Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 17:05   #151
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel - New Brake Booster Design By Maruti

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
How much did you pay for extended warranty?
2 year vs 1 year
I costs around 1000-1500 more for an extra year, am not sure, my car file is at home, will check & revert back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Thanks that at-least they started giving replacement in Bangalore, @GSMINC mate if you don't mind can I have your number please in case if they ask for any proof of people getting replacement in Bangalore or any complain number which you logged with Maruti.
PMed you my mobile number,
You may quote my case, my Complaint name & No: Underpowered brakes in my Swift Diesel car CRM:0038000003425 dated 07/March/2011, replaced on 10/March/2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Couldn’t get time then but happened to visit them unscheduled 2 months back for minor issue, at that time this concerned person was not available. Later visited them again last month for a 9point checkup but didnt check on this issue seriously, but last week when I went for my general service which was due at 40,000kms I thought of discussing this but could only put it back in email with other small issue. Now on Saturday I got the call from the same person so I met him today morning by calling him before I reached the service center, this person was very kind and discussed the entire issue and said he would look what he can do for me on this issue.
Finally around 12pm he told me that they have info about change in brake booster but it was mentioned only for Swift diesel and Ritz diesel but Dzire was not mentioned, so he said that he would check on that and also see that if the Dzire model already has the new brake booster. Now I myself was confused if my dzire really had new one but anyway decided to wait and hear. Finally at around 1pm this gentleman came up to me and said that my vehicle got the old one and he would replace it with the new one and my car would be delivered only by evening, for which I said that I would collect it tomorrow morning as I cant make it to the workshop in the evening. He said that now they have to prepare a jobcard so asked me to wait, after some time a service advisor approached me with the jobcard mentioning the jobs to be done in which it was mentioned at Rs.4000/- for the brake booster, Rs. 350/- as labour charges and Rs.300/- for Brake fluid. I informed him that I am not supposed to be charged for brake booster and labour charges as my vehicle is still under extended warranty for which he said brake booster wont be charged but I have to pay for labour but will check again and let me know. Should wait till tomorrow or until I hear from them.
Dont delay such things baba, you only will have to follow it up, they will obviously be least bothered. Yes you have to pay for Brake fluid, maybe even for AC gas charging, even though I was not charged for both, Labour is free, Maruti is supposed to pay the dealer labour for warranty jobs, As warranty jobs gets just 50% labour rates from Maruti, Dealers tries to make up the difference from your pocket.
Old 14th March 2011, 17:11   #152
Team-BHP Support

So how is the new brake booster? is it remarkably different?

I still cant understand why Maruti is doing a selective replacement, i really dont appreciate this attitude!!! This is why i believe companies like Toyota who do recalls are better off!
Old 14th March 2011, 17:44   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

I still cant understand why Maruti is doing a selective replacement, i really dont appreciate this attitude!!! This is why i believe companies like Toyota who do recalls are better off!
Oh yes, the brakes are too good to believe,
Agree with you on Maruti's attitude, I guess Toyota or any other car company in India just as worse, I just cannot recollect any instance of a recall in India.
But I guess in this case maruti cannot afford a recall, forget the dent on its image/brand value, Swift being a bestseller, the sheer cost of replacing for all 3 odd lakh cars is just too much for Maruti to swallow.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:13   #154
BANNED

Maruti guys are having eye on this thread specially their local representatives at regional office, my last complain was closed without my acceptance so logged another complain with highest priority along with comments about old complain closure. Evening will update the status.Request to all pre 2010 Swift Diesel without ABS owners don't leave them as we paid for their so called premium hatch back and it's our rights to raise a voice against poor spare parts.
Old 15th March 2011, 14:06   #155
BHPian

I bought mine during may 2010, is mine with the new one or the old one?
Old 15th March 2011, 15:11   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911varun View Post
I bought mine during may 2010, is mine with the new one or the old one?
Mostly your's would be the new version of the Brake Booster bcos they launched the modified version from the 2010 model car.
Old 15th March 2011, 17:31   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is, I can subjectively say braking has improved by 20%, in my 1000+ km since getting it done
Old 16th March 2011, 11:26   #158
BHPian

I drove my car for 10K kms after booster replacement, I feel performance of the car is improved that to on a high speed. Yesterday I came back from Kolhapur - Hyderabad trip and I could do that in 8 hours

I feel its worth investing in brake booster and special thanks to Humyum for such valuable input.
Old 18th March 2011, 10:21   #159
BANNED

Yesterday took my car once again with Maruti representatives and as per them the standard is car should stop under 50 meters at 80 kmph speed and bloody hell my car stopped under 27 meters :( so no replacement of any spares.
I really appreciate patient of Maruti people for dealing with customers like me and told them the same as they just represents the Maruti and can't decide on big matters like recall, told my lawyer to take it further with Maruti directly that why its getting offered to few and what's the exact criteria.
Old 19th March 2011, 21:03   #160
BHPian

Quote:

I had replaced my booster in my Ritz in December as updated in this post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2164733

A recent incident again reminded me of this thread and that is why I am here - I was in a very risky situation when another car suddenly took a U turn on NH 45 and I was very close doing just over 60 km/h. I had to hit the brakes in panic and the car stopped well in time. Had it been the earlier booster or if I were maintaining 80 km/h, which I was doing a little earlier to this, I might have hit the other car. I must thank humyum for starting this thread.

I would advice everyone who feel their brakes are not up to the mark to get it replaced even if your car is out of warranty.

The problem I faced here is my car being a non-ABS version (my dad who made the initial booking was not aware of it ) and the brakes locked the moment I hit them. Luckily there was no need for swerving the car and I merely had to stop. I am actually more worried about driving a non-ABS car after the incident.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 19th March 2011 at 21:04.
Old 9th April 2011, 13:00   #161
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from MASS for service feedback an hour ago. I have been crying hoarse about the brakes since second service. Told them that I still am not satisfied with the brakes.Also, I mentioned about this thread and the new brake boosters that are available. The gentleman did accept that there is indeed a new booster and they are factory fitted since SEP 2009. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 9th April 2011, 20:08   #162
BHPian

@Sachin - I bought my car in September 2009 and it had a older booster. But all the 2010 vehicles had a new booster. You can check part number ending with 10 is the older booster and part number ending with 11 is a new booster.

In my view thats the only way you can check the booster
Old 10th April 2011, 23:55   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
@Sachin - I bought my car in September 2009 and it had a older booster. But all the 2010 vehicles had a new booster. You can check part number ending with 10 is the older booster and part number ending with 11 is a new booster.

In my view thats the only way you can check the booster
He said factory fitted from SEP 09. Is your make Sep 09? If you have bought your car in Sep 09, the make will be much older. Please confirm and revert back. And yes, I am planning to get the booster inspected and check the part number.
Old 11th April 2011, 11:10   #164
BHPian

@ sachin, I just checked up manufacturing month of my car its the same Sept-09, When I got the replacement of booster SA from MASS told me that the new booster was only introduced in 2010 manufactured cars. Hence please check the part number you will get to know the reality.
Old 18th June 2011, 00:06   #165
Dex

I've had a braking issue with my Swift VDi(2007) and was planning to take it for repairs tomorrow. The right wheel seems to be braking and when I move after the car stops (post braking), I can hear the wheel struggling to move.

I was planning to revamp the braking system but wanted to search for some threads in TBHP to ensure that I take the right step. Thankfully I got this thread.

I will take it to Vipul Motors (Noida) and see how they respond. My warranty expires next month and have clocked over 60K with multiple complaints with braking. In fact, last month I paid 250 bucks for disc cleaning.

Thanks Everyone. Will post after my experience tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks