Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2013, 18:03   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyR1der View Post
I recently got them from Darryl and during my conversation with him he told the effect on the car would differ is the springs are facing towards the tire and i need to find my own comfort by moving them around. I was wondering how is with people who already have them.

Note: (I purchased the coil springs for all 4 tires as i very often take a fully laden car out of town ( 4 adults + 1 kid) and luggage)
I have installed the CSA as per Darryl's information and I don't find any difference in handling or change in comfort levels. I am happy with this setup and continue to use the same today.
Old 2nd June 2013, 21:35   #392
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Getting them installed tomorrow in my car. Fellow bhpian Jatin Patel is doing my front and rear shocks and front bushes and strut kits.. The suspension of my Civic is having a major overhaul as we speak.
Old 8th June 2013, 18:59   #393
Senior - BHPian

Coil Spring Adjusters of my Civic is 20,000+ kms and 2+ years old. Do I need to change them ?
Old 9th June 2013, 12:04   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Coil Spring Adjusters of my Civic is 20,000+ kms and 2+ years old. Do I need to change them ?
Had spoken to Darryl sometime back and his recommendations are 50K kms or 5 years whichever is earlier to be on the safe side. Mine has just crossed 10K kms in 1.5yrs and still ride quality is fine.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 18:40   #395
BHPian

I installed them on 5th June and thanks to the feedback on the forum it was a breeze.
I took the car for a drive to Himachal and through a tough and bumpy road, (New Delhi - Shimla - Jalori pass - Mandi - Delhi ) and never once did i faced the problem of bottoming out. That is when we had to travel through the pot filled road of Bilaspur sadar and broken (1st gear) road of Jalori pass . I will write my user experience in detail after a few more Kms. Just wanted a small suggestion, do i need to take them out before giving the car for service ? Has anyone faced the problem of Honda People acting up on seeing this installation.
Old 8th July 2013, 10:11   #396
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A similar product surfaces from another manufacturer.

Indisuspension Buffer : For all cars/suv having coil suspension.

Product Warranty: 1 year
Life span of product : 3-5 years
Product Material : Mix of Polymers
Price for 1 set is 7500 INR. This will cover all four wheels. (1 set = 4 units).

www.indisuspension.com

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-image001.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 10:22   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A similar product surfaces from another manufacturer.

Indisuspension Buffer : For all cars/suv having coil suspension.

Product Warranty: 1 year
Life span of product : 3-5 years
Product Material : Mix of Polymers
Price for 1 set is 7500 INR. This will cover all four wheels. (1 set = 4 units).

www.indisuspension.com

Attachment 1107237
The products are classified into different categories based on the distance between the coils. Should this distance be measured when the coils are compressed or uncompressed?
Old 9th July 2013, 19:00   #398
BHPian

I installed the coil spring adjusters in my 2009 Honda Jazz today. Darryl sent Autorunner B3, which I think is around 1.5 inches thick, higher than what GTO recommended, but it seemed the right size when I inserted it into the fully stretched coil spring. Any feedback on using a thicker adjuster?

For those interested, I did the installation myself. I used the car jack to lift the car, & installed it without removing the wheels. After I measured the coil springs circumference, I cut the adjuster and then inserted it using some soap, it was not easy but not very difficult either.

The GC has increased considerably, maybe 2 cms or so. I have also noticed a significant reduction in bounciness of the rear seats. I'm able to go much faster over speed bumps than earlier & the comfort in the rear seats has improved significantly.

The other problem I was hoping to fix or reduce is the bottoming out at high speeds in wavy roads, will report back after a highway drive.

I plan to going on a long drive (Hyd-Chennai) next month, that will be a good opportunity to test the impact of this mod.

Thanks to GTO & others for this suggestion & detailed instructions.

Last edited by crisscross : 9th July 2013 at 19:10.
crisscross is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 09:38   #399
Senior - BHPian

@crisscross; The GC increase will settle quite a bit in a week or so.If you did not prop the rear when working on inserting the rubber then you took a risk, which I deem to be unsafe.
Old 11th July 2013, 15:48   #400
BHPian

@sgiitk
Sir,
Thanks for the feedback. I thought I was being careful, as the tires were not removed, & ensured that the jack was positioned in a place where the risk of slippage was minimal. Additionally the hand brake was engaged.

Further I did a mental math of - if the jack slipped how much space I would be left with, am quite slim & I was on my back, so I thought I should be ok.

Having said that, I would like to know what I missed, & what I could have done differently?
Old 12th July 2013, 10:44   #401
Senior - BHPian

Basically safety rules worldwide say that do not work under a car without props and not on just a jack.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 23:00   #402
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Basically safety rules worldwide say that do not work under a car without props and not on just a jack.
One of my customers in the US was a big DIY guy and would work on his SUV at home. He had a tragic accident, when the SUV fell on him while he was underneath it and passed away. He was a truly great guy. May god bless his soul.

Last edited by VeyronSuperSprt : 14th July 2013 at 23:02.
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 02:14   #403
BHPian

Last week I purchased a 2009 model pre-worshipped Civic. (32,000 km run)

As I sometimes need to carry 5 passengers and boot full of luggage, am looking at doing this mod.

Can the Civic owners of Bangalore please recommend a few places where I can get this done.
Old 27th July 2013, 07:34   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
Last week I purchased a 2009 model pre-worshipped Civic. (32,000 km run)

As I sometimes need to carry 5 passengers and boot full of luggage, am looking at doing this mod.

Can the Civic owners of Bangalore please recommend a few places where I can get this done.
Contact darrel (his number is on second page). He can ship it to bangalore
Old 28th July 2013, 12:25   #405
BHPian

I've got this installed for my Civic at the rear. I've a doubt, what happens when car goes for service and is lifted in bay ? Will this come out or miss it's position? Any precautions needed ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks