Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2016, 14:21   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
- The steering is 10% lighter (a good thing since I'm running 205 wheels)
--------
- Definite increase in braking distance (at least 10-15%)
I couldn't understand the logic of these 2 statements.
Installing the spacers in rear will make the rear suspension stiffer and the load transfer to front should increase obviously ==> Higher steering effort. Also during braking the load transfer is always to the front and I couldn't relate the logic of increased braking distance. Can someone explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
How true is the above
IMO it is his feeling and not the fact.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 17:20   #527
Senior - BHPian

So finally i got these fixed in my XUV. Rightnow cant say much about it effectiveness.Sometimes it looks like its working and there is less swaying. Will have to run for some KMs more before can say for sure. One thing is for sure. They increase height no doubt. Just look at the pick below, you see the space. Now i guess i can fit 22 inch alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1459684158133.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1459684178004.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1459684194172.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1459684208862.jpg  

Last edited by nitinralli : 3rd April 2016 at 17:45.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 09:16   #528
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

The CNG installation on my Civic has left a nasty droopy look at the rear more so with 3 passengers in the rear. The car looked miserable with 3 onboard and I just hated it. I had Autorunners had the back they improved it a bit but the droopy look remained.

Devabhai from Chembur provided a solution for same and installed a set of Pads at the rear. Cost of pads a mere 850 bucks for the pair and labor 600 bucks. I have attached the before and after pics along with the pics of the pad and bill details incase someone is interested.

Got the alignment done after the pads were installed. In the city handling seems fine as I rarely take fast corners etc. It’s too early to say if they cause wear and tear of tyres as I had them for only 300 kms or so. Will report back if I notice any issue.

Before
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-11_before.jpg

After
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-12after_resize.jpg

The installed Pad
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-pad.jpg

Bill details and shop name from where Devabhai sourced the pad.
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-bill_pad_civic_rear.jpg

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 10th April 2016 at 09:18.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 11:41   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The CNG installation on my Civic has left a nasty droopy look at the rear more so with 3 passengers in the rear. The car looked miserable with 3 onboard and I just hated it. I had Autorunners had the back they improved it a bit but the droopy look remained.

Devabhai from Chembur provided a solution for same and installed a set of Pads at the rear. Cost of pads a mere 850 bucks for the pair and labor 600 bucks. I have attached the before and after pics along with the pics of the pad and bill details incase someone is interested.

Got the alignment done after the pads were installed. In the city handling seems fine as I rarely take fast corners etc. It's too early to say if they cause wear and tear of tyres as I had them for only 300 kms or so. Will report back if I notice any issue.

Before
Attachment 1495288

After
Attachment 1495289

The installed Pad
Attachment 1495291

Bill details and shop name from where Devabhai sourced the pad.
Attachment 1495290
This is very interesting, although from the picture I couldn't tell the difference; they just looked like thinner Autorunners.

Do you have a picture of just the pads, so we can get a better sense?
Old 10th April 2016, 13:45   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
This is very interesting, although from the picture I couldn't tell the difference; they just looked like thinner Autorunners.

Do you have a picture of just the pads, so we can get a better sense?
I was not able to mark it well but the pads are the triangular part at the top and not the autorunner. You can see the faint outline i have marked. Click on pic for better view. I was not around when the pads were brought for instsllation so dont have separate pics. Sorry for that.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 10th April 2016 at 13:48.
Old 10th April 2016, 15:08   #531
BHPian

Thanks. Yes, I did spot the outline; presumably, these don't coil around like the Autorunners.

So, in general, are these supposed to be a substitute or a supplement for the Autorunners? Do they come with different thicknesses too? And, if you could tell is the make and model of this part, folks who have similar needs could ask their parts shop about it and decide for themselves.

Also, please let us know how the highway behaviour is with these installed.

Overall, this is very cool and seems to be yet another option for the Civic's soft posterior. Thanks for the lead.
Old 10th April 2016, 16:50   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys, please DON'T fit these devices on cars that have an excellent stock suspension. It's only for cars that are too soft - example, the Civic & Verna.
I fit them and today we went on some lousy roads up on Nandi Hills. Also there are some horrible speed bumps on my daily commute.
In all honesty there is a big difference in taking these bumps with these Rogerabs on.
So Im keeping them on.
Anyway I do about 600Kms per month, no more. And I don't drive very fast either except when I have a nice surface and a good highway with less traffic, in front of me. Even then, I rarely go more than 110-120kmph.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 18:54   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolvenk View Post
Thanks. Yes, I did spot the outline; presumably, these don't coil around like the Autorunners.

So, in general, are these supposed to be a substitute or a supplement for the Autorunners? Do they come with different thicknesses too? And, if you could tell is the make and model of this part, folks who have similar needs could ask their parts shop about it and decide for themselves.

Also, please let us know how the highway behaviour is with these installed.

Overall, this is very cool and seems to be yet another option for the Civic's soft posterior. Thanks for the lead.
My mechanic calls them as spacers but the parts shop billed them as coil spring pads hence i posted the bill so people know what to ask the spares part shop. I am not really sure if they come in different sizes but since the ride height has increased i believe they will come in stock size and a larger size. I drove the car close to the ton mark and found it behaved the same way it did before the mod. Also the Autorunner is not needed for this mod i just left it on.

Edit. Attaching a pic. Notice the rubber thing on top of the spring. That was replaced.

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-tmp_2812720160325_1131361905099136.jpg

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 10th April 2016 at 19:11.
Old 30th April 2016, 01:29   #534
BHPian

Re: XUV Rogerab

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Went ahead with the Rogerab purchase for my Mahindra Quanto last week and what a difference it has made to my little giant. Wondering why Mahindra does not use it as OE for the quanto. The sideways movement has reduced by 80% and the ride is less bumpy with the road undulations not reaching the dashboard. My quanto is 3+ years and Rogerab for all four wheels has made a big difference in terms of ride quality improvement. Why didn't I think of this earlier?
Vipinendran. How are the rogerabs holding up? I plan to buy this for my Quanto.. Worth it?
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:48   #535
BHPian

Re: XUV Rogerab

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Vipinendran. How are the rogerabs holding up? I plan to buy this for my Quanto.. Worth it?
Deep_bang, they are holding up extremely well. Nearly 5000km after I fitted them, Quanto is a changed vehicle. Recently drove my friend's Quanto and only then I truly realized how much my vehicle's handling and dynamics have improved in comparison! Worth every pie I paid for it.
Old 21st May 2016, 20:07   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
So finally i got these fixed in my XUV. Rightnow cant say much about it effectiveness.Sometimes it looks like its working and there is less swaying. Will have to run for some KMs more before can say for sure. One thing is for sure. They increase height no doubt. Just look at the pick below, you see the space. Now i guess i can fit 22 inch alloys
@nitinralli - How's the rogerabs performing on the XUV? Would you recommend it ?
Old 22nd May 2016, 09:10   #537
Senior - BHPian

Well this time when going on SH22A from Palwal to Tappal, a tractorable road (sections now) at best, I did not bottom even once. Earlier the stretch without the Autorunners was a nightmare. Yes, it was Tractorable right through then.
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:38   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADAS View Post
@nitinralli - How's the rogerabs performing on the XUV? Would you recommend it ?
NO. I would say stay away from it as it does not do much to XUV. It only increases the height which XUV doesn't require. These things are meant for Cars with low GC. I am planning to take them off and gift it to my friend who owns Honda city and take his blessing instead
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:43   #539
BHPian

I have installed Rogerabs on my Ecosport, and it has just been a week. The stock suspension on Ecosport was already a stiff one and this has increased the stiffness by say about 10%. On the positive side, the sudden bottoming of suspension on high speed pothole encounter has vanished and their is no "Thud Thud" voice left. Also, the high speed stability has increased by 10-20% and this has resulted in some real good handling dynamics. I read a fellow members comment about increased body roll, but trust me I didn't find that issue in my car. Will update more after my Trip to Rakcham this weekend.

Braking efficiency seems to be unaffected, although can't comment on that. Will update you all on that to after this trip.

Regards,
BB
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 20:33   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello guys,

A friend recently bought a pre-owned Civic & was looking at installing this;

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-screen-shot-20160531-8.31.30-pm.png

^ This product also happens to be on our TEAM-BHP Classified section: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...n-Buffer.html/

Anyone purchased this product ? Any reviews here ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks