spent the past one hour reading thru this thread, and finally bit the bullet and ordered rogerab for Wagon-R: http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/m...39022-cat.html

Cost Rs 4583. Keeping my fingers crossed. Delivery should happen in around 8 days. Free installation assistance as per the website.
I will keep the thread updated once I receive them and install them.
Goosebumps.. Trepidation..
Received the pack from Rogerabs and got the spacers installed at the front and rear shock absorbers today. Installation process is free, although it took a while, as the boxes have bad been wrongly marked, and the installer was trying to fit the rear roger abs into the front suspension.

The cars ground clearance has increased a bit, though I dont have any comments as far as the ride quality is concerned. Need to drive around for a couple of days with load, over bumpy roads and speed breakers to observe the difference.

So far a satisfying experience, and the Rogerabs Customer Car department is responsive and will assist you with installation.
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 22:45   #550
BHPian

I received my Roger Abs yesterday noon and got them installed in the evening. My ride is a 2011 Hyundai i20 petrol. The height in the front wheels increased by about 2.5 cm and the back wheels by about 1.2 cm. I was interested more in ride quality over bumps and not so much about height increase. So I was happy with what was achieved.

After that I got my wheel alignment done today morning and then drove around for about 30 kilometers. And I definitely feel it much better over bumps. At least haven't heard the heart-rending thuds. Didn't find any loss in handling compared to before. Overall I am happy.

In Pune, Roger Motors has contracted the fitting work to Hemang Shah and he does a great job at it.
Old 21st September 2016, 23:30   #551
BHPian

Hi, can these modulators be useful in reducing the roll and bobbing effect in Mahindra xylo. A flatter ride would really help the cause as soft suspension , softer seats and rocking seat mechanisms create a 7D like experience. Anybody ?
Old 22nd September 2016, 12:09   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Vipinendran. How are the rogerabs holding up? I plan to buy this for my Quanto.. Worth it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Quanto is a changed vehicle
deep_bang & vipinendran - how are your rides performing with rogerab? Thinking about getting this for my TUV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
Bent coil springs from long term usage of such spacers, is quite common, among international users.
Can you post links to few such cases?

Found this interesting post on amazon.in Genting coil q&a section
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-screenshot-20160922-120309.png

I think rogerab, indisuspension and many other coil spring buffers are made using urethane or similar plastics. Not sure if the seller's reply is technically valid? Any experts here who can validate?
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 21:27   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
deep_bang & vipinendran - how are your rides performing with rogerab? Thinking about getting this for my TUV.
I have not yet installed this. Sorry.
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:18   #554
BHPian

[quote=procrj;4061817]deep_bang & vipinendran - how are your rides performing with rogerab? Thinking about getting this for my TUV.

It is been nearly a year since I had installed Rogerab in my two year old Quanto, 1 year old Amaze and 6 year old i10. It is one of the best decisions I took. The improvement in ride quality and braking has been remarkable in the Quanto and Amaze. The Quanto's swaying also reduced to a considerable extent and only when I drove my cousin's Quanto without the Rogerab a few months back I realized how much my Quanto has benefited by installing it. For my Amaze it has been a revelation. The monstrous speed breakers near my house were taken with great ease without any belly scraping as before. I must add that the difference was not as pronounced in wife's i10.

My 2 cent worth suggestion is you could definitely consider fitting it in your TUV.
vipinendran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 22:50   #555
BHPian

Hi vipinendran,
Thanks your experience with quanto is encouraging me to try it in the Xylo. The softly sprung Xylo wth higher G.c. Has that typical sway lurch roll and then more motion which anybody who has used that generation of mahindra suv /muv would know. The rocking spongy seats make it worse.
Otherwise I simply love the vehicle . This contraption would provide adequate damping the XYLO ride give it more flattened ride I hope.. Thanks ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks