Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 00:06   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I got them from Darryl in Mumbai. I think his contact info is floating around aplenty on this thread.
Thank you but I am unable to locate it, could you please provide me with the contact number
Old 4th November 2013, 09:52   #437
BHPian

Type 3 Innova Suspension Mods - ROGERAB

Hi to all T-Bhp folks.

I have a 2012 Innova ( Type 3 ). Had gone in for it hoping it would be just as comfortable as my uncle's Type 1.

But have found the ride to be quite bumpy in Mumbai City. Went through many threads & posts in T-Bhp to find a solution for it - right from tyre pressure to changing the tyres.

Religiously maintain tyre pressure of 33F & 34R ( as per TKM sticker on door sill for 2 Pax in vehicle ). Changed the air station nearly 5 - 6 times.

Currently running of factory fitted rims & Goodyear tyres. Cant change the tyres as the vehicle is still under warranty & the dealer mentioned that changing the size will void warranty to suspension parts.

This month's Autocar India carries a advert of one M/s. ROGER Motors of Gandhidham, Gujarat. They have unit known as "ROGERAB" - a sort of urethane spacer to be installed between the coil of the spring by winding it in after jacking up the vehicle.

Wanted to know if anyone has tried it to the vehicle - especially Innova & found it to be of any worth.

This is the link to their site :

http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/i...11-30706640275

Wish the valued comments & guidance of all

Thanks.
Old 4th November 2013, 11:19   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya Janvekar View Post
Religiously maintain tyre pressure of 33F & 34R ( as per TKM sticker on door sill for 2 Pax in vehicle ). Changed the air station nearly 5 - 6 times
Hey ameya ,
33 &34 psi tyre pressure is way too high! Do you travel with many people onboard?If not then 31 all round would be fine try this and tell us.

I have a type 2 innova done108000km some time back even my car had become bouncy thought that the rear suspension had gone bust,but found that tyre pressure is the real culprit some one had kept it at 36 all round!:o
Trust me Innova's ride quality highly depends on the tyre pressure.
Old 4th November 2013, 11:49   #439
BHPian

Re: Type 3 Innova Suspension Mods - ROGERAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya Janvekar View Post
This month's Autocar India carries a advert of one M/s. ROGER Motors of Gandhidham, Gujarat. They have unit known as "ROGERAB" - a sort of urethane spacer to be installed between the coil of the spring by winding it in after jacking up the vehicle.

Wanted to know if anyone has tried it to the vehicle - especially Innova & found it to be of any worth.

Thanks.
Innova has pretty sorted out suspension setup. The product you mentioned will stiffen the suspension even more. These spacers are primarily used in very soft suspensions to prevent suspension bottoming out under load. I don't think its needed in Innova unless you overload it. Try with 2psi less air in the each tyre.
Old 4th November 2013, 11:53   #440
BHPian

Moderator note: Post edited, please avoid typing like this..... Also please await moderator approval during the initial period and avoid creating back to back posts. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hey ameya ,
33 &34 psi tyre pressure is way too high! Do you travel with many people onboard?If not then 31 all round would be fine try this and tell us.

I have a type 2 innova done108000km some time back even my car had become bouncy thought that the rear suspension had gone bust,but found that tyre pressure is the real culprit some one had kept it at 36 all round!:o
Trust me Innova's ride quality highly depends on the tyre pressure.

I am not very comfy with the idea of 31psi when TKM says 33, dont trust the stock Goodyears, they dont hold pressure for even a week.

My Safari tyres did & my wife's Indica with MRF does hold.

Also less pressure will mean reduction in GC, i know the difference wont be earth shattering but the approach to my office is a bad. Sorry NO ROAD & the Innova still scrapes the belly with normal pressure & 3 people on onboard.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th November 2013 at 12:40.
Old 4th November 2013, 12:13   #441
Team-BHP Support

Re: Type 3 Innova Suspension Mods - ROGERAB

Use 30psi, 33 and 34 is far too high, especially with the stock rubbish Goodyears.

Also you can change the tyres, they probably won't even notice an upsize. Or you can keep the stock size and get better tyres.
Old 5th November 2013, 09:44   #442
BHPian

Very interesting case, and Akshay is also in, @Akshay do you still have the Innova?

I think the need here is to play with the air pressure, and switch to Nitrogen if you are experiencing variation in the air pressure

Now, if you still experience the vehicle bottoming then you need to adjust the driving

Going for modification on suspension or even the tyre size is not a great option in the long run
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 12:59   #443
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

What are options for Civic's rear suspension. I've already installed auto runner at rear and the car doesn't have ground clearance issue. But i find rear to be a little too bouncy specially when car is loaded. I was thinking of getting some sort of little stiff suspension setup at rear. I don't want to spend too much on this , experts pls advice.
Old 15th February 2014, 14:47   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
What are options for Civic's rear suspension. I've already installed auto runner at rear and the car doesn't have ground clearance issue. But i find rear to be a little too bouncy specially when car is loaded. I was thinking of getting some sort of little stiff suspension setup at rear. I don't want to spend too much on this , experts pls advice.
Red Rooster Performance offers TEIN suspension for the Civic which is very good and proven, but its on the pricier side.
Old 20th February 2014, 16:53   #445

Mechanical Suspension Modulator to avoid chassis / suspension damages

I have recently come across a mechanical suspension modulator. This modulator avoids colliding of chassis or under carriage while going over large speed breakers and deep potholes even in fully loaded condition. More information is available at http://www.rogermotors.com/rogerab/mercedes-c-220-rogerab/p-4545011-99490607269-cat.html. Seems to be a useful product for cars with low ground clearance.

I will be interested in hearing from forum members on their views & experiences (if any) on the performance of this modulator, and its impact on the vehicle performance / warranty

Mod Note: Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word software (MS Word etc.). That results in a formatting error on our Forum.

Click here to know how to remove FONT Tags from your post.

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th February 2014 at 17:14.
Old 20th February 2014, 17:51   #446
BHPian

Re: Mechanical Suspension Modulator to avoid chassis / suspension damages

This is very similar to the coil spring adjusters for the Civic. There's a thread on it by GTO.

Link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html

Regards
ASVA
ASVA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 17:59   #447
BHPian

Re: Mechanical Suspension Modulator to avoid chassis / suspension damages

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskrishnan View Post
This modulator avoids colliding of chassis or under carriage while going over large speed breakers and deep potholes even in fully loaded condition.
This is not a new product, its been there since years. Neither there is any rocket science involved in it. Its just a plastic piece made in cylindrical shape which is stuck there between the suspension springs. Now the portion of the spring doesn't depress from where this plastic piece is stuck, and the force is taken by the rest portion of the spring. Obviously such change in spring's behavior will also bring some side effects with it. The whole force which was taken by the whole spring now transfers to some portions and they wear out faster.

Overall it reduces the spring depression and makes the suspension little bit stiffer. But its not reliable enough to justify the exorbitant price of 8K+.

Better to invest little more and upgrade the suspension instead of using such plastic piece to make your existing suspension wear faster.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 20th February 2014 at 18:01.
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 09:31   #448
BHPian

Re: VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

The 1 inch tall Auto-Runner used on my Civic. The rubber feels very high in quality. Claimed that it can compress to as little as 5 mm when required (under stressful conditions):
Hi GTO,

This can be a very easy solution for old Fluidic Verna cars like that of me. Please advise where from to buy the auto runners & approximate cost. For old Vernas, would it be better to install those in all four coil springs or only in the rear. I feel these are not car specific, as I learn that your's were cut to make it exact fit to the civic. Am I correct?

Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 10:01   #449
Senior - BHPian

Roger's stuff seems to be very similar to the Autoriders I got for my Civic from Darryl. These do appear to be more sophisticated with air pockets, etc.
Old 20th April 2014, 11:21   #450
Senior - BHPian

Re: VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
This can be a very easy solution for old Fluidic Verna cars like that of me. Please advise where from to buy the auto runners & approximate cost. For old Vernas, would it be better to install those in all four coil springs or only in the rear. I feel these are not car specific, as I learn that your's were cut to make it exact fit to the civic. Am I correct?
Thanks
For the auto-runner check with Darryl in Bombay. His number is +91 98 21 047448
I got them fitted for my 2010 Civic at the rear for around INR 3000.00 (don't remember the exact amount) on 13th August,2013. No issues under load since.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks