Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2013, 20:20   #61
BHPian

Tata Indica Vista ECU remapping/Spoilers

Hello BHPians,

Please I need some help in finding out whether the ECU in a Indica Vista (2010 model) can be remapped in order to get some better performance out of it?

It is actually for my brother in law who would like to know from experts in mod works on Indica's from our Team-BHP community.

I drive this car occasionally as well and also found it has some turbo-lag and lack of grip while negotiating corners at times.

Could you guys please help me out here with ideas regarding ECU remapping (If remapped, whether it can actually enhance Vista's performance) and suggestions on some good set of spoilers that can help improve the grip?

Regards
Anton
Old 19th April 2013, 14:31   #62
BHPian

Hello all

I own new swift zdi and it has covered 31500 kms till now since nov 2011. My daily drive is 60 kms back and forth from faridabad to gurgaon. Engine oil, oil filter are gettind replaced every 5000 kms and now i have started getting car serviced from well known garage. Now i have shifted to mobil devlac mx, i will doing the same oil change interval of 5000 kms. I religiously follow 30 sec start stop idle procedure which was mentioned by gto since day one. I dont drive hard everyday, just maintain speed 80 to 90 average. Sometimes i pushed the car hard to its limits but thats occasionally. I want to ask all bhpian GTO, vikram_d, is it really worth going for a remap. If i follow all the procedure above which i do regularly, will it shorten the engine life then by how much. Need a rough figure, i know its mechanical thing, things can go wrong anytime. Reason why why i want a remap is sometimes to get a feeling of push back to seat which old swift use to give on 165 patch tyres. I still remember the days when i sat in my friend 2010 swift, it use to pull like a train. I love my car, i take full care of it more then myself like all bhpians do. Just want make it hot hatch with sleeper looks. Please all put your valuable comments on same. There is no long time review of swift remap here on teambhp. Dont want to go for racedynamics box, as i have read on teambhp that box cannot hold a candle to proper remap. Now racedynamics has launched a dual channel but that cannot be fittes on to swift as it has fgt turbo. I dont want to mess my car out but still want to have fun at times.

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 19th April 2013 at 14:35.
Old 19th April 2013, 16:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: ECU-remapping / Chipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Is it really worth going for a remap
It is worth it only if the remap delivers what it promises. I don't have much experience with remaps for turbo diesels, but if you get a good remap from a well known company I don't see why the engine life will get shortened. Also as you have rightly pointed out we do not have any long term reviews of vehicles with remaps. So based on this point we can make a fairly risk free decision that these remaps are safe or else by now I am sure we would have heard about problems caused by remaps.

Edit: Also in my opinion you do not need to change oil every 5000kms and since your are using Mobil1 Delvac you can do it at every 10,000kms as recommended by the company.

Last edited by vikram_d : 19th April 2013 at 16:26.
Old 19th April 2013, 16:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post

It is worth it only if the remap delivers what it promises. I don't have much experience with remaps for turbo diesels, but if you get a good remap from a well known company I don't see why the engine life will get shortened. Also as you have rightly pointed out we do not have any long term reviews of vehicles with remaps. So based on this point we can make a fairly risk free decision that these remaps are safe or else by now I am sure we would have heard about problems caused by remaps.
Tune o tronics is coming to ncr in coming days, i will have talk with them regarding same. There are lot of options right now pete, race dynamics, tune o tronics but tune o tronics is the only one which has the main device which can write maps directly on ecu which no one has in india. They are offering me a free ride with map for few hours so that i can check and revert back if needed. Recently in ncr teambhp meet i met a teambhpian will not name him according to him swift has the maxed out gear ratios which results in better power delivery. So if i am increasing the power after remap will it no effect the gearbox which already has maxed gear out ratios. Which i think its working out to its full potential. Correct me i am wrong.

I am using mobil devlac mx which is mineral oil not the synthetic one so i go for 5000 km interval.

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 19th April 2013 at 16:38.
Old 19th April 2013, 16:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tune o tronics is coming to ncr in coming days, i will have talk with them regarding same. There are lot of options right now pete, race dynamics, tune o tronics but tune o tronics is the only one which has the main device which can write maps directly on ecu which no one has in india. They are offering me a free ride with map for few hours so that i can check and revert back if needed. Recently in ncr teambhp meet i met a teambhpian will not name him according to him swift has the maxed out gear ratios which results in better power delivery. So if i am increasing the power after remap will it no effect the gearbox which already has maxed gear out ratios. Which i think its working out to its full potential. Correct me i am wrong.

I am using mobil devlac mx which is mineral oil not the synthetic one so i go for 5000 km interval.
Well, I'm not sure but what the other member meant by maxed out gear ratios as I have never heard of such a thing.

Why don't you take up the tuning company's offer and try out the map? If you like it, then go for it, else revert back to stock.

I used to use Castrol Magnatec on my Swift petrol turbo build and I changed oil every 10k kms. Never had any problems with it. But if you are comfortable with a 5k change then you can stick to it.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 17:00   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
meet i met a teambhpian will not name him according to him swift has the maxed out gear ratios which results in better power delivery. So if i am increasing the power after remap will it no effect the gearbox which already has maxed gear out ratios. Which i think its working out to its full potential. Correct me i am wrong.
A remap will not change anything with respect to your gearbox or ratios. You will still reach a particular speed at the same rpm as it was before. Say if you touch 100 kmph at 2500 rpm in 5th gear, that will remain the same. What will improve with a remap is your time taken to reach that speed, that's all.

P.S - I don't know what is a maxed out gear ratio, maxed out in what manner? Swift D has a well-tuned gearbox compared to its competition, perhaps this is what he must have meant when he said that.

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th April 2013 at 17:01.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 17:21   #67
BHPian

Thanks all for your valuable inputs, tune o tronics is landing here on 20th. Now i am managing my finances to get the remap done. Will let you know all about my experience after the remap on my swift.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 01:33   #68
BHPian

Hello All

Got my swift remapped from tune-o-tronics , vivek from TOT came and did it within 3 hours . Vivek was a very nice person to deal with , shared some great knowledge about remapping and ECU .

My air filter was totally choked but car responded well after the remap . As we were in GK 2 delhi and there was hardly any empty to test the remap . But few kms of drive did felt that remap was worth it . During the evening , i went on the newly built highway FBD - GGN which is my daily drive to office and also got my air filter changed as well . Vivek told me that since ECU is in learning phase , remap will get aggressive by 50 kms . So here is the impressions , rpm needle easily climbs till 3000 rpm in no time and there is torque steer as well . I went all the way till 4000 rpm in 3rg gear and engine didn't felt strained at all . Turbo lag has decreased to some extent but not fully but the power between 2000 to 4000 rpm is very aggressive . I was totally bowled over during the drive on the highway . Overall i get wicked smile on my face whenever i floor the throttle .
Old 15th June 2013, 08:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the remap and I'm glad that you like it. Enjoy it responsibly.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 17:59   #70
BHPian

Is a remap possible on a Ertiga Vxi?
Old 25th March 2014, 18:35   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Is a remap possible on a Ertiga Vxi?
Hello Prodigy07

Remap is possible , but gains after remap will not be worth it as ertiga has a naturally aspirated engine . Remapping a non turbo charged engine results in only 2 to 5 percent gains which is not worth it . Remap on a turbo charge engine has 25 to 30 percent gain in power plus torque which is worth very penny .
Old 2nd April 2014, 01:46   #72
BHPian

Hi, Safari_Beast,
How much did ToT charge for your remap ?? Where are they located in Delhi ?
Old 13th April 2014, 11:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

What is the usual charge for diagnostics and reading of the values by connecting to the OBD output by an independent garage? I remember being charged around 400 by Ford once for the same and got charged and abnormal amount for just reading by an outside garage. His justification was its the market rate which i didn't buy.

This place is called Auto-Mac in Hormavu, Bangalore.
Should be Ripoff-Mac rather.

The topping on the cake was when the diagnostics guy told me that RRP has not done a complete job on my car and they should have suggested a remap on a Figo 1.2 along with exhaust and intake !

Sad what mechanics suggest for easy money.

Last edited by tharian : 13th April 2014 at 11:27.
Old 5th May 2015, 07:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday we came across another ECU remap company called Viezu, they offer 3 modes of mapping, fuel economy, extra power and torque and 3rd map mainly for racing enthusiasts. They charge reasonable amount compared to other tuners for remap and provide door service. They have been building a customer base mainly in Bangalore and also in places like Mumbai and Delhi. The vehicles remapped by them so far includes, Jaguar, Punto, Swift, i20. They offered a 30 day money back remap for my friend's i20, this is a 2011 model 6 speed CRDI suffering from a severe turbo lag in the lower gears. Their person came to our place in the evening and it took about 2 hours for remapping and followed by a test drive. He claimed a 30% increase in power and torque after the remap which has to be tested by us now. The stock code was first checked for any bugs and then the remap was carried out, the results was there to see immediately after the remap and the car was better to drive in lower gears with the turbo kick in happening around 1750 rpm compared to the earlier 2000 rpm range. We will be testing the vehicle extensively before making the final conclusion.
Image courtesy
https://www.facebook.com/viezubengaluruindia
Attached Thumbnails
ECU-remapping / Chipping-i20_viezud.jpg  

Last edited by deehunk : 5th May 2015 at 07:12.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 14:01   #75
BHPian

Hi Safari_Beast,

Can you please tell me where exactly in Delhi did you get it done? And for how much? Do you have any contact or something?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks