Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:23   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@GetzLover, Before getting installed there, just enquire abt the Labour cost @ A1.
They charge 1000Rs for this SIMPLE job.
It's a 10min job. I got it done for 100Rs from local water service centre, who lifted my car in hydraulic jack, Applied Soapwater & pushed the ASSISTERS to the desired location in the springs.
Fully agree, seeing the installation, I cried to myself, why on earth did I not do it myself. I'm normally a person who does lot of such work myself, but this beat me. I did not know it was this simple - Rs 1000 gone, but a valuable lesson learnt.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:25   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
@GetzLover, Before getting installed there, just enquire abt the Labour cost @ A1.
They charge 1000Rs for this SIMPLE job.
It's a 10min job. I got it done for 100Rs from local water service centre, who lifted my car in hydraulic jack, Applied Soapwater & pushed the ASSISTERS to the desired location in the springs.
Correct, I also paid Rs.100/- to get it done in Gurgaon.
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:34   #228

Dear members, would appreciate if someone could share your view point on installing this for Linea....
1. Whether doing this will solve my problems of scraping the humps?
2. Is it advisable to go for all 4 or only 2? if 2, front/back?
3. Will it have any adverse impact on Linea's handling?
4. Any warranty trouble?
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:28   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetzLover View Post
Dear members, would appreciate if someone could share your view point on installing this for Linea....
1. Whether doing this will solve my problems of scraping the humps?
2. Is it advisable to go for all 4 or only 2? if 2, front/back?
3. Will it have any adverse impact on Linea's handling?
4. Any warranty trouble?
it will not help you in avoiding scrapping. it doesnt raise the height of your car much. on a linea its just the bottom part of engine guard that scraps. you very soon get adjusted to it.

lineas suspension setup i one of the best. it doesnt sag at the rear even if you put 4 people in the rear like the ANHC or civic.

i wouldnt recommend trying anything different on such a beautiful handling car like linea.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 3rd August 2011 at 16:45.
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:33   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Congrats dinu! Another installation where it defies all the collected wisdom on this thread.
My car did have some variation during alignment, will put up the report tomorrow.

Hi,

Where in Bombay do you get these B2 coil spring spacers. What is its cost.
k
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:23   #231

Is this available anywhere in Chennai?
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:19   #232
Senior - BHPian

I may add that during a recent trip to Gwalior (all NH under NHAI incidentally) reported elsewhere I managed to avoid any hard bottoming on some tractorable roads (they cannot be called motorable or even Jeepable) in a post 2009 Civic with no stiffeners. So one can probably survive with careful driving.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 20:48   #233
BHPian

I think I'm going take the plunge and get this installed on my Verna. I'll probably be the first on the forum but if this works, then I'm sure a lot of the new owners will follow suit.

Are these available in Bangalore yet? Or do I have to have it couriered from Daryl?

My ONLY objective from this mod is to prevent the bottom scraping some ridiculously high speed humps even if I literally crawl over it. I hate it that every time I have to brace myself in anticipation and grimace at the horrible scraping sound. This is only on full load though.

@GTO: Do you have any updates? I think I'll stick with the 1" ones but probably install all around rather than just the rear. What are your thoughts?

Also I want to know if its impossible to raise the Verna on those hydraulic lifts? My regular car wash guy doesn't do it because he says it will damage the underbody and perhaps even the exhaust. He says there is nothing the hydraulic lift can attach itself to and that the only way to wash the underside is to drive up the ramp - where the bottom scrapes as well!
Old 24th August 2011, 21:33   #234
BHPian

As I was going through this thread, I found only coil spring discussed. Why not shocks. Bit harder shocks will solve many suspension problem. This may require little R/D. Find harder shocks from different cars.( may require little mounting alteration .).I prefer gas filled.
Old 24th August 2011, 21:39   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.vw View Post
As I was going through this thread, I found only coil spring discussed. Why not shocks. Bit harder shocks will solve many suspension problem. This may require little R/D. Find harder shocks from different cars.( may require little mounting alteration .).I prefer gas filled.
Well the simplest reason is that this is absolute VFM with the least amount of effort and no alterations to the stock frame
Tassem is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 22:16   #236
Senior - BHPian

Over a period of time doesn't the rubber harden or heat up and melt on being 'pounded' continuously by the coil springs?
Old 24th August 2011, 22:25   #237
BHPian

Thanks for reminding me tassem, I was only looking at an alternative to slove the problem.
Old 24th August 2011, 22:57   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra.vw View Post
Thanks for reminding me tassem, I was only looking at an alternative to slove the problem.
There are so many alternatives. But the cost involved is the major deterrent. Performance suspension components are anyday the better option. Koni FSD or Frequency Selective Damping is one of the best out there. Paired with some performance springs you will have a lovely ride. But at what cost?

The adjusters discussed here cost just 4k odd and are completely reversible.

But the options you mentioned are better. However they're expensive, time consuming and amount to serious modification at times.
Old 24th August 2011, 23:54   #239
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
@GTO: Do you have any updates? I think I'll stick with the 1" ones but probably install all around rather than just the rear. What are your thoughts?
No updates is usually a good thing . 5 months up and no issues to report at all. Product working as promised. Did a recent trip to Mahabaleshwar with 5 onboard + luggage + no scraping.

If I were you, I'd start with the rear only. That's where Indian manufacturers usually soften things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Over a period of time doesn't the rubber harden or heat up and melt on being 'pounded' continuously by the coil springs?
It absolutely will. Suggested change is at 50,000 kms, though I doubt they'll last that long. Guess only time will tell. I'm not concerned as the rear set cost me less than a tank of fuel.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 00:01   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No updates is usually a good thing . 5 months up and no issues to report at all. Product working as promised. Did a recent trip to Mahabaleshwar with 5 onboard + luggage + no scraping.

If I were you, I'd start with the rear only. That's where Indian manufacturers usually soften things.
That's reassuring! I guess I'll try the rears first and if need be get the front done later on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks