Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2013, 09:06   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHCP View Post
My Question: Do i get these installed only for rears or front as well??
Do not fix something which is not broken!
Old 18th September 2013, 12:38   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Do not fix something which is not broken!
Hi,
Nothing seems to be broken or damaged.its just the car has lost its ground clearance at rear due to additional weight of cng tank.
Old 18th September 2013, 16:18   #423
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Hi,
Nothing seems to be broken or damaged.its just the car has lost its ground clearance at rear due to additional weight of cng tank.
This what I meant, If the front is Ok then leave it as such!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 16:43   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if this is OT (if so, please excuse)
Isn't adding something between the coils induce excessive stress on the adjacent coils when the springs compress? Also this excessive stress should affect the durability (leave aside the ride & comfort) right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not against fixing the coil spring spacers, just wanted to confirm if the adverse effects were taken into account before deciding this mod job.

thanks in advance
Old 19th September 2013, 09:36   #425
Senior - BHPian

@Mr.Boss; The spacers are quite soft and only come into play if the compression of the coil is extreme, so do not put any significant extra stress.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 23:12   #426
BHPian

Quote:
This what I meant, If the front is Ok then leave it as such!
Got the Autorunners B-3 installed from Automech (for for the rear shocks). The GC has increased by 1 inch or so.would update regarding the effectiveness in couple of days.
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:51   #427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the Autorunners B-3 installed from Automech (for for the rear shocks). The GC has increased by 1 inch or so.would update regarding the effectiveness in couple of days.
1" GC increase at which condition? (Kerb weight condition or with load?)
Can you please share the snap at which location it is fixed (between x & x+1 coil)
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:48   #428
Senior - BHPian

@RHCP; It will settle down and the height increase should not exceed 1/2".
Old 1st October 2013, 15:36   #429

I picked up a pair of "Superior Donut coil spring adjusters" during my last visit to the US in Jan 2013, I was lethargic to install for a few months. But the frequent scraping made up my mind and I got them installed (DIY) for the rear springs in May 2013.

They have been running fine for the last 4/5 months, now my heart doesnt pop out of my mouth everytime i see a speed breaker. Nor the occupants have to pity me after the scraping sound which i used to encounter earlier.

The GC hasnt really increased, but I think the adjuster prevents bottoming out on a full load and also prevents sudden full compression of the spring over a speed breaker. Have done all kinds of roads, loads and speeds since then, i dont find any difference in handling, braking etc.

Thanks GTO and others for providing this information
kishgator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 13:25   #430
BHPian

Can these help in case of the Jazz aswell ? I would be grateful for the advice. Thanks.
Old 7th October 2013, 08:57   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
Can these help in case of the Jazz aswell ? I would be grateful for the advice. Thanks.
As I have stated multiple times it should help on any car with coil springs.
Old 16th October 2013, 09:58   #432
Senior - BHPian

Just did a road trip to Gurgaon. Following Google Maps I exited from the Yamnua E'way at Aligarh and took SH22A to Palwal. Even a tractor may be troubled on this. So much for Haryana roads. No bottoming even once (rear donuts). Then I entered Gurgaon. Here the roads are dug up for the Express Metro (DLF!). I had relaxed and did manage to bottom the front twice.I am now thinking of adding donuts up front.
Old 19th October 2013, 12:23   #433
BHPian

Dear All,

A quick update on my end. Got the spacers front and back (Now removed) installed in my 2009 Hyundai Verna CRDI

My observations -

- There was a significant amount of GC gain after the installation as the front overhang was not scrapping while approaching a ramp in my office parking. However, the spacers take time to settle and suspension behavior improves post 500 kms run.
- Spacers act best when fully loaded, The suspension behaves mature and absorbs the regular undulations better (again only when fully loaded).
- Straight line stability was improved (Loaded or not loaded)
- Cornering was horrible, as the higher GC resulted in excessive body roll.
- Not so stable when driven alone.
- Suspension acts stiff in comparison with stock.

The reason I removed them were -

- I started missing the plush ride quality of my car.
- The overall dynamics of the car were not so confidence inspiring.
- I usually drive alone and as mentioned earlier, the car has to be fully loaded the reap the benefits of spacers.
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:04   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit162 View Post
They would help a y car, just get the right size.

Quote:
Just did a road trip to Gurgaon. Following Google Maps I exited from the Yamnua E'way at Aligarh and took SH22A to Palwal. Even a tractor may be troubled on this. So much for Haryana roads. No bottoming even once (rear donuts). Then I entered Gurgaon. Here the roads are dug up for the Express Metro (DLF!). I had relaxed and did manage to bottom the front twice.I am now thinking of adding donuts up front.
Please share the contact information of the seller sir.
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:54   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Please share the contact information of the seller sir.
I got them from Darryl in Mumbai. I think his contact info is floating around aplenty on this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks