Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2010, 23:20   #16
BHPian

See I told you its Head Gasket Good to know your problem was solved. Enjoy the ride. BTW what was the cost of that Golden cruiser coolant if you remember?
Old 19th November 2010, 23:25   #17
BHPian

Ya, you were absolutely right my friend. Thank you so much.
Golder Cruiser is now part of MGP and it is Rs. 207+tax

Earlier castrol used to look thick and when added with distilled water, it forms small small sluggish hard particles, Its good they have changed to Golder Cruiser.
Old 21st November 2010, 16:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
I have also noticed few bubbles in reservoir after some acceleration, then it dissapears.
I also noticed bubbles in reservoir in my Punto even before staring. But in my Also it is not there. Also the lequid is not levelled. One end is near to maximum and other end is below middle point where all other fluid levels(brake,clutch) are levelled. Will it cause any problem?
Old 21st November 2010, 17:45   #19
BHPian

@vsk2009: was your car parked at incline when you were checking this? If the car was on levelled (approx) surface then I think its the reservoir box not fixed in right angle, its tilted. This may be the only reason of liquid one end at max and other at min. Please post a pic if possible.
Old 21st November 2010, 19:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
When i reached there, they were filling my old engine oil + did a top-up, they freshly added golder cruiser Coolant (blue) since old was flushed
Get the oil changed as well - the damaged head gasket and the overheating will have taken its toll on the engine oil.
Old 21st November 2010, 20:34   #21
BHPian

@CrackedHead, well I did insist them to change oil, but MASS guys strongly suggested not to change engine oil as its absolutely fine. It wasnt clear brown like before (last changed 3.5k KM back) but it was thick brown, so i told them to do what is right.

FINAL UPDATE:
Car is running fine, drove for ~130km in 2days and no overheating in idle or on running.
I had noted coolant level in MASS, it has now dropped 0.5cm below level, i guess i will monitor for few more days and check. Oil Level when checked in a flat surface and in morning is exactly at MAX in Dip stick (MASS had done a top-up), is this ok ? shouldnt it be between min and max?
Old 21st November 2010, 21:55   #22
BHPian

Hi,

I have a similar problem in my fiesta for quite some time, but this is only during hot weather conditions. The radiator fan keeps running at high speed intermittently every few minutes (every 1-2 minute). The sound of the running radiator fan becomes very much audible even during driving. However the temperature guage shows normal range which means engine is not overheating(?)

Ford service center replaced the coolant once after which the problem did not occur for about 1000kms. But now this has resurfaced. I feel a drop in performance after this issue came up. Pls let me know what may be the problem and how to rectify it.
Old 22nd November 2010, 00:17   #23
BHPian

@srk72, is coolant level in your reservoir increasing? Try overhauling your radiator and check your head gasket.
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:47   #24
Team-BHP Support

Good to know that its resolved and no need to thank or apologize, you asked for a garage and i named it, that's all

Its just matter of getting into details, which this big dealership workshop wants to avoid. They are more happy with regular top up services which bring in more money per minute
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:14   #25
BHPian

I never thought i will be writing again in this thread, i am very disappointed actually.

There is a coolant leak as well as Engine oil leak, Coolant in the reservoir is getting down very soon and there are traces of blue coolant material near thermostat hose.

Engine oil which was till max in dipstick, now shows between min and max and there are oil traces when looked deep inside the engine. I called bimal and service guy told its common for the engine oil to drop after head gasket replacement, is it true ?

I have driven around ~250 km so far and there is so much of engine oil and coolant gone, how can this be common ? and there are visible traces of both coolant and oil.

Now i am in dilemma should i take to bimal again to rectify this or somewhere else, as i have already paid them so much to fix and they have not done it properly.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:29   #26
BHPian

Sad to hear problems still cropping up in your car. Even my car had leaks near thermostat hose and some other place and even after fixing all leaks I still have to top up coolant every week. Don't know really where the coolant goes. Still coolant goes down at same rate as it used to when there were leaks. Engine is fine and not drinking oil or giving any kind of smoke. So I guess coolant level going down is something not to be bothered.

Regarding your oil level going down, did you checked it in morning when engine was not cranked? Starting engine even for few seconds makes oil level go down slightly. How did you checked deep inside engine?
Old 24th November 2010, 00:07   #27
BHPian

@Hashim, regarding coolant its leaking near thermostat hose, i guess they can fix it by replacing hose.

And Oil traces i can see when i put my head inside the bonnet and examine closely, its underneath somewhere below, but its not leaking so much where its dropping on the ground, i will try taking few snaps tomorrow and update in this thread.

Oil Level i always check in the morning, when engine is cold.

b/w no drop in pickup, no white smoke or blue smoke, everything is normal, except oil level going down in just 250km.

Last edited by johnruben : 24th November 2010 at 00:09.
Old 24th November 2010, 00:14   #28
BANNED

John

I had earlier mentioned to you and even warned you of BIMAL being one of the Worst A.S.C to go with

Why dont you try SURAKSHAA at the BTM layout and Hosur Road Junction.

They are truly professional and good at their work.
Old 24th November 2010, 03:58   #29
BHPian

when they replaced your head gasket did they check your head and block surface if it was true? also it could be they didnt torque the head bolts in the right pattern or insufficient torque,about engine oil going down,if you did it first thing in the morning then its suspicious why its going down,if you did it after a little bit of driving then its understandable that all the oil hasnt drained back into the sump and hence the lower reading,also get someone somewhere to once do a compression check for you,that will actually give you a hint of the life and the current state of your engine,hope this helps,cheers,happy revving..!
Old 24th November 2010, 08:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

This sounds like blocked coolant passages around the engine block.

This happened to a friends Wagon R. Suzuki were just not able to understand what was causing the problem. Addded coolant, replaced the radiator, radiator cap. Took the car to a local garage and the problem was sorted. It was scale build up around the fine passages around the engine block where coolant circulates. This happens when ground water is used to top up the radiator and can also happen if the cooling system has not been flushed or replaced with new coolant. Scale build up takes years to show up as a problem.

In the Wagon R's case the coolant would be pushed out of the reservoir due to so much pressure (Steam build up) in the system and would eventually over heat. The design of the tempetrature guage monitoring system is also very stupid on previous generation Wagon R cars. It will not show any temperature when there is no liquid in the cooling system. so the gauge read below the "C" mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks