Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 12:09   #511
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

How much extra tyre wear from using coil spring adjusters? I read somewhere that it will result in 5% to 10% extra tyre wear.

Any comments on this aspect?

I am thinking of installing them on my Swift Dzire. The car bottoms out on big speed breakers on full load (3 adults on the rear seat and luggage).

Thank you,

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 8th March 2016 at 12:13.
Old 9th March 2016, 15:15   #512
BHPian

I just spoke to Darryl for Autorunners for my '07 Civic. He was quite helpful but suggests I should get all four done as setting up only the rear will make the front end too nose down & prone to scraping on Mumbai roads. He also said getting all four will help reduce body roll.
I originally was only considering setting up the rear but I'd love to eliminate some body roll too.
Anyone has any suggestions?
Old 9th March 2016, 15:29   #513
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

i had used coil spring assistors of Rogeorab on my Palio. Not only did handling go for a toss i lost on ride quality and emergency braking. I would rate is as a waste of money
Attached Thumbnails
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-20150807_124110.jpg  

Nimish anthony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 00:40   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
I just spoke to Darryl for Autorunners for my '07 Civic. He was quite helpful but suggests I should get all four done as setting up only the rear will make the front end too nose down & prone to scraping on Mumbai roads. He also said getting all four will help reduce body roll.
I originally was only considering setting up the rear but I'd love to eliminate some body roll too.
Anyone has any suggestions?
Follow up question - can anyone confirm the stock ground clearance for the pre facelift Civic? My research seems to indicate 155mm. I believe the newer version is 170mm. Just trying to gauge how close this mod will bring the older setup to that of the post '09 model.
Old 10th March 2016, 13:46   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@nitinralli; May I ask what were the damages. Looking forward to your report.
Sir, one set for XUV is for rs2973. I haven't add them till now as i didn't get time, will try to get it done this weekend and will report back here.
Old 15th March 2016, 14:55   #516
BHPian

Folks who have installed rear autorunners on their Civic in 2011, 2012 and 2013:

How have they held up? Over the long term, has the reduction in scraping by speed breakers persisted? Has it affected the life of the suspension and/or handling, especially a year or two down the line? Any other lessons?

I have an '08 Civic, which does occasionally scrape Bangalore's (in)famous speed breakers, especially on full load, so I am considering just the 1-inch rear autorunners.

Any advice is much appreciated.
Old 15th March 2016, 15:13   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
i had used coil spring assistors of Rogeorab on my Palio. Not only did handling go for a toss i lost on ride quality and emergency braking. I would rate is as a waste of money
Fortunately, my experience of Rogerabs on my civic has been fantastic.
Maybe the results differ from car to car.
I think they have a return policy. Did you try to return them?

Rgds

Last edited by VineetG : 15th March 2016 at 15:14.
VineetG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 15:19   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
Fortunately, my experience of Rogerabs on my civic has been fantastic.
Maybe the results differ from car to car.
I think they have a return policy. Did you try to return them?

Rgds
I just fitted them in my Yeti along with the new set of tyres. It has certainly resulted in far better ride over the Bangalore Speed Bumps and broken roads. The Yeti's suspension and ride, which was already very comfortable, is now feeling quite like a Duster, whose suspension can pretty much handle anything you throw at it!
Attached Thumbnails
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_3717.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_3718.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_3711.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 15:27   #519
Senior - BHPian

I think I installed around 2012 and they are doing great. But then I have done only 23,000km since 2010 when I bought the car. There are both time, and usage which are parameters in degradation.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 16:50   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think I installed around 2012 and they are doing great. But then I have done only 23,000km since 2010 when I bought the car. There are both time, and usage which are parameters in degradation.
Thank you sgiitk. How would you suggest its performance feedback in relation to load displacement and during violent compression when hitting potholes in high speed ?

Are we doubly sure that the addition of this in coil will not cause distortion due to reduced compression limit ?

Just curious. Need for my car's rear coils.
Old 16th March 2016, 09:53   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Thank you sgiitk. How would you suggest its performance feedback in relation to load displacement and during violent compression when hitting potholes in high speed ?

Are we doubly sure that the addition of this in coil will not cause distortion due to reduced compression limit ?
Let me say, I have scraped the bottom only once (or maybe twice) since I installed the spacers.
Zilch, you barely notice them in normal driving.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 13:50   #522
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just spoke to Darryl for Autorunners for my '07 Civic. He was quite helpful but suggests I should get all four done as setting up only the rear will make the front end too nose down & prone to scraping on Mumbai roads.
Rubbish. Just get them at the rear. The front is sharp; it's the rear that sags under load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish anthony View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I just fitted them in my Yeti along with the new set of tyres.
Guys, please DON'T fit these devices on cars that have an excellent stock suspension. It's only for cars that are too soft - example, the Civic & Verna.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 16:43   #523
BHPian

So I finally had the B2s setup on the rear. Started off at the top but found the setup way too stiff & bouncy.
Have taken them down a couple of turns and now I'm much happier. Darryl was quite helpful on the phone in making this change. Personally I've felt a LOT of difference in my car's ride & personality after running these for about a month (including a Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai run).
What I like:
- Super vfm fix for increased GC
- The car doesn't just sit (thud thud) on even the most pedestrian humps & potholes anymore
- That swaying boat-like feeling of the rear is gone
- The steering is 10% lighter (a good thing since I'm running 205 wheels)
What I don't like:
- Definite increase in braking distance (at least 10-15%)
- A slightly bouncier ride when the car is not too loaded

I'll probably stick with the Autorunners for a while & the only reason I'd consider removing them is if I frequently run into situations where braking feels compromised.
Old 31st March 2016, 17:48   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I don't like:
- Definite increase in braking distance (at least 10-15%)
Is this your feeling ? How can you prove this ?

A question to others who have installed this. How true is the above ? As per me everything is same, the brakes, the load, the car so how can the braking distance increase ?

I have recently installed Rogerabs on all sides of CIVIC and I am yet to put on some serious kms on them, but curious to know the validity of above statement !

Last edited by black12rr : 31st March 2016 at 17:50.
Old 2nd April 2016, 11:47   #525
BHPian

I'll try to describe it. The grip of the brake pads on the discs seem to be marginally reduced so with the same pressure while braking the car seems to travel that 10% extra distance. Cant really prove it, nor am I going to run tests to do the same - just sharing my experience. My Civic is an AT by the way, in case that makes any difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks