Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 21:50   #406
BHPian

re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Two mails to Micheal and the whole Ford customer relations was behind me to get in touch. I was in a conference for four hours and when I checked my mobile I had 12 missed calls and 2 messages stating that they tried to reach me.

Just a few minutes ago, I received a call from our RSM and he informed me that the issue has been identified and they are planning to change the ECU (both hardware and software) on Monday.

Me being me, asked specifically if this was a trial and error. He refused and told me that this is indeed the solution. He however refused to disclose any further information stating that it is company confidential and also that he does not have any more access to any further information as that comes under RnD.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

But whatsoever, I love the way Ford people respond to issues. I am sure this is not the case with most other manufacturers!
Hi Anil,

Can you please share the name of the RSM (with his cell number) who said that 'the issue has been identified and they are planning to change the ECU (both hardware and software) on Monday'

I am also facing this issue and have an appointment with the dealer on Saturday (15 Oct 2011). I would like to share this detail with them as well. If actually Ford people have planned to change the system, then I would like to get it done as well on Saturday.

Thanks.
Old 13th October 2011, 22:27   #407
BHPian

re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

Quote:
Two mails to Micheal and the whole Ford customer relations was behind me to get in touch. I was in a conference for four hours and when I checked my mobile I had 12 missed calls and 2 messages stating that they tried to reach me.

Just a few minutes ago, I received a call from our RSM and he informed me that the issue has been identified and they are planning to change the ECU (both hardware and software) on Monday.

Me being me, asked specifically if this was a trial and error. He refused and told me that this is indeed the solution. He however refused to disclose any further information stating that it is company confidential and also that he does not have any more access to any further information as that comes under RnD.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

But whatsoever, I love the way Ford people respond to issues. I am sure this is not the case with most other manufacturers!

Cool!
Keep us posted about what happens next, which service station you to fix this (Talera/Planet Ford).

It would have been good on Ford's part to have clearly mentioned as to why they are changing it, it would have been confidence boosting. Anyways, even this is a great response
Old 13th October 2011, 23:29   #408
BHPian

oh wow so it seems that I should send a mail to solve my figo's stalling issues. . . .
Old 15th October 2011, 07:41   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

Me being me, asked specifically if this was a trial and error. He refused and told me that this is indeed the solution.
anilisanil, thanks for the update. Hopefully, this ECU swap will solve the problem once and for all.

Also, let us know whether there is any improvement in the performance and/ or NVH of the engine after the swap. I have a feeling you'll be in for a pleasant surprise. Keep us posted.
Old 15th October 2011, 13:48   #410
BHPian

Hi all,

Today's appointment with the dealer was cancelled coz Ford people called me up yesterday and said that they will be sending some specific parts from Chennai to the dealership to change in my car which will arrive in a week or so. Hope to get the stalling issue sorted out after this. Will update after this is done.

Quote:

Anil, please do update what all is actually changed in your car on Monday. Some pics from your end will be really appreciated.
Old 17th October 2011, 13:35   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi all,

Today's appointment with the dealer was cancelled coz Ford people called me up yesterday and said that they will be sending some specific parts from Chennai to the dealership to change in my car which will arrive in a week or so. Hope to get the stalling issue sorted out after this. Will update after this is done.

Anil, please do update what all is actually changed in your car on Monday. Some pics from your end will be really appreciated.

Got a call from the RSM, he told me that the parts (which he confirmed as ECU hardware+ new firmware) would require at least 2 weeks before they arrive in Pune, so we will have to wait, I guess!
Old 17th October 2011, 13:48   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I have experienced the very same thing twice. On both occasions i was changing a gear and the car just died down. Once it was just after taking off from a hump and upshifting after that. The second time i was at a curve and had just changed gear. On both occasions i was running with 1/4 th of the fuel tank and hence dismissed it as something to do with the lower fuel in the tank.

Now seeing that others are experiencing the same. I would surely want to keep an eye on your developments. Do Keep us updated.
I got a Ford Fiesta, just a year old and i have experienced similar problems many times. This was one of the complaint i had mentioned while getting my car serviced. They said all is well as when they took the car for test drive, it was fine. It happened again this morning.
Old 17th October 2011, 14:50   #413
Senior - BHPian

So it was the ECU issue ? eh ?

BTW guys when you visit the service station ask them to check your car VIN in their system whether it requires brake wire / sensor upgrade. Bhagat Ford Chandigarh replaced / added some brake sensor / wire when he went for a service. They said its missing in some cars and it popped up when they entered his car number. Of course they are doing it free of charge but takes around 3-4 hours.
Old 17th October 2011, 20:43   #414
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Just something I should share regarding the Figo.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2548576

Drive safe.
Old 19th October 2011, 12:23   #415
BHPian

This is one of the most well documented threads on a specific issue on a specific car. Having followed this thread so far (as a Ford owner) I think it's time I rate it 5 star and pray that the affected parties get their "hard earned resolution" asap!
Old 19th October 2011, 18:26   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a call from the RSM, he told me that the parts (which he confirmed as ECU hardware+ new firmware) would require at least 2 weeks before they arrive in Pune, so we will have to wait, I guess!
At last a solution to the problem. Figo owners can now breathe a sigh of relief. Ford should take the initiative to fix the problem on all Figo TDCis during scheduled service or at the earliest.
Old 28th October 2011, 09:27   #417
BHPian

Call received from Ford India on 22nd October stating that they are still looking for solutions for this problem. The guy (Mr Avinesh) said that till now they have found this problem in one car only and the engineering deptt of Ford is still probing the cause. Due to Diwali, Ford plant was closed and Mr. Avinesh said that he will get back to me in the coming week. Let's see what's the outcome. I just hope that they come out with a permanent solution soon and relieve all of us from this fatal error present in Figo/Fiesta (read post by Mapai http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2547986) Diesel.
Old 28th October 2011, 09:58   #418
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

I got a call from Mr.Ruchik Shah who happens to be the VP(Service) for Ford India on this past Tuesday.

We had a brief chat about how there are some issues that are common in most Figos right from engine stalling to the headlight fogging & also the steering rack problem in some. I also stressed on the fact that the main bone of contention has been the way Ford representatives especially the SC guys have dealt wih customers.

Ruchik thereby requested me to send across a list of people who are facing issues (any sort) and/or if for some one the customer service has been a point of concern.

Following this, I also had a chat with a Bhpian 'anilisanil' assuming he has also had problems however, it seems Ford has done a decent job with his car & even compensated him in a way that satisfied him. I would request Anil to share & update his experience here on TBHP.

However, whoever is willing to share their problems & contact details, please send me your PMs so that I can forward the details to Ruchik & try to get Ford to pay attention.

Lastly, a feeling that I am harbouring since the past couple of days is that despite taking this initiative with Ford when I am not even a Ford owner, I did not receive any participation from anybody here regarding writing to Ford or a consolidated/combined effort to bring the issues to light & make Ford do something, although it's evident looking at the numerous threads dedicated to Figo that the car has problems & a lot of people are troubled.

I hope, people would come forward & feel motivated to try & make Ford give serious concerns to the problems in their car.

@anil: It would be great if you can update your experience with Ford here on TBHP where they duly compensated you, & I hope that the company can foster similar trust & customer satisfaction elsewhere as well.

Drive safe every one.
Old 28th October 2011, 13:23   #419
Senior - BHPian

@ blackfire_9 - have you PMed the Figo owners who have faced this issue? Off the top of my head the following members have posted about their stalling problem - vina, Diesel lover, anilisanil, jayded, gemithomas, figo_mba, anachronix' friend and a few more. gemi had taken the initiative to compile a list. Have you PMed him?

@ anilisanil - any update on your situation?

Guys, the manufacturer has come forward to solve the problem. VP Service, Ruchik Shah of Ford India, no less has taken an active interest. This is your chance. Please do act.
Old 28th October 2011, 18:06   #420
Team-BHP Support

Please don't crucify me, as I am as perturbed as fellow Bhpians are over this issue. What I am stating below might appear BS to most, but after this thread's inception & me going by statistics have noticed the following.

Few observations :

- The Car dies if you run it in test-mode.

- The Car dies if driven with low fuel more than a couple of times.

- The Car dies if not revved beyond 3K occasionally.

True?

My counter arguments.

- A Car can run on test-mode if it is provided.

- Plan the cut-off fuel supply a bit earlier.

- Does any other manufacturer recommends this?

I have never run the Car on test-mode & I don't ever will. Fill up when the fuel needle shows two mark full. Give it the boot as often as I can, mostly while overtaking.

I had another issue which I had discussed earlier & isn't related to this. It was - Flat out, brake hard, neutral (Car is running), start releasing the clutch & it dies. Has happened twice.

Please, I am not blaming anyone, I have noticed all this & merely pointing out my observations which might not be true all across. I simply hope Ford is more pro-active & resolves this issue ASAP as on Team-Bhp I have observed this Car not being preferred/spoken for on account of this and I don't blame them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks