Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 03:00   #526
Senior - BHPian

re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

I cannot comment on what the problem could be, but I believe that it is not a problem with the diesel injectors. That's because had it been an injector issue, the car would have behaved the same way even without having to drive it 20-30 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Hi All

Reading this post I would like to update one for FIGO niggles.

I am writing this for my friend’s Ford FIGO TDCI,2012 Jan Model. It has ran for 15000 odd kms and after the second service he has reported an issue of performance decline while driving. He was told me that the car was smooth till it was sent for second service and after that he found the issues as follows.

1) Ignition turns off while idling at a traffic signals with clutch depressed.

2) Ignition turns on without any issue after restarting.

3) Juddering while changing gears after driving for 20-30 kms and this does not happened when start in cold. Only happened after few (20-30kms) of driving

4) There is slight tightness in gear while changing.

So raising this concerns he has reported the matter to Kairali Ford,Kollam,Kerala and also to FORD India and upon their investigation they found the ECU shows the following error on PCM inspection.

When they connected the Laptop and ran IDS( i think this is the software FORD uses to diagnose), they found that the injector circuit on cylinder-2 is malfunctioning. So they have reset the PCM(Power-train Control Module) and told him to check again. But even after that issue persist. They had reset the PCM again and the issue still exist according to him.
Do we have any suggestions here to look in. Awaiting your valuable inputs.
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:48   #527
BHPian

re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I cannot comment on what the problem could be, but I believe that it is not a problem with the diesel injectors. That's because had it been an injector issue, the car would have behaved the same way even without having to drive it 20-30 kms.
Thanks Black fire.

What else could be an issue.Any suggestion from fellow mates?
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:02   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When they connected the Laptop and ran IDS( i think this is the software FORD uses to diagnose), they found that the injector circuit on cylinder-2 is malfunctioning. So they have reset the PCM(Power-train Control Module) and told him to check again. But even after that issue persist.

They had reset the PCM again and the issue still exist according to him.

Do we have any suggestions here to look in. Awaiting your valuable inputs.
Nothing but replace the injector / circuit that is malfunctioning

Resetting the PCM is just like killing the boy because he was bit by a mad dog.

Post this on Figo facebook page and also register a complaint with FOrd helpline. They are normally very responsive and helpful.

If this guy can go to tvm kairali ford, ask him to meet Mr.Reji. He is the service engineer there. You could use my reference if needed [Gemi from Haripad]. I'm sure he'll help you out.

Last edited by gemithomas : 3rd November 2012 at 13:07.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:09   #529
Team-BHP Support

They will keep resetting the PCM till your warranty expires. After that you will be told that the injectors are bad and need to be replaced and since you are not covered by warranty please pay xxxxx amount.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:06   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Nothing but replace the injector / circuit that is malfunctioning

Resetting the PCM is just like killing the boy because he was bit by a mad dog.

Post this on Figo facebook page and also register a complaint with FOrd helpline. They are normally very responsive and helpful.

If this guy can go to tvm kairali ford, ask him to meet Mr.Reji. He is the service engineer there. You could use my reference if needed [Gemi from Haripad]. I'm sure he'll help you out.
Thanks Gemi,I will let him know about this and I have told him to reach TVM kairali ford and have a check up.

By the way they have replaced the injector since the matter was already escalated to Ford India.But he is claiming the performance is not still up to the mark.

Anyways thanks for the help and suggestion.
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:10   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They will keep resetting the PCM till your warranty expires. After that you will be told that the injectors are bad and need to be replaced and since you are not covered by warranty please pay xxxxx amount.
They have replaced the failed injector already.But my friend claims the performance is still not the same as before
Old 3rd November 2012, 23:42   #532
Senior - BHPian

If the injectors are replaced. Tell him wait till be drive for some 500km. It might take time for things to settle down. The ECU too would need to relearn.

My tip: If it runs. Let it do. :]
Old 14th November 2012, 22:57   #533
BHPian

My fiesta classic SXi 2011 with 23K on the odo stalled twice in a gap of 500 kms. Took to the car to the service station and got it scanned. No error codes were found. The software was upgraded to version 81.
2nd & 3rd gear pulls nicely after s/w upgrade. Initially there was some hesitation/roughness after 2000 on the tacho. After about 500 kms of running the car pulls easily as well as smoothly.

There is some kind of jerk between 1250 to 1500 RPM, when you pull the car with a little load and with light foot. Anybody having the same behaviour? This was present before s/w upgrade.

I have also observed some weird behaviour. On a slope (not a steep one but a gentle one where the car can just roll by itself) with the car on neutral, hold the brake & let the car settle to the normal RPM (~750 without a/c). Release the brake gently and allow the car to roll. The RPM climbs to over 1000. This is irrespective of a/c switched on off. This was present before s/w upgrade as well.
Old 9th December 2012, 18:36   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
My fiesta classic SXi 2011 with 23K on the odo stalled twice in a gap of 500 kms. Took to the car to the service station and got it scanned. No error codes were found. The software was upgraded to version 81.
2nd & 3rd gear pulls nicely after s/w upgrade.
I too own a 2011 classic SXI, but has run considerably high. Facing similar issues hence landed up in this thread. Did software upgradation resolved the stalling problems?
Old 10th December 2012, 17:00   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Did software upgradation resolved the stalling problems?
The car has not stalled after the s/w upgrade (to version 81 is what the service centre told me) and hence I am assuming it's resolved. I have driven for more than 2K after the upgrade.
I would suggest that get the s/w upgrade done, at least you will enjoy the better pulling capability in 2nd & 3rd gear. Also, after the s/w upgrades were launched, the number of posts on this thread kind of indicates that the problem has been sorted out.
Old 10th December 2012, 21:03   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
The car has not stalled after the s/w upgrade (to version 81 is what the service centre told me) and hence I am assuming it's resolved. I have driven for more than 2K after the upgrade.
I would suggest that get the s/w upgrade done, at least you will enjoy the better pulling capability in 2nd & 3rd gear. Also, after the s/w upgrades were launched, the number of posts on this thread kind of indicates that the problem has been sorted out.
Hi nischaltopno

I have a query here

Can this software upgrade can be done for IKON TDCi as well? If so what' is the cost and procedure for that?

I have a 2009 Ford IKON TDCi and never did any upgrade. I feel some roughness on 2nd and 3rd gear upon acceleration
Old 10th December 2012, 22:21   #537

I must tell you that there is some desperation with Ford cars and their agents. I gave my car for last service under the warranty and found that many parts of the car were replaced. Police registered FIR when the agent and ford company could not deny documentation to show battery is replaced . the ford company refused to give details to verify all other components replaced from the car , like steering suspension brakes, tyros, seats and gears many having date after manufacture of my car. Last 4 years and its is 2 wrongs make it right Judicial policy which is allowing them to come out Scot free.
Old 10th December 2012, 22:49   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Can this software upgrade can be done for IKON TDCi as well? If so what' is the cost and procedure for that?
Hi Bin,
The IKON can also be upgraded with the s/w as well. I think they have the same s/w for both Fiesta & IKON.
The cost should be around Rs.72/- (if I was billed correctly - because I shouldn't have been billed at the first place as my car is still under warranty) and the upgrade should not take more than 15 min.
Procedure - You'll have to take the car to workshop and ask them to upgrade the PCM s/w. Probably you will have to convince them to upgrade the s/w. You can give them stalling as the reason for upgrade.
nischaltopno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 23:41   #539
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if your post is related to this thread, but nevertheless, it seems as though Ford actually replaced parts in your car without letting you know & seeking your consent, though they may have been faulty parts. Am I understanding you correctly?

Also, I would suggest that if your issue is not related to engine stalling (the specific reason that this thread had been created), then you should probably have further discussions on this in the Figo's official review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira D Gomes View Post
I must tell you that there is some desperation with Ford cars and their agents. I gave my car for last service under the warranty and found that many parts of the car were replaced. Police registered FIR when the agent and ford company could not deny documentation to show battery is replaced . the ford company refused to give details to verify all other components replaced from the car , like steering suspension brakes, tyros, seats and gears many having date after manufacture of my car. Last 4 years and its is 2 wrongs make it right Judicial policy which is allowing them to come out Scot free.
Old 11th December 2012, 11:02   #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I am not sure if your post is related to this thread, but nevertheless, it seems as though Ford actually replaced parts in your car without letting you know & seeking your consent, though they may have been faulty parts. Am I understanding you correctly?

Also, I would suggest that if your issue is not related to engine stalling (the specific reason that this thread had been created), then you should probably have further discussions on this in the Figo's official review thread.
My car was 18 months with no problem with car components and did not require to be replaced under the last warranty service done . After the service the car was found erratic and sometimes absolutely out of control with a lot of vibration and also stalling . The expert had explained that the car Rpm was increased and the fuel pump kept at higher setting for adequate fuel supply and this I can say was to cover up for the sound of the whining gears components after doing the substitution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks