Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

View Poll Results: Do you feel that a car feels more responsive while driving at night?
Yes, the car definitely feels quicker at night 34 85.00%
No dude, you are imagining things. 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2020, 15:02   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ah, winter time. Engines are feeling better due to cooler air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
... Palio ...During winter nights, it performed as if it got an extra cylinder and turbo boost.
+1. Engine purrs and tempts you accelerate further. Mine is a Palio too (petrol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
...surprisingly my suspension feels much tauter and stiffer or i am getting numb in the cold. Happened last time and this time as well.Hopefully i made sense
In fact, I hear an occasional creak from rear springs during winter. Right now, I am inclined to believe that the colder climate has made the suspension taut and hence the creak (since I have recently replaced the rear shocks, I rule out problems there)

Continuing my earlier experience (10+ years ago) here -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post3864118 (Ah, winter time. Engines are feeling better due to cooler air!)

Had a full day drive last week. Temperature ranged between 18 to 30 during the drive. Morning drive was pleasant. By noon, we were climbing a hill (~18 hairpin bends). By the time we reached the last few bends, the car was pulling well even in third gear in the bends - thanks to the colder air from the hill top? On the return trip - 10 pm or so - the ambient temp had dropped, so much so that AC had to be switched off. And the last half-hour drive was extremely enjoyable, as I could maintain 80 kmph with a light foot. So, cold air definitely helped during the drive.

Yesterday, around midnight, had to ride my bike. There was a definite improvement in the engine note (had come back around 9 pm and had to go out by 11.30 pm) as compared to earlier in the day.

Both - car and bike - are more than 10 years old with 61000+ kms on the odo.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed