Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2011, 11:09   #106
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel - New Brake Booster Design By Maruti

i too got my booster changed. You really have to coax them to do the job.
Total charges were Rs 719/- (Brake oil and bleeding if i remember correctly).
Feel is better yet to test it though. Hope they remain crisp like this.
All i can say is so far so good !!
Old 10th January 2011, 12:15   #107
Senior - BHPian

Where did you get it done?

brake fluid is some 2- 300/- odd. In my case ac gas was refilled.
Old 11th January 2011, 11:53   #108
BHPian

got it done from vitesse . yeah gas was also refilled. they had disconnected ac pipes to change the booster.
Old 13th January 2011, 10:31   #109
BHPian

Does its apply for Maruti Swift Zxi Petrol 2007 model? I spoke to SK Wheels Navi Mumbai and they don't acknowledge such circular by Maruti for my make.
Old 13th January 2011, 10:43   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Does its apply for Maruti Swift Zxi Petrol 2007 model? I spoke to SK Wheels Navi Mumbai and they don't acknowledge such circular by Maruti for my make.
SWIFT ZXI Comes with ABS and this change is for non abs vehicles, hence no need to worry about
Old 16th January 2011, 18:00   #111
Senior - BHPian

Guys, got back from a 600 km round trip mumbai Mahabaleshwar and back. covered high speed expressway and ghat driving. The brakes are confidence inspiring now, crisp and clean braking. the sluggishness has gone and the force required from my foot on the pedal has reduced. One can only test brakes during high speed braking hence my post now after this trip. Is it worth getting it done on cars not under warranty? YES you will not regret it.
Old 17th January 2011, 12:00   #112
BHPian

Thats good you got the Brake booster replaced Goandude. I have been complaining MASS here at Bangalore to get the issue of weak brakes rectified and they dont seem to budge. The reference of Brake booster replacement to Swift D had no effect as they maintain that the replacement is for certain vehicles and my vehicles chassis number does not figure in this circular. and keep pushing me for brake pad replacement as my car has done 43k kms.

I think I will have this issue escalated to the regional Service Engineer.
Old 17th January 2011, 13:11   #113
BHPian

Brakes Booster Replaced @45k Service

So I did manage to convince my SA at vitesse prabhadevi about the brake booster change and that the new change was covered under warranty, after a few calls they agreed to do it however i had to pay for the following:
1. AC Gas recharging - Apparently they need to remove it (Labour was free)
2. Brake oil and lube
3. Brake bleeding charges (labour) -tried to argue on this but the amount was quite less so let it go.

This change + the new pads have definitely improved the braking by a good margin.
But i think i may have to pay them a visit again because the pedal feels a bit squishy, but the bite of the brakes is considerably better.

Cheers

P.S. This time the brake fluid was not the usual red colour but the transparent whitish types.
Old 18th January 2011, 11:45   #114
BHPian

Good to know many BHPians are benefitted from this,

After booster change I have done 5000 Kms and breaks are performing at its best, I certainly got a good grip on car and enjoying my rides.
Old 18th January 2011, 22:58   #115
BHPian

Guys,
Had a query:
My brake booster was changed in Dec 2010. I checked the job card and there was no mention about removing of AC. Never got the final bill from my MASS as their system was down that day. I was charged only for the brake oil and even the brake bleeding was on the house.

Wanted to know from you all as to whether the AC was disconnected in your case to change the brake booster as I saw few posts from folks about the same?
Old 19th January 2011, 10:14   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to know from you all as to whether the AC was disconnected in your case to change the brake booster as I saw few posts from folks about the same?
Even I haven't seen AC gas charges in my bill, when checked up with MASS they said they haven't touched the AC
Old 24th January 2011, 20:48   #117
BHPian

Has anyone been able to get the booster replaced from Pratham Motors ORR, Bangalore under warranty?

If so, please let me know the details.
Old 25th January 2011, 16:04   #118
BANNED

Till now no one from ORR Pratham Motors, i escalated to Maruti 2 weeks back and they simply sent me acknowledgement of my complain and one fellow called up from Delhi and took my car number and again mum till today and again i called up and threaten them that if they are not rectifying my cars issue i am selling this as i cant take any risk with breaks and got number of their regional office and spoke to Mr Bikram Sathapathy and now he wants to test my car, fixed appointment at Pratham motors coming saturday at 10 am lets see the outcome if not i am selling my car, also will be spreading to the whole world about Maruti standard.
If any team bhp members like to join me most welcome just PM me your number will meet at pratham motors ORR on coming saturday at 10 am.
Old 29th January 2011, 22:49   #119
BHPian

@Ajay, How did the meet with the Maruti Engineer go?
Did they agree to replace the booster.

Please post the details.
Old 30th January 2011, 20:21   #120
BANNED

Wake up Maruti and do a recall for your defected breaks.

Been there and as expected Mr. Bikram also took me for drive and tried to explain that this much breaking is enough blah blah, which i said not expected at all as even my 40 year old bike stops better then this.
Any how he agreed to do a complete test of breaks including the pads as per him either pads are gone(but as per Maruti standard it works till 40K kms) or they became hard.
Next week i am putting car for servicing and Bikram wants to try out checking pads and replacing them if required and ever after that if the breaking biting dosent comes they will replace the boosters but i need to pay for that(its bad that Maruti is asking for customers to pay for their fault and not considering their fault for a recall), but good thing is that at last Mr. Bikram accepted that theres a replacement boosters from Maruti which initially denied by Maruti customer care even Pratham Motors and their service manager as well.
I am going to sell this car after service and going to give a good publicity to Maruti for their poor customer care and crap product and trying to avoid serious issues like breaks which is not acceptable at any cost why one should risk his and his families life just for their name sake.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks