Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2006, 16:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Check with Anil of HotTracks. His other setup in Indiranagar BDA complex (next to bus depot) has 3M service. You can also check with Sundaram Motors at Kasturba Road. They also have 3M service.

Cost would be around 4500/-.
3M service for Baleno - Rs 3500 - Hottracks Indira Nagar.
Old 3rd June 2006, 17:41   #17
BHPian

Hi,

I *just* got the 3M underbody treatment done on my Wagon R. For pricing, I asked at both the Maruti dealer who quoted 2000/- and the Maruti Authorized Service Center (MASS) who quoted 1250/- plus tax. There was a 3-year warranty (after a free checkup after 6 months) for both. Anyways, I got the job done from the MASS which is just next door to me.

I looked at the underbody and it it is all black and a bit wet (not fully dry yet). The mechanic there told me that the black color would go away soon, but the anticorrosion property would last. Is that true?

I got the bill and warranty card. Also, what does the warranty actually cover?
Old 4th June 2006, 12:57   #18
BHPian

Good Idea

where in Pune can i find this ?? And do AUTOGLYM offer similar service ?
Old 4th June 2006, 15:12   #19
BHPian

for my baleno lxi i had done the underbody and teflon coating since my baby is black. the underbody treatment is a good thing in my opinio and the body teflon coating is required for black to retain its shine as you know black is the most difficult to maintain color. for these they charged 3200 rs.
Old 7th June 2006, 03:46   #20
BHPian

BING BING !!

guys .. need it badly. where in pune can i get the under-body treatment done ?? and does AUTOGLYM offersimilar services ??
Old 4th August 2006, 16:19   #21
BHPian

Antirust treatment

Hi guys...
Have just bought an Indica V2. The guy in the showroom, during delivery told me that he can organize someone to come over to my place and get the antirust treatment and teflon coating done for my car. The antirust treatment would cost 3k and teflon 3k and a combo would cost 5k. Checked out the cost in the authorized service station - difference is they do not have a combo price. They charge 3500/- for teflon and 3k for antirust.
What i want to know is whether these can be done effectively by a guy coming over or does it actually need to be done at the service station.
Thanks!
Old 4th August 2006, 18:02   #22
BHPian

does teflon and anti rust really work, are are you just willing to shell out the money for something which will be a temporary cosmetic action...!
Old 4th August 2006, 18:38   #23
BHPian

Hi wolfinstein....dont really know if it is really worth the while....
hoping to get some inputs out here from people who might like to share their experiences.
Old 4th August 2006, 19:32   #24
BHPian

the only anti-rust i've heard of is Dinitrol ..
Old 5th August 2006, 21:04   #25
BHPian

well magiceye..Neither do I have Teflon or Anti rust in my lancer..and after 5 years she still rust free and shines as new...! I din't get it done on XETA also since the sales GM told me its all just a temporary thing which will last at the most 6 months and then again you will have to re-coat...as for Anti rust he said....Not something you can't do without..!
My friend got his IKON in 2004 anti rust and teflon coated..and he also swears that it was a waste of money since neither the shine lasted a quarter..that too the treatment was done at the dealer by some Ford Autho Brand..! So IMHO take a rain check with other users and see if you really need that..!
Old 5th August 2006, 22:05   #26
BHPian

Get the paint treatment done by TPC3. I have done it for my Esteem and Baleno and the paint quality has moved up a notch since i have got it done in my car. Add to it, it comes with 3 years warranty where you get a free 6 monthly service which includes a fresh coat of treatment on the body serface. Its well worth it. i guess they charge 3.5k for a hatchback. They charged 4.5k for my car. TPC3 are authorised dealers for products like Valugard,Turtle Wax and Royal Guard which are renowned world over.

IMHO, teflon is an eye-wash, its nothing more than a coat of wax. I have done it in my earlier cars and its just not worth anything. From the time i got my Jan-06 Esteem treated by TPC3, i just swear by their products and professional workmanship. The paint finish improves drastically which lasts real long, gloss goes up big time, tar stains are no longer a mess to deal with. Its just worth it if you ask me.

And they also offer antirust and underbody protection with a 15 year insurance against rust.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Old 5th August 2006, 22:30   #27
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Dupont has a Teflon + Underbody package try that... i dunno why others feel that teflon is useless coz after the teflon + underbody on my car i feel that the color has enhanced and it just needs one wipe/wash and the gloss is amazing. i got 3yrs multiple re-coating for teflon and 5yrs for underbody. i think it was definatly worth it
Old 6th August 2006, 19:46   #28
BHPian

Thank you all so much for all your valuable inputs.
wolfinstein ... the rust prob is acute in the coastal cities like Mumbai so poss i will need to get an antirust job done. thanks
prince85....could you pls give me the contact details for TPC3?

cheers!
Old 12th January 2007, 07:21   #29
BANNED

I've heard that there is no benefit by Underbody Coating, unless car isn't rustproofed/undercoated by the factory. And also Underbody Coating is un-necessary because almost all the new cars have rustproofing and undercoating.

The car is painted with several coats, starting from a cathodic electrodeposited undercoat, which are designed to take care of the requirements of normal operation in our climate.

Also, we can opt for Dinitrol coating as a precautionary measure against rusting in coastal weather. This is not really required in inland areas.

So do we need Underbody Coating ? OR is it a mere eyewash ?
Old 12th January 2007, 08:43   #30
BHPian

One other benefit of underbody (rubber) coating not mentioned here is that it acts as a soundproofing layer against road and tyre noise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks