Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Vote ONLY if you are an i20 owner. How do you find the air-conditioner effectiveness?
Excellent (Chilly) 21 25.93%
Average (Just about manages) 36 44.44%
Poor (Inadequate) 24 29.63%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 14:43   #226
BHPian

Re: Weak Hyundai i20 air-conditioner. EDIT : Test results on pg. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Another major issue with my car is it does not climb steep slope, like getting out of Mall's cellar parking. First they said turbo needs to be adjusted which they did but still i cant stop half way on slope and then get it going. I have Magnum D and Palio D and these cars climb effortlessly on those slopes.
@rodeo - Palio D - Is it a MJD or the old school diesel ? It is unfortunate the i20 CRDi struggle here. Where is the power and the torque ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Mysore was blazing hot with temps reaching 35+, and the shity AC in the car was as bad as it can get, the AC set to full blast, recirculation mode and the blowers screaming their lungs out, all it felt was as if there was a blower with tiny fans put into it, my wife at the back was cursing me and my kid was crying non stop unable to bear the heat.
@rbp - It is disappointing to here that the i20's A/C is already ineffective in places like Bangalore and Mysore. I can't imagine the plight of the owners living in places like Hyd, Chennai, Madurai etc.

Time for Hyundai to fix the steering and A/C issue

Regards
Old 7th March 2011, 15:22   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
The advantage for them is most of the average owners haven't noticed this problem at all. Two of my friends have i20. One a car user for past 10yrs has noticed the problems, the other one who is pretty new to cars never knew the problem existed even after using the car for close to 1.5 yrs, till we made him realise it.
Agreed, my dad loves the car, he says steering is so light so very easy to drive in city and never noticed the rattles, only thing he is unhappy with is with A/C and that too he drives mostly alone so he has three blowers facing him. Nor he goes to shopping malls where there are queues to climb up the slop coming out of parking.

Its funny i just got a call from Talwar Hyundai asking me how the car is and complained about my 3 major problems, he said ok and call ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@rodeo - Palio D - Is it a MJD or the old school diesel ? It is unfortunate the i20 CRDi struggle here. Where is the power and the torque ?

@rbp - It is disappointing to here that the i20's A/C is already ineffective in places like Bangalore and Mysore. I can't imagine the plight of the owners living in places like Hyd, Chennai, Madurai etc.

Time for Hyundai to fix the steering and A/C issue

Regards
i have old Palio D not MJD...

Last edited by bblost : 9th March 2011 at 22:45. Reason: back to back posts. Please use Edit if posting again within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 9th March 2011, 12:16   #228
BHPian

I test drove a i20 petrol top end last week end in mumbai aroud 12 in the noon, the sales man was hell bent on me testing the car in the morning or evening to avoid traffic. He even said he can get the car to mu place only after 4 in the afternoon. I went to the show room and test drove it around 12 to check the a/c.

One work - POOR ! My 7 yeear old s10 cools the cabin in no time.

Its sad that me & my wife liked everything else about the car .

Wish POLO hadnt a killer 6 months waiting & Punto MJD had better interiors & fabia CR had good service.
Old 9th March 2011, 16:19   #229
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
I test drove a i20 petrol top end last week end in mumbai aroud 12 in the noon, the sales man was hell bent on me testing the car in the morning or evening to avoid traffic. He even said he can get the car to mu place only after 4 in the afternoon. I went to the show room and test drove it around 12 to check the a/c.

Its sad that me & my wife liked everything else about the car .

Wish POLO hadnt a killer 6 months waiting & Punto MJD had better interiors & fabia CR had good service.
haha you caught the sales guy pants down. I hope Hyundai is reading this.

I am surprised at Hyundai's arrogance, they are continuing to sell the same product with that shity AC, even after so many complaints.
Old 9th March 2011, 22:39   #230
BHPian

FIAT deserves applause that they are replacing the AC in all petrol versions of Punto/linea even though these much issues were not reported. Thumps up to FIAT and shame on you hyundai
Old 9th March 2011, 23:10   #231
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks

Summers hitting Kolkata and the A/c is showing its uselessness

It seems that the blowers actually suffer from asthama. The filters require a clean I guess

Useless A/c Noisy Cabin (Steering Noise) Non existant support.

My second and possibly last Hyundai ever.

The most shocking thing is Hyundai is doing nothing to solve this problem either. They dont even have the courage to own up to it.

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2011 at 20:07. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 9th March 2011, 23:12   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Not fair. Not fair at all to compare any car with Palio S10.
They do not stand a chance.

OT: If you already have a S10 I am hard pressed to even imagine how you will be happy with any of hatchbacks available now, leave alone i20.

I do not think that Hyundai will be doing anything on proactive basis to sort the AC issue out. Indian junta's herd mentality will make sure that no matter how much bad the product is, still they will go for it. Hyundai worked hard to build the momentum going for it and is now enjoying the fruits of it.
Old 9th March 2011, 23:18   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
Another major issue with my car is it does not climb steep slope, like getting out of Mall's cellar parking.
Even my i20 has the useless A/c and noisy steering, but torque has never been a problem.

Try this... Simply keep the revs at 1800 - 2000 revs in first gear while starting the slope.. My car simply powers through ... and I park the car in the basement everyday.
Old 17th April 2011, 12:08   #234

My first post on the forum...

I own a i20 CRDi and have been driving it for a year now. I too had the same steering rattling and poor AC. (sometimes the car was too hot even at 35degC outside and almost an hour of AC at full swing).

This time I serviced my car at Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore and before giving my car I expressed my complete dis-satisfaction at the AC and the steering sound.
To my surprise both issues were fixed after the service. The AC is working superchill now. I am not sure what they have done, but it does look like the AC has been made almost perfect..

I would advise all to get it rectified..
Old 17th April 2011, 12:10   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Even my i20 has the useless A/c and noisy steering, but torque has never been a problem.

Try this... Simply keep the revs at 1800 - 2000 revs in first gear while starting the slope.. My car simply powers through ... and I park the car in the basement everyday.
I too have seen this issue. The problem occurs after a cold start. Let the engine idle for sometime till it warms up. Then the car should have no problem with the inclines.
Old 20th April 2011, 22:12   #236

Hello everyone. I am new to Team-BHP so excuse me for any mistakes.

Today I got my i20 delivered and the AC was working as it should be. It took me a few minutes to realize what to do with the settings but the car, loaded with 6 people (yeah that's correct 6) was chilled within 5 minutes and my mom and grandma on the back seat told me to turn it off or they will get headache.
Let me tell you that it was around 2 in the afternoon and the temperature outside was 38°C.

I don't know how it will perform in the extreme summer, but if it is any close to what it is now, i will be more than satisfied with the AC. Maybe I will have to get my filters cleaned, maybe i will have to get it tweaked once in a while, but as of now, i am chilled with my i20.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:32   #237
BHPian

HI all,

I have been driving a i 20 petrol for a year nowandhave no problem with incline ( u have to essentialy be on first gear) On the ac issue, my advice to all is to have the ac intake filter cleaned every 2 months. I 20 has a unique double filtration system in the Ac. the filters are located below the glove box.

I did two things to increae chill of the ac -replcae the stock floor mats with the rubberised ones to attract less dust and clean the filter- touchwood ac is ok now in hyd 45 degrees temp ! Of course, Maruti suzuki probably has better acs ( supplied by a local company called subros compared to Hyundai who are supplied by Denso )
Old 26th April 2011, 14:47   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaicon View Post
HI all,

I have been driving a i 20 petrol for a year nowandhave no problem with incline ( u have to essentialy be on first gear) On the ac issue, my advice to all is to have the ac intake filter cleaned every 2 months. I 20 has a unique double filtration system in the Ac. the filters are located below the glove box.

I did two things to increae chill of the ac -replcae the stock floor mats with the rubberised ones to attract less dust and clean the filter- touchwood ac is ok now in hyd 45 degrees temp ! Of course, Maruti suzuki probably has better acs ( supplied by a local company called subros compared to Hyundai who are supplied by Denso )
Can you illustrate how to clean the AC filter in a i20?Is it a DIY thing or needs to be taken to the HASS?
Old 27th April 2011, 12:23   #239
BHPian

slightly tech question about a/c

reducing the a/c knob to less than maximum chill, does it reduce the load on the a/c compressor and therefore the engine, as the engine drives the compressor or does it not make any difference?

could anyone throw any light on that?
although logically, if the compressor is on , its on, so low or high, its running, it shudnt make any difference.
Old 27th April 2011, 13:24   #240
BHPian

Sorry for going OT Friends,

But just a thought, Seeing the AC as well as steering issue in i20 , will hyundai make the appropriate ammendments in the upcoming new Verna? Any inputs welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks