Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 19:09   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
@ blackfire_9 - have you PMed the Figo owners who have faced this issue? Off the top of my head the following members have posted about their stalling problem - vina, Diesel lover, anilisanil, jayded, gemithomas, figo_mba, anachronix' friend and a few more. gemi had taken the initiative to compile a list. Have you PMed him?

@ anilisanil - any update on your situation?

Guys, the manufacturer has come forward to solve the problem. VP Service, Ruchik Shah of Ford India, no less has taken an active interest. This is your chance. Please do act.
maser, thanks a lot for your reply & for urging Bhpians to come forward for this effort.

As per your suggestion, I will try reaching out to all the aforementioned owners through PMs with the hope that we can give Ford some serious stuff to chew on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Few observations :

- The Car dies if you run it in test-mode.

- The Car dies if driven with low fuel more than a couple of times.

- The Car dies if not revved beyond 3K occasionally.

True?

My counter arguments.

- A Car can run on test-mode if it is provided.

- Plan the cut-off fuel supply a bit earlier.

- Does any other manufacturer recommends this?

Please, I am not blaming anyone, I have noticed all this & merely pointing out my observations which might not be true all across. I simply hope Ford is more pro-active & resolves this issue ASAP as on Team-Bhp I have observed this Car not being preferred/spoken for on account of this and I don't blame them.
hi sheel,

My sincere apologies, but somehow I am unable to relate your observations with the counter-arguments. Are you trying to say that the problems exist or they don't? Or, is it that the problems are limited to a small number of Figos?

Secondly, why do you think the car is not preferred or spoken of here on TBHP? Issues can be any where but like you have pointed out, it's alright if the company is proactive to identify & fix such issues, which Ford probably hasn't done.

Drive safe.
Old 28th October 2011, 21:04   #422

re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

When you talk of problem with Ford car, it reminds me of 3 years ago when I detected the Shaman Ford service center had swapped several components of my 18 month old Ford fiesta car during fifth service done 22/8/2008. There was a plethora of evidence and police registered non-cognizable offence . I detected that the battery number was differing on the record in the delivery challan given to us customers,and then I asked the police to register an FIR . But 15 days later the Ford company engineer who came to inspect the car, did not check the music code of music system, with excuse that music code was not known to service center, inspite of the music code seen on label in the glove box of the car. The Ford co. was bullying me to withdraw the complaint in exchange of a new battery, new seats, new music system, and new coolant container with out letting me know, why the suspension , brakes, steering, transmission were defective after the service done during the paid warranty period. 10 months later the Shaman ford dealership was withdrawn, yet Ford co. is not disclosing any details about the car not even the date the car was manufactured, since there are few labels seen on the steering component, suspension component, seats and seat belts with dates after my car was ready and out of the factory . The police are fudging the investigation so the accused persons can come scot free. The accused and police gave misleading information some even frivolous and contradicting, each time the Magistrates sent the case for reinvestigation. I am fighting my case without advocate . 3 years now and Lets sees how long it takes for getting a proper closure in this case.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:08   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira D Gomes View Post
When you talk of problem with Ford car, it reminds me of 3 years ago when I detected the Shaman Ford service center had swapped several components of my 18 month old Ford fiesta car during fifth service done 22/8/2008. There was a plethora of evidence and police registered non-cognizable offence .

I am fighting my case without advocate . 3 years now and Lets sees how long it takes for getting a proper closure in this case.

I think you should post here:

www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/74219-ford-figo-review-price-pictures.html

More people should know that Ford is trying to compete with Skoda in this sort of non sense

Last edited by vina : 28th October 2011 at 22:18.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:14   #424
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira D Gomes View Post
When you talk of problem with Ford car, it reminds me of 3 years ago when I detected the Shaman Ford service center <snip> ... 3 years now and Lets sees how long it takes for getting a proper closure in this case.
Zaira

Please ensure you use the Internet medium to the hilt and publicise this case. In a corrupt world only the fear of a tarnished reputation can remedy the situation or pressurise the manufacturer to take corrective action.

--Ragul
Old 28th October 2011, 22:25   #425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
hi sheel,

My sincere apologies, but somehow I am unable to relate your observations with the counter-arguments. Are you trying to say that the problems exist or they don't? Or, is it that the problems are limited to a small number of Figos?

Secondly, why do you think the car is not preferred or spoken of here on TBHP? Issues can be any where but like you have pointed out, it's alright if the company is proactive to identify & fix such issues, which Ford probably hasn't done.

Drive safe.
Hi!

I am countering the points I made as it simply makes very little sense to avoid it, but then being paranoid helps & I am avoiding (running the Car in test-mode, hitting reserve & pressing the pedal to metal as often as I can).

I am saying the problem exists, but (mostly) on the ones which have run in test-mode, low fuel in tank & a driven a bit sedately.

This is the impression what I have managed to gather by reading various replies. What I am saying is if the problem occurred due to the points I made, it is BS, as the problem (stalling) shouldn't happen on those counts, but what I have observed (might be wrong here) that it happens on the Figo's which have gone through the 3 observations I noticed & mentioned earlier in my post.

Hope you got it now
Old 28th October 2011, 22:42   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I am saying the problem exists, but (mostly) on the ones which have run in test-mode, low fuel in tank & a driven a bit sedately.

This is the impression what I have managed to gather by reading various replies. What I am saying is if the problem occurred due to the points I made, it is BS, as the problem (stalling) shouldn't happen on those counts, but what I have observed (might be wrong here) that it happens on the Figo's which have gone through the 3 observations I noticed & mentioned earlier in my post.

Hope you got it now
A few months ago I suspected the test mode too.

I have never ever tried the "test mode", never drive with less than 100 on the DTE (and always fill full tank), don't drive much (3500km in 6 months) but at least once a week do 3000+ rpm for at least 30 seconds (often more)

I still got the problem out of the blue.

Also many people who have it and who have ever used test mode actually used the test mode after they got the problem in the first place.

I think drawing such parallels should be done with caution (even if you are not blaming or confusing one with the other) simply because Ford may cme back blaming the owners for this.
Old 28th October 2011, 22:47   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I think drawing such parallels should be done with caution (even if you are not blaming or confusing one with the other) simply because Ford may cme back blaming the owners for this.
This is precisely what I am trying to say that if the stalling issue occurred because of the pointers I mentioned, it is not a very good sign from Ford.

And yes, as I mentioned earlier, I am wrong in your case
Old 28th October 2011, 22:53   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I think you should post here:

www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/74219-ford-figo-review-price-pictures.html

More people should know that Ford is trying to compete with Skoda in this sort of non sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Zaira

Please ensure you use the Internet medium to the hilt and publicise this case. In a corrupt world only the fear of a tarnished reputation can remedy the situation or pressurise the manufacturer to take corrective action.

--Ragul
This is an Old incident & Zaira did create a new thread for the same, here is the link to the thread.

Dont trust Shaman Motors in Mumbai - Sold me a used car & stole parts during service!
Old 29th October 2011, 18:50   #429
BHPian

Hello All,

Last time when I had a talk with Mr Avinesh (from Ford Chennai company) on 22 Oct 2011, he told me that he will get back to me after the diwali week is over (i.e. after 30 Oct 2011) since the factory would be closed most of the time due to Diwali and as even till date the engineers haven't found any concrete solution to the problem, so he said to bear with them for some more time. As soon as I hear from him, I'll update this thread.

And it is really good to know that blackfire_9 is pushing the case up with Ford even though he doesn't own a Figo.

Anil, do let us know whenever u get any response from Ford people.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:22   #430

After sending a email to Ford MD, Micheal, i got a few calls from Chennai and cauvery ford in Mangalore. I am taking my Fiesta to check on the problem. Its just not just in Figo i have this problem of engine going dead in my Fiesta too.
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:55   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapai
After sending a email to Ford MD, Micheal, i got a few calls from Chennai and cauvery ford in Mangalore. I am taking my Fiesta to check on the problem. Its just not just in Figo i have this problem of engine going dead in my Fiesta too.
Is it the fiesta classic? Or the fiesta before it was badged classic?
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:21   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post

Anil, do let us know whenever u get any response from Ford people.
Just called the RSM, the part has been dispatched and would reach Pune by this Friday or Saturday.

BTW, I just completed west coast to east coast drive to west coast drive (Pune-VIzag-Pune) and realized that the problem has more probability to occur when you are braking heavily and downshifting to stop/slow down from high speeds. It happened thrice in 2700 KMs of drive.
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:15   #433
BHPian

I never had this issue in my TDCi .On my way to office especially in rainy season there usually be a 1-2km long queue on the road and traffic will be crawling .I used to keep the vehicle in gear (1 or 2) with clutch depressed ,never stalled.
But I have weird sounds coming form the engine for which A.S.C has already replaced many parts.Sound goes off and come. Damn Ford !

Last edited by bullboy : 2nd November 2011 at 15:17.
Old 4th November 2011, 01:20   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
I never had this issue in my TDCi .On my way to office especially in rainy season there usually be a 1-2km long queue on the road and traffic will be crawling .I used to keep the vehicle in gear (1 or 2) with clutch depressed ,never stalled.
But I have weird sounds coming form the engine for which A.S.C has already replaced many parts.Sound goes off and come. Damn Ford !

Can you elaborate waht kind of a sound this one is? I'm new to cars and it is very hard for me to figure whether some sound are normal or indicate trouble.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:07   #435
BHPian

^^
Deatiled on my thread here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nd-engine.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks