Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 12:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Car AC Vents realignment

Rs 12,000 for a replacement air vent guide for VW Vento.

The vent air guides of my new Vento TDI Highline developed the same problem shortly before the first service. When asked to replace it under warranty, they declined - citing that there is no warranty for plastic parts. When asked, they quoted Rs 12,000/- as the cost of replacement. Naturally, I declined. I intend to take up the issue with VW to seek their point of view. Will post their reply when I receive it
Old 5th January 2012, 12:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

^ Wow that is way overpriced. I think you should have started a new thread for this.

Try posting on their facebook page as well
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 17:16   #18
BHPian

12k for a vent guide? looks like they deemed it as the key element of a vent(o).Unless this guide also guides the car to run smooth and proper, one could commission a die, make these for 10 rs. each and sell for 5k . vfm for car owners and super quick ROI for the parts guy.

did you get any reply from VAG?
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:39   #19
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I have a similar problem where-in one of the AC vents of my Figo is broken. The service centre for Ford says that the entire dashboard needs to be opened and though the Price of the louvre is around 400 INR, the labour cost itself is in excess of 3 K.

Anyone has ideas on a DIY fix for these situations? The Figo AC louvre is a two piece plastic leaf joined together via a plastic inserts with a rotary washer which enables rotation about its axis.

In my case, the rotary washer keeps on breaking down.

Please advice.
Old 24th April 2013, 18:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhu3112 View Post
Hello Guys,

I have a similar problem where-in one of the AC vents of my Figo is broken. The service centre for Ford says that the entire dashboard needs to be opened and though the Price of the louvre is around 400 INR, the labour cost itself is in excess of 3 K.

Anyone has ideas on a DIY fix for these situations? The Figo AC louvre is a two piece plastic leaf joined together via a plastic inserts with a rotary washer which enables rotation about its axis.

In my case, the rotary washer keeps on breaking down.

Please advice.
Hi.. You can check this thread for fixing the Louvers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uver-vent.html
Old 24th April 2013, 21:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
Hi.. You can check this thread for fixing the Louvers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uver-vent.html

Hello Vijay,

Thanks for the prompt reply but the mentioned thread shows the standard AC louvres. Mine is a Figo which has the rotary kind of louvres and is quite different in construction.

Any suggestions?
Old 31st December 2013, 13:10   #22

VW Vento - AC vent guides completely breaking off

2 of the AC vent guides (all 6 vertical guides) in my 2012 VW vento highline, have completely broken off. The service guys at this VW dealer tells me that this is a common problem in the v1.0 Ventos. He also tells me that all the 4 vents in the front will have to be changed, since it only comes as a set of 4, which costs about 4k.

Is this true? Anyone else facing/heard of this issue?
Old 31st December 2013, 13:24   #23
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Vento - AC vent guides completely breaking off

Quote:
Originally Posted by basky View Post
Rs 12,000 for a replacement air vent guide for VW Vento.

The vent air guides of my new Vento TDI Highline developed the same problem shortly before the first service. When asked to replace it under warranty, they declined - citing that there is no warranty for plastic parts. When asked, they quoted Rs 12,000/- as the cost of replacement. Naturally, I declined. I intend to take up the issue with VW to seek their point of view. Will post their reply when I receive it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz_500 View Post
Is this true? Anyone else facing/heard of this issue?
Well the issue seems to be real and the prices seems to have come down from what it was. But 4k for those plastic bits are still way too much if you ask me! Being plastic parts and over 1 year old, getting a warranty claim will be difficult.

Check if you can get aftermarket the OE spec vents, even an ebay search might be worth it.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 15:04   #24

Re: VW Vento - AC vent guides completely breaking off

Thanks Jaggu. Will check out some OEM options. Actually, am wondering, if I could get other designs other than the standard ones. Let me try out.
Old 31st December 2013, 16:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinz_500 View Post
2 of the AC vent guides (all 6 vertical guides) in my 2012 VW vento highline, have completely broken off. The service guys at this VW dealer tells me that this is a common problem in the v1.0 Ventos. He also tells me that all the 4 vents in the front will have to be changed, since it only comes as a set of 4, which costs about 4k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Well the issue seems to be real and the prices seems to have come down from what it was. But 4k for those plastic bits are still way too much if you ask me!
4k for those plastics shows how much these guys are robbing their customers, especially for something that broke off in a year!

I changed the central AC vents in my Zen earlier this month and the cost was ~260 for the MGP part.

Car AC Vents realignment-wp_20131205_001.jpg

I thought the higher cost of spares for the German engineering was for the quality but the plastics not lasting a year definitely raises a concern on the corners they cut to build the car to a cost. The vent lasted 17 years on my Zen and broke because of the air freshner clip that was inserted into it.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 17:31   #26
BHPian

Most of the vent vanes have fallen off and I have done exactly nothing about it as I learnt that it is a problem in Skoda too. What comments from the friends with Laura etc?
Why is VW still sleeping over it? When in Rome be a Roman. Possibly trying to imbibe Ambassador standards.
Old 6th January 2014, 10:44   #27
BHPian

I had a similar problem with my Figo. The ASC (Cauvery Ford) were cooperative enough to have them changed free of cost though it involved a labour of cloase to three hours.

The quoted price for the vents were around 500 INR per peice and after I shot off an email to Ford, India about the poor quality of plastics, they promptly changed the same without any fuss.
Old 8th December 2014, 12:00   #28
BHPian

Please add me to the list for the ac vents problem.
I own a Rapid 2013 model and they broke as early as 1 year later.
If anyone has found a solution please let me know
Old 13th January 2015, 18:39   #29
BHPian

I finally and really finally found a solution to the AC Vents problem.

After lots of haggling and googling, I finally managed to locate a shop that sells Vento/Rapid parts in Mumbai.

The address:
F K Auto Parts
Behram Baug, Opposite Scout Camp, New Link Road, Jogeshwari West
Behram Baug
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400102

I paid 3500 as I opted for the Chrome edition as I owned the 2012 edition Rapid and the chrome came in only on the 2013 edition.

The old edition was quoted 3K.

Hurrah for all the broken vent owners finally!!!

If someone can, please post a video or a tutorial was replacing the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks