Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 21:15   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Atleast you wont listen them anymore, and it also absorbs vibrations.
Yes, it abosrbs the vibrations and insulates your from the noise coming from outside, but rattles don't always come from outside. They come from the inside.
Old 12th July 2007, 00:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Yes, it abosrbs the vibrations and insulates your from the noise coming from outside, but rattles don't always come from outside. They come from the inside.
So you must apply it inside. It will absorb vibrations and noise from where it is appllied irrespective of area of application.
Old 12th July 2007, 03:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
So you must apply it inside. It will absorb vibrations and noise from where it is appllied irrespective of area of application.

*Word Filler boooooooooooooooooooooooooo*
Old 15th July 2007, 14:36   #64
BHPian

My Alto would rattle everytime I use the Sub. Every possible thing was done till it was discovered that the key hole plate on the dicky door was the culprit. It was the displacement of the Air that would rush out from the key hole that was causing this silly noise. The moment the plate was moved to side the sound would stop and you could feel the air being pushed out.

Another common rattle is fron the Number plate which are becoming wafer thin by the day. The dealer charges you a substantial amount for these sundries as Misc. Expenses and what you get is junk. If you cant have them replaced, tacking then with a double side Foam Adhesive tape on the 4 corners of the rear side will help restore blissful silence.

God bless..
Old 15th July 2007, 14:58   #65
Senior - BHPian

When we were searching for an second-hand amby for T-board, we came across one (2003 isuzu 2000cc)which had a workshop bill for about 85000. The used car dealer said that the owner had re-welded the chassis even when it was brand new to remove rattles.
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:35   #66
Senior - BHPian

My Baleno dashboard rattles like mad !! Do other Baleno owners have the same problem? If so, have you guys found any solution.

I know taking out the dashboard and fixing it back is a solution, but how many have tried it? I mean, it can actually lead to more rattles instead of reducing !!

Also, the suspension is very noisy while going over depressions/rough surface.. But I guess there isn't any solution, becoz the problem is in the road, not the car !!
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:40   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
My Baleno dashboard rattles like mad !! Do other Baleno owners have the same problem? If so, have you guys found any solution.
my baleno has been quite free from rattles till now (touchwood). recently a strange squeaking sound has been coming from the front co-driver seatbelt. dont know the reason, will have to go to a MASS.
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
my baleno has been quite free from rattles till now (touchwood).
Have u tried to listen with the ICE switched off? Even mine is rattle free if ICE is on .. What about suspension noise when it goes over pot holes?
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:58   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Have u tried to listen with the ICE switched off? Even mine is rattle free if ICE is on .. What about suspension noise when it goes over pot holes?
I never drive with ICE on when I am alone. there is no suspension noise either except the famous "khatak" sound from the steering when it goes over potholes with the steering wheel slightly turned. by the way, what kind of suspension noise are you talking about? has it been shown to the A**? if yes, what has been their reply?
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
by the way, what kind of suspension noise are you talking about? has it been shown to the A**? if yes, what has been their reply?
Like a ton of bricks have been dropped every time you go over potholes. I guess most of that sound comes from the dash. But my car supposedly has "stiffened" suspension and that adds to the general noise !! Then there is the trademark "khatak" sound
Old 3rd December 2007, 17:56   #71
BHPian

I had the same problem in my Indica.
TASC guys took out the dashboard and put it back on, all the rattles are now gone.

Quote:

I know taking out the dashboard and fixing it back is a solution, but how many have tried it? I mean, it can actually lead to more rattles instead of reducing !!

Also, the suspension is very noisy while going over depressions/rough surface.. But I guess there isn't any solution, becoz the problem is in the road, not the car !!
Old 3rd December 2007, 18:25   #72
Senior - BHPian

My Baleno remains quite rattle free after 41k kms..especially compared to my UNo which was a rattlebox at this vintage...
no rattles at all..(Of course the "Khatak" sound is there!!)

But..just to add.. I got someone remove the dash of my Uno and got him to put Double sided tape and pieces of foam (depending on his own judgement..no science) at varioud nooks and corners ..paid him a couple of hundred bucks and the dashboard remained rattlefree for a long time..(till the next removel )

Last edited by Buffetfan : 3rd December 2007 at 18:27.
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:41   #73
Senior - BHPian

There was one instance of dashboard rattling on my Esteem which really drove me mad. Surprisingly when I did some preliminary investigation on that I found the culprit to be a screwdriver that I had left inside the glovebox by mistake. So, better to clean up the glove box before commencing a check on this one.
Old 4th December 2007, 10:32   #74
Senior - BHPian

In my Indigo Marina there is a rattle/squeaking noise from the right side rear seat back mounting and an audible thunk is heard at times again from the right rear side when the car jerks. Any idea why it would be so?
Old 4th December 2007, 10:48   #75
Team-BHP Support

There was an external rattle that seemed to come from the underbody, towards the rear. Now, i think its the number plate. Got to check it.

As for body rattles, car has covered 40k kms. So, it is expected in a small car. However, i tell service guys to fix panels properly everytime. Still then, it comes after 1k kms or so!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks