Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2012, 20:49   #511
BHPian

re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

I suppose Its the same Stalling issue. Other Indicators lighting up along with the engine check light indicates that the engine is fine. If there might any any fault with the engine, the Engine malfunction light would stay on even after the engine start up and normal driving. When the engine is abruptly stalled, almost all the lights in the Instrument cluster light up with four beeps in the same way when we switch on the ignition.
Old 9th September 2012, 21:10   #512
BHPian

re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

It is possible. But the strange thing is that this is happening when the car is neither being slowed nor the gear is downshifted. The car is moving when suddenly all of a sudden the car stops.
Old 10th September 2012, 20:42   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
It is possible. But the strange thing is that this is happening when the car is neither being slowed nor the gear is downshifted. The car is moving when suddenly all of a sudden the car stops.
It looks like a problem with the fuel delivery system. Do get your fuel pump checked. Alternatively you can try filling up fuel from another pump and see if the problem persists.
Old 10th September 2012, 22:11   #514
BHPian

I gave my car to the workshop. They are saying that they are not able to diagnose the problem as my car is the first car with such a problem. They have called some engineer who will come tomorrow and diagnose the problem.
Old 10th September 2012, 22:37   #515
BHPian

Are they able to replicate the problem? As jayded said, there might be some problem with the fuel supply. Hope its solved soon.
Old 11th September 2012, 12:48   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
It looks like a problem with the fuel delivery system. Do get your fuel pump checked. Alternatively you can try filling up fuel from another pump and see if the problem persists.
Quote:
I gave my car to the workshop. They are saying that they are not able to diagnose the problem as my car is the first car with such a problem. They have called some engineer who will come tomorrow and diagnose the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Are they able to replicate the problem? As jayded said, there might be some problem with the fuel supply. Hope its solved soon.

Hi All,

Even I was facing teh same issue. I raised this during my 20k km service and the service center guy acknowledged this. They said a software update will cure this and yes its cured now. I havent face the issue since. Hope this helps.
itsgeox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 18:17   #517
BHPian

Is there a way to check which version of the software I am currently running, to ensure the software has actually been upgraded?
Old 14th September 2012, 11:19   #518
Senior - BHPian

You can check it at the A.S.S Computer which connects to your OBD port under the steering. The new version should be "GD". "GC" was the old version that used to come on earlier cars is what i know.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 08:33   #519
BHPian

After one and a half year of ownership, my Figo finally showed it's ugly face and today morning, the engine died while downshifting. I was slowing down for a hump and while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd, as the clutch was still depressed, the lights came on. Luckily, the traffic was sparse and it didn't create any problem. As my car is due for the 20K service soon, thought of taking this up with the A.S.S.

Last edited by A350XWB : 25th September 2012 at 08:35.
Old 25th September 2012, 12:19   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
After one and a half year of ownership, my Figo finally showed it's ugly face and today morning, the engine died while downshifting. I was slowing down for a hump and while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd, as the clutch was still depressed, the lights came on. Luckily, the traffic was sparse and it didn't create any problem. As my car is due for the 20K service soon, thought of taking this up with the A.S.S.

Please check my post above. You need a software update. The A.S.S. will happily oblige. Havent encountered the issue after the update. Thanks.
Old 10th October 2012, 20:56   #521
BHPian

I had my ECU upgraded today. In two and half years and 35K running of my Figo, I have faced the stalling twice, first in April this year and then again in sept this year.
As per the few of the posts here, the upgraded version is "GD". But when I asked my SA, he said mine is upgraded to "BE" version. I did not enquire further because the SA didnt seem knowledgeable. When I had asked him about the version initially, he had to ask his mechanic or technician who did the upgradation.
Anyways in the 100 or so kms that I have driven after that, I have not had any problem.
The engine feels wee bit more refined, more smoother(less "tight" feeling). Engine noise is also slightly less. Accelerator pedal also feels lighter. Throttle response also feels better, the car feels more eager to push ahead. The engine holds better in the 4th and 5th gear at lower rpm (800-1000). I dont feel the urgency to shift down.
When I left the service centre, the DTE was at 140, after travelling for about 10kms, the DTE slowly started going up!. It went upto 152 and then slowly came down.
I need to run more to actually confirm whether all that I felt today after the upgraded ECM was real or subjective. Overall I am loving it!
Old 26th October 2012, 23:37   #522
BHPian

Similar issue is occurring in my fiesta Tdci for the past couple of weeks. It happens randomly, but not more than once per trip. Here is what happens,
I have slowed down, in second gear, acclerate, car starts going forward for some distance, then all of a sudden there is a power loss for a second or so, the car gives a noticelable jerk and on applying the accelerator the car starts moving forward, no issues after that.

This always happens in second gear. Once the issue occurred, I tested driving at very low speeds in second gear, no issues, I press accelerator the car moves forward normally.

Today morning, I was on second gear, increasing speed (2k RPM), then all of a sudden the car gave a jerk and for a second or so, there was no power. The engine turned off, and all the lights came on. There was a huge traffic behind me. I immediately, switched off ignition and started the car a couple of time, it didnt start. I swithced on the Emergency light, waited for a few seconds then cranked the engine one more time, it started and rode normally after that.

I don't ride the clutch, put diesel from the same pump for the past 2 years, DTE is 310kms, oil ~2.5 - 3 lts. Is this because of fuel or fuel filter or clutch or is it a fault in the tdci mill?

Last edited by Optimus7 : 26th October 2012 at 23:39.
Old 27th October 2012, 08:09   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus7 View Post
Similar issue is occurring in my fiesta Tdci for the past couple of weeks. It happens randomly, but not more than once per trip. Here is what happens,
I have slowed down, in second gear, acclerate, car starts going forward for some distance, then all of a sudden there is a power loss for a second or so, the car gives a noticelable jerk and on applying the accelerator the car starts moving forward, no issues after that.

This always happens in second gear. Once the issue occurred, I tested driving at very low speeds in second gear, no issues, I press accelerator the car moves forward normally.

Today morning, I was on second gear, increasing speed (2k RPM), then all of a sudden the car gave a jerk and for a second or so, there was no power. The engine turned off, and all the lights came on. There was a huge traffic behind me. I immediately, switched off ignition and started the car a couple of time, it didnt start. I swithced on the Emergency light, waited for a few seconds then cranked the engine one more time, it started and rode normally after that.

I don't ride the clutch, put diesel from the same pump for the past 2 years, DTE is 310kms, oil ~2.5 - 3 lts. Is this because of fuel or fuel filter or clutch or is it a fault in the tdci mill?

Wow i had this problem in my ikon petrol a few months ago. Turns out the Inertia Fuel Switch was gone. I am not really sure if this would apply to diesel. I am real poor with diesels.
Old 1st November 2012, 23:21   #524
BHPian

For the past couple of days, I am facing another issue.
When I start up the car in the morning, its starts as usual, the engine idling is consistent, but then suddenly the engine shuts off.
I am not sure if this issue is related to the earlier one I posted. But once it started it is running as usual.

I have never faced this issue before. Does if warrant a visit to service centre? What might be the issue here?
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:50   #525
BHPian

Hi All

Reading this post I would like to update one for FIGO niggles.

I am writing this for my friend’s Ford FIGO TDCI,2012 Jan Model. It has ran for 15000 odd kms and after the second service he has reported an issue of performance decline while driving. He was told me that the car was smooth till it was sent for second service and after that he found the issues as follows.

1) Ignition turns off while idling at a traffic signals with clutch depressed.

2) Ignition turns on without any issue after restarting.

3) Juddering while changing gears after driving for 20-30 kms and this does not happened when start in cold. Only happened after few (20-30kms) of driving

4) There is slight tightness in gear while changing.

So raising this concerns he has reported the matter to Kairali Ford,Kollam,Kerala and also to FORD India and upon their investigation they found the ECU shows the following error on PCM inspection.

When they connected the Laptop and ran IDS( i think this is the software FORD uses to diagnose), they found that the injector circuit on cylinder-2 is malfunctioning. So they have reset the PCM(Power-train Control Module) and told him to check again. But even after that issue persist. They had reset the PCM again and the issue still exist according to him.
Do we have any suggestions here to look in. Awaiting your valuable inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks