Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2014, 19:52   #451
BHPian

Re: VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
For the auto-runner check with Darryl in Bombay. His number is +91 98 21 047448
I got them fitted for my 2010 Civic at the rear for around INR 3000.00 (don't remember the exact amount) on 13th August,2013. No issues under load since.

Cheers
Thanks for the info. I am going for replacing the rear springs of 2014 Verna which is said to be stiffer & then I will go for spring assisters for all four springs. I was inclined to use spring assisters for the front springs only, but as understood, those can not be used only for front springs. The choice is either all four or only the rear ones. Since Verna's front suspension is also lousy,I think I will be better off with spring assisters rather than replacing the front springs too. They should definitely help increasing the ground clearance more than new springs. Am I right in my approach ?

Any idea, by how much the ground clearance will increase after installing all four spring assisters?

Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 01:10   #452
Senior - BHPian

Re: VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Thanks for the info. I am going for replacing the rear springs of 2014 Verna which is said to be stiffer & then I will go for spring assisters for all four springs. I was inclined to use spring assisters for the front springs only, but as understood, those can not be used only for front springs. The choice is either all four or only the rear ones. Since Verna's front suspension is also lousy,I think I will be better off with spring assisters rather than replacing the front springs too. They should definitely help increasing the ground clearance more than new springs. Am I right in my approach ?
Any idea, by how much the ground clearance will increase after installing all four spring assisters?
Thanks
Chitta, no idea how much the ground clearance will increase. I would suggest speaking with Darryl regarding the auto-runner, he is helpful and will guide you. You could take a call on how to proceed after that.

Cheers
Old 21st April 2014, 09:50   #453
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

@Cyborg; Do not expect much by way of ground clearance. It settles down to near normal very soon.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:36   #454
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Cyborg; Do not expect much by way of ground clearance. It settles down to near normal very soon.
I agree.
Adding to the above, on a Weak Strut adding these adjusters doesn't make any sense at all, I recently got these adjusters for the front suspension , but this didn't make any difference to the scraping. No increase in ground clearence at all.
My Civic front strut may need a replacement very shortly
Old 9th May 2014, 08:34   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I recently got these adjusters for the front suspension , but this didn't make any difference to the scraping. No increase in ground clearence at all.
My Civic front strut may need a replacement very shortly
With all four assisters installed, the GC increase is very clearly evident both at front & rear. May be you need thicker assisters. Mine at front are B3, though Darryl had suggested to get B4 for front which are still thicker. I have B4s at rear. My HASS could not insert B4 without removing the rear springs. B3s are very easy to insert without removing the springs. Which autorunner-size are you using at front ? Are you are using those at front only ? Darryl had advised to either go for all four or for rear only. In no case, those should be used at front only.

My experience so far has been excellent with these mods. The car feels so better now. After this mod, I do not need tyre upgrade from stock 195 to 205, the size to which many have upgraded.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 10:06   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Cyborg; Do not expect much by way of ground clearance
@Cyborg,
@SGIITK is correct here.

Basically, the difference you will notice is at full load. Will try to explain in simple, crude terms:

The gap between each turn in the coil will compress a little at all times.
More the load, more the compression.
If you add the spacer, ONE gap will be stopped from compressing.
Hence, total compression from all the gaps will be reduced a little by this spacer.
Approximately, this will translate to about 1 cm of more GC than you would get at full load.

I had installed the spacers in my Ikon after the car bottomed out due to lot of load in the car. Things were much better after that. But do not expect miracles - esp GC under normal circumstances.
Old 6th June 2014, 02:50   #457
BHPian

Got these for my civic (Rear only) and for my friend's Verna fluidic (Front + Rear) last weekend and we went for a 500 kms drive which had atleast 50 speed brakers and multiple spots where roads were uneven. Usually both civic and verna used to bottom out in these spots but withthe autorunners, no chance. We tried hard but couldnt bottomout. Both cars were loaded.

Totally worth the money and a very simple fix for the lousy suspension. Never knew a piece of rubber can do wonders
Old 6th June 2014, 10:16   #458
BHPian

I've installed this only on the rear for my Civic and my car has never bottomed out after this. Please note my car has CNG kit installed so there is anyways extra load on the back but still this has worked out well.
One issue which I still face is that suspension is still too soft. My wife sitting on the back seat always complaints that get the suspension job done as she feels that most of the bumps of uneven roads gets transferred on the rear seat. What are the solutions to it? My car has done approx 56k and is running on stock suspension.Are there any after market shocks available to stiffen the suspension? If so then what's the cost involved? Also is it time to get the rear shocks changed? If so then what are the cost associated with it?
Old 1st August 2014, 14:18   #459
BHPian

XUV Rogerab

Please suggest for following 2 accessories

(1) Has anybody used Rogerab for XUV 5OO. if yes, is it worth as per their website and do you find it useful.

http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/x...11-84352398086

(2) DIY TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
Is it useful at that cost for TPMS
http://www.rogermotors.com/safety/di...11-88739270028
Old 1st August 2014, 14:29   #460
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: XUV Rogerab

Rogerab for XUV 5OO??

Do you find the ride on the soft side and want a firmer ride?
If you ask me, XUV already has a pretty stiff suspension and a product like Rogerab would make matters worse.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 14:33   #461
Senior - BHPian

Please refer to the below thread. I guess its similar.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

Cheers,
Raj
Old 1st August 2014, 17:44   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Rogerab for XUV 5OO??

Do you find the ride on the soft side and want a firmer ride?
If you ask me, XUV already has a pretty stiff suspension and a product like Rogerab would make matters worse.

thanks SDP
Was looking for its usefulness in XUV while travelling on treacherous roads like Spiti valley (recently been to and my travelogue is in team bhp) & leh.
Old 29th August 2014, 13:10   #463
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Would the Rogerab suspension "fix" be of any use on an SX4? I have the Zxi which has huge ground clearance. However, as the car is fitted with a full body kit i.e. side skirts, front and rear spoilers etc, the ground clearance has been reduced and does touch on some speedbreakers especially when loaded.

Also, would there be any improvement in ride quality on bad roads?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
SS
Old 24th October 2014, 19:53   #464
BHPian

Got 3 sets of Auto Runners from Darryl. Got delivered yesterday, yes on Diwali at 7 pm .

1st set went into a friends Xylo. Both pairs were B3 (1.5 inches). First two pics are of xylo.

2nd set went into my civic. B3(1.5 inch) for the front and B2 (1 inch) for the rear.

The Bosch service center in whitefield has started keeping the RogersAB product and was versed with the installation. Though for the xylo they struggled for a while initially. Civic was a smooth install in flat 15 min.

As suggested by Darryl kept the spacers split end facing out towards the tyre for the front ones.

For xylo back spacers split end faced towards the headlights.

For Civic back spacers split end towards each other or the opposite tyre.

The first 2 pics are of xylo and the rest 2 for civic.

Haven't driven much but the car's less bumpy and feels planted on the road. Also there is a feeling of gaining some height but maybe just a placebo.

With half the cost of RogersAB, i would recommend to call Darryl and get these delivered.
Attached Thumbnails
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20141024_121924.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20141024_124111.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20141024_130430.jpg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20141024_130754.jpg  

Old 25th October 2014, 11:45   #465
BHPian

Hi, I am planning for adjusters for my i20. Has anyone got it fixed for i20? Could you please give a brief review of it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks