Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 23:40   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
am just curious - will one of these things reduce my Indica V2's tendency to lean on corners and dive during braking?
Dont remember the Ikon complaining
Old 14th February 2016, 10:05   #497
BHPian

Hi folks, is there a difference between rogerab product and the other spacers mentioned in this thread? Just wantsd to understand this in comparison to the high difference in their prices.
Old 14th February 2016, 11:27   #498
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
Hi folks, is there a difference between rogerab product and the other spacers mentioned in this thread? Just wantsd to understand this in comparison to the high difference in their prices.
Others are essentially hard neoprene rubber, Rogerabs claim to somewhat more sophisticated. I am quite happy with the Neoprene ones.
Old 28th February 2016, 10:42   #499
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV Rogerab

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Please suggest for following 2 accessories

(1) Has anybody used Rogerab for XUV 5OO. if yes, is it worth as per their website and do you find it useful.

http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/x...11-84352398086
Bought Rogerab for Xuv500 for Rear suspension last week and installed it yesterday.

I havent driven with full load yet, here are my initial observations.

1. Its not just for increasing ground clearance. There is already enough ground clearane for XUV and i am unable to find any increase in GC after installing.

2. We know that the high speed ride is good for this SUV , but it only gets bad when we drive on normal state highways, where the vehicle has constant body float/ pitching/ sideways movement whatever is called and that causes some uneasiness for the passengers. This has been REDUCED after the install , say about 50% . the ride is more plaint now. I dont think , the springs were made stiff. I think its behaving almost like progressive springs.

Will update more after driving for few thousand kms. Planning to install on the front too. Yet to test the bottoming out on full load.

The reason why rogerab guys was not selling for front springs was that , the XUV front springs are bigger such that the kit was not fitting 100% tight and that is causing some noise from the front while going through speed breakers. But , they told me to try it out if i am interested and return back , if i am not satisfied with it.

Overall, i must say that this is a good addition for the XUV .
Costed Rs. 2973 . Shipped through FEDEX COD.

Last edited by undead : 28th February 2016 at 10:43.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 17:08   #500
BHPian

I have a 2012 Hyundai i20 and i am fed up with the soft suspension which makes the car highly unpredictable while doing triple digits on the highway. Can i get this setup to achieve a more balanced drive?
Old 1st March 2016, 11:33   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Bought Rogerab for Xuv500 for Rear suspension last week and installed it yesterday.

1. Its not just for increasing ground clearance. There is already enough ground clearane for XUV and i am unable to find any increase in GC after installing.

2. We know that the high speed ride is good for this SUV , but it only gets bad when we drive on normal state highways, where the vehicle has constant body float/ pitching/ sideways movement whatever is called and that causes some uneasiness for the passengers. This has been REDUCED after the install , say about 50% . the ride is more plaint now. I dont think , the springs were made stiff. I think its behaving almost like progressive springs.

Will update more after driving for few thousand kms. Planning to install on the front too. Yet to test the bottoming out on full load.
Went ahead with the Rogerab purchase for my Mahindra Quanto last week and what a difference it has made to my little giant. Wondering why Mahindra does not use it as OE for the quanto. The sideways movement has reduced by 80% and the ride is less bumpy with the road undulations not reaching the dashboard. My quanto is 3+ years and Rogerab for all four wheels has made a big difference in terms of ride quality improvement. Why didn't I think of this earlier?
vipinendran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 12:50   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Went ahead with the Rogerab purchase for my Mahindra Quanto last week and what a difference it has made to my little giant. Wondering why Mahindra does not use it as OE for the quanto. The sideways movement has reduced by 80% and the ride is less bumpy with the road undulations not reaching the dashboard. My quanto is 3+ years and Rogerab for all four wheels has made a big difference in terms of ride quality improvement. Why didn't I think of this earlier?
You are right. I too thought the same of not installing this much earlier. And i am yet to install for the front. Definitely a good solution for the body float / sideways movement. May be Teins are not needed afterall. And i dont seem to find any disadvantage yet. May be more tire wear? But worth it for sure.

May be we should start a separate thread for this Rogerab.

Last edited by undead : 1st March 2016 at 12:52.
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:50   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinendran View Post
Quote:

The reason why rogerab guys was not selling for front springs was that , the XUV front springs are bigger such that the kit was not fitting 100% tight and that is causing some noise from the front while going through speed breakers. But , they told me to try it out if i am interested and return back , if i am not satisfied with it.

Overall, i must say that this is a good addition for the XUV .
Costed Rs. 2973 . Shipped through FEDEX COD.
I am also planning to add these after reading your positive comments. Mine is 4 1/2 years old XUV and they need some stability in this mid life

Who did the fitment? Did they do it or you had to get it done on your own?
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:08   #504
BHPian

I installed Rogerabs in my Civic 3 months ago. I must say, i am fully satisfied.
90% of belly scrapes have been eliminated.
Ride height is up by more than 0.5 in atleast, and suspension feels stiffer/tighter.

Earlier, the front end used to dive after a speed breaker or into a pothole, not anymore. Its so much better.

That's my experience.

Rgds
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:42   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I am also planning to add these after reading your positive comments. Mine is 4 1/2 years old XUV and they need some stability in this mid life

Who did the fitment? Did they do it or you had to get it done on your own?
Buy it. He is selling for rear only. Drove 200kms including 50kms ghat road section, ladies from rear gave positive comments already. Going to buy for front too and will provide review for that too.
Don't expect a drastic improvement, sideways movement is reduced - that boat feeling, big bumps or potholes impact transfered to cabin reduced a bit.
Order online in their website, will ship them through fedex. Take it to a friendly garage nearby who was got equipment to lift the vehicle and he can do it in 5 to 10 mins. Instructions given. No need to remove suspension.
I was about to change the springs to Teins from Redrooster, but out of stock and i have decided to not to go for it as of now.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:28   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buy it. He is selling for rear only. Drove 200kms including 50kms ghat road section, ladies from rear gave positive comments already. Going to buy for front too and will provide review for that too.
Don't expect a drastic improvement, sideways movement is reduced - that boat feeling, big bumps or potholes impact transfered to cabin reduced a bit.
Order online in their website, will ship them through fedex. Take it to a friendly garage nearby who was got equipment to lift the vehicle and he can do it in 5 to 10 mins. Instructions given. No need to remove suspension.
I was about to change the springs to Teins from Redrooster, but out of stock and i have decided to not to go for it as of now.
Sorry one more thing. Since you added it in rear so does it effects only the rear passengers or even the driver feels the effects? Reason being i only drive my xuv 90% of the time so dont want something that only rear passengers can enjoy
Old 3rd March 2016, 14:03   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Sorry one more thing. Since you added it in rear so does it effects only the rear passengers or even the driver feels the effects? Reason being i only drive my xuv 90% of the time so dont want something that only rear passengers can enjoy
You can feel it while driving also. That's why i am planning to buy for the front too to get better ride for front too. Also planning for dampers modification.
Old 7th March 2016, 13:51   #508
BHPian

Quote:
You can feel it while driving also. That's why i am planning to buy for the front too to get better ride for front too. Also planning for dampers modification.
Go ahead and buy it for the front too, it makes a whale of a difference, In fact for my quanto I had it only for the rear for a week and then added for the front too. Recently went on a 100km drive the first long one after fitting Rogerab, and I found the braking much better and the vehicle taking the same melted tar undulations on the highway with a great deal of poise. Left wondering if it is the same car.
vipinendran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 14:20   #509
Senior - BHPian

Just got my roger for rear springs. Will put them this weak and will update how it goes. Heres the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1457340569148.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1457340589290.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1457340602480.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-1457340618810.jpg  

nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 11:51   #510
Senior - BHPian

@nitinralli; May I ask what were the damages. Looking forward to your report.

Most Viewed