Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 17:16   #481
Team-BHP Support

Re: Increasing Ground Clearance of Honda Amaze by 55mm ~ 70mm using this.. Possible?

These just seem to be simple spacers. Yes it will increase the clearance. And yes your handling and stability will go for a toss.
Old 5th August 2015, 18:40   #482
BANNED

Re: Increasing Ground Clearance of Honda Amaze by 55mm ~ 70mm using this.. Possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
If I use this.. will the car still bottom out?

IMO, this resembles yesteryear's jugaad on M800 wherein it was a mod to get the height increased from rear.
Best is to go slower over speed breakers or potholes. Why install these and spoil the driving experience and safety (read stability).

Best is to avoid such jugaad's.
Old 5th August 2015, 18:47   #483
Senior - BHPian

This would affect the weight distribution in an extreme manner, shifting it towards the front even more. The brake bias is set to its preset values by the manufacturer keeping in mind the recommended parameters (max recommended weight in the front and rear, luggage, etc) prescribed in your owner's manual. Shifting the weight towards the front could cause locking of rear brakes due to lack of weight on the rear wheels.
Old 5th August 2015, 22:09   #484
Team-BHP Support

There's a more reputed brand for the spacers:

http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/s...15223-cat.html

They seem to work and not really a jugaad. They just reduce the compression on one turn of the coils. This will stop the suspension from bottoming out and under full load, the car won't sag as much.

GTO even had these on his Civic and it reduced the bottoming. Check his thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...uspension.html (Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?)

Member ACM has installed it on his ECosport which has a stiff suspension but it bottoms out very easily on sharp bumps.

Just upsize the tyres to one size higher profile and install these. Ground clearance will not be a problem.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 11:35   #485
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Best to speak to the manufacturer
------------
Hi GTO, I have 2007 Honda Civic AT, I was going through the posts, I also want to correct the soft suspension issues of my Civic since on daily basis my civic underbody gets hurt.
I have come across "high density eurothane material" rubberise/transparent type on ebay.
There the following sizes are mentioned, I would seek your help on what shall be the right sizes for Civic Front and Rear
"
TYPE A IF: LESS THEN 5 CM / 2.85 Inches. & GREATER THEN Type B Size.

TYPE B IF: LESS THEN 3.8 CM / 1.5 INCH & GREATER THEN TYPE C Size.

TYPE C IF: LESS THEN 2.7 CM / 1.1 INCH & GREATER THEN TYPE D Size.

TYPE D IF: LESS THEN 2.2 CM / 0.8 INCH & GREATER THEN TYPE E Size.

TYPE E (smallest) IF : LESS THEN / EQUAL TO: 1.6 CM / 0.7 INCH
"
Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 13:51   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There's a more reputed brand for the spacers:

http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/s...15223-cat.html

They seem to work and not really a jugaad. They just reduce the compression on one turn of the coils. This will stop the suspension from bottoming out and under full load, the car won't sag as much.

One Question: Do we need to raise the car on a jack and then measure the gap between the coil springs or shall we measure the gap in the coil springs when the car is with it's body weight load?

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2015 at 15:52. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 4th October 2015, 17:30   #487
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/D-Typ...2_73_74_75,0_0

which size to use for Civic?
Old 5th October 2015, 10:10   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
These just seem to be simple spacers. Yes it will increase the clearance. And yes your handling and stability will go for a toss.
Sorry, these are supposed to be 'stiffeners' and should have no role in raising the suspension. The idea is that when the suspension is being compressed (say negotiating a bump or pothole) then the rubber bumpers reduce the excursion.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:23   #489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Hi guys,

Was searching the internet on increasing my Honda Amaze's GC. Came across this product at one of the websites. This is on offer of Rs. 2500/-. Is it worth? Attaching pics for your kind reference.

Personally, I dont think that kind of amount is justified for (mere) 2 Rubber (?) joints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Sorry, these are supposed to be 'stiffeners' and should have no role in raising the suspension. The idea is that when the suspension is being compressed (say negotiating a bump or pothole) then the rubber bumpers reduce the excursion.
Please see the quoted post above. They are very much spacers.

I'm not talking about the coil spring adjusters.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 10:27   #490
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

The thread is about the spacer for stiffening. I have them in my Civic from near new, and the increase in GC is definitely under 10mm.
Old 6th November 2015, 15:10   #491
BHPian

I recently installed product from Indisuspension.com in my Civic. My civic has CNG kit so the problem of ground clearance was very much there. Almost 2.5 years back I had installed autorunner's in the rear. After doing almost 35k with them I thought of changing them, that's when this product idea came to me. Let me be upfront that it was not that Autorunner's went bad or were not performing but I wanted to to try something else and these urethane thing seems to be better than the rubber ones.

This time I got the full set to be installed both in front and the rear. It has made a nice difference in the overall ground clearance of the car and also the suspension seems to be behaving differently. The rear ground clearance is almost the same as it was with Autorunner but now with front also being added it helps further. The suspension also seems to absorb much more than the earlier setup.
After the install I had done one Mumbai-Pune expresway trip and I loved it totally.The car was well planted . No bounces while going through rough patches and even the twist and turns were much better to negotiate.

Though the product is much costlier than Autorunner but I'm happy with the outcome. So I'll say a money well invested.

I got this online from their website and there is an Team-Bhp discount available. For that you can speak to them. The product is made in Korea and imported by them.

Last edited by saurabhkum : 6th November 2015 at 15:25. Reason: Wrong detail
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 12:39   #492
Senior - BHPian

I already have the coil over 1" inch autorunner at my Civic's rear but i have found the rear to be sagging a bit. I had changed my car's front shocks last year and these are a little stiff and the car stands taller at the front accentuating the droopiness at the rear. Will changing shocks at the rear negate the effect of sagging at the rear ? I understand ride height is affected by springs rather shocks so as a alternative will a larger autorunner at the rear help?
Old 24th November 2015, 09:37   #493
BHPian

Hello Experts,

I am thinking of installing Spring coil buffer on my Honda Jazz X (2011 model). Came across product available on Snapdeal.com(Manufacturer - Rutugas)
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/rutu...pe/65037907375

I would like to know if the product from Rutugas is good. Also which Type will fit in Jazz.

Fellow BHPians, please let me know reviews if anyone has installed Rutu Spring coil buffer.
Old 14th December 2015, 21:06   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach2 View Post
Hello Experts,

I am thinking of installing Spring coil buffer on my Honda Jazz X (2011 model). Came across product available on Snapdeal.com(Manufacturer - Rutugas)
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/rutu...pe/65037907375

I would like to know if the product from Rutugas is good. Also which Type will fit in Jazz.

Fellow BHPians, please let me know reviews if anyone has installed Rutu Spring coil buffer.
I went ahead I installed this product in my car. Have driven 200 kms after that, (some off-roading too) and could appreciate enhanced GC and comfort on uneven roads. Now my car does not bottom out much, even cornering has reduced a bit while turning at higher speed.

I will keep you all posted with experience after covering few thousand KM's more.
Old 28th January 2016, 22:27   #495
Senior - BHPian

am just curious - will one of these things reduce my Indica V2's tendency to lean on corners and dive during braking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks