Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:22   #151
BHPian

re: Maruti Alto - Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
I have a slight change of opinion. I drive Alto 1.1, Oct 2010 (Not K10) make, the ones just during the launch of K10 series. On highway I consistently get 21-22kmpl at speeds of 80kmph-100kmph. My last drive, one way clocked 390kms and consumed 17-18ltrs of fuel running 75% of the time without AC. Of total 390kms, 280kms were clocked with highway conditions.

Does anyone have figures of 2010 alto FE? 16kmpl seems to be quite low at highwaay conditions for alto.

-UB
I am not sure I understand you. Alto 1.1 - Oct 2010? How is it possible?? The 1.1 was discontinued ages back. Mine is a 2003 purchase, and I have seen very few of these on the road.
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:39   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
I am not sure I understand you. Alto 1.1 - Oct 2010? How is it possible?? The 1.1 was discontinued ages back. Mine is a 2003 purchase, and I have seen very few of these on the road.
Yes. It was even discussed here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...elaunched.html
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:03   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Exactly. In fact, some people even refer to it as a "Limited Edition" because so few of them are actually in running, maybe leaving out the metros.
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:05   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeOetelaar View Post
One with 88 and one with 106 teeth.
Hi,
Sorry, had missed this post. Do you still need the information? (will have to get hold of an old belt and physically count the number.

One question: What was the original tyre size, and what was the safety kit (ABS, Air Bags etc) as OE on your car?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:33   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello!
Maybe somebody of you could help me.
I own an 2004 1.1 Alto with the f10d engine.Oetelaar
The Indian WagonR till some time ago was fitted with the same 1.1 engine (F10D) and there is a very high population of WagonRs in India.
I can help you, I would get the info from the MASS familiar to me. But may need couple of days time.

Quote:
I have a slight change of opinion. I drive Alto 1.1, Oct 2010 (Not K10) make, Does anyone have figures of 2010 alto FE? 16kmpl seems to be quite low at highwaay conditions for alto.-UB
How come there can be an Alto 1.1 in 2010? Is it a 2010 model or is it a keying error.
18km/l on highways without AC is less whether it is a an 800 or 1100.
Old 3rd November 2011, 04:33   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Sorry, had missed this post. Do you still need the information? (will have to get hold of an old belt and physically count the number.

One question: What was the original tyre size, and what was the safety kit (ABS, Air Bags etc) as OE on your car?

Regards
Sutripta
Hi Sutripta,
Yes please itīs still important. Would be great if you could help me! Actually I go to work by public transport.

My Alto has 155/65 13" tyres and itīs the standard for Alto here. Other are not allowed. If you want other tyre sizes (even just 155/70!) you have to go to the authorities who will check if itīs possible and then you will get a certificate. Of course you have to pay for it.
There was a slight revision in mid 2004 I remember. From 2005 all cars in the EC should have ABS and so the Alto too. Additional to that the Alto got headrests on the rearseats. Mine is an older 2004 Alto without ABS.
I got it a bit cheaper. But there are 2 Airbags in the front. As discussed here some time ago itīs a 4 seater. There just 2 belts on the rearseats.
I think that is all.

Thanks.

Regards
Oetelaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The Indian WagonR till some time ago was fitted with the same 1.1 engine (F10D) and there is a very high population of WagonRs in India.
I can help you, I would get the info from the MASS familiar to me. But may need couple of days time.
Hi rajeev,

Good to know that itīs the same engine. I have checked the WagonR which had been sold here already but that were other engines. Great that the indian one has this engine. I also checked the Opel Agila which should be the similar car but noticed that Opel installed own engines in this model.
Time is no problem I just bought a public transport ticket for whole November.

Thanks

Regards
Oetelaar
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:21   #157
BHPian

Quote:
I own an 2004 1.1 Alto with the f10d engine. I checked a few supplier of belts (Gates, Contitech, SKW...) and they mostly offer 2 different kits for that car. One with 88 and one with 106 teeth. In Europe the Alto was only sold with the 1.1 engine so only one of them could fit.
Hi DeOetelaar, both the F8D & F10D Altos have the same timing belt (both engines share an insane number of parts).

The Maruti-Suzuki part number is 12761N84410 & the belt has 106 teeth.

Will post the relevant page from the parts catalog later today.

Last edited by im_srini : 3rd November 2011 at 09:23.
im_srini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:00   #158
BHPian

Quote:
That was a mistake. It is 800 (F8D 3cyl engine).

Is Alto 1.1 (F10D) still sold in Europe? I remember reading it somewhere that this engine is still in production for VX/VXi models.

-UB
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:17   #159
BHPian

Quote:
18km/l on highways without AC is less whether it is a an 800 or 1100.
Not really. Especially with the 1.1 (which, supposedly, isn't an original suzuki engine, but a product of Indian R&D, just by adding an extra cylinder to the F8D engine, [discussed on this same thread previously], and explains its crude nature and metal whine on higher revs, and comparatively lower FE), 18 kmpl is pretty decent mileage. On the 1.1, with 4-5 people in the car, in moderate traffic, I get around 15-16.

Quote:

Is Alto 1.1 (F10D) still sold in Europe? I remember reading it somewhere that this engine is still in production for VX/VXi models.

-UB
That's what I'm wondering. Well in that case, FE of 20 is pretty normal for highway use.
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sutripta,
Yes please itīs still important. Would be great if you could help me! Actually I go to work by public transport.

My Alto has 155/65 13" tyres and itīs the standard for Alto here. Other are not allowed. If you want other tyre sizes (even just 155/70!) you have to go to the authorities who will check if itīs possible and then you will get a certificate. Of course you have to pay for it.
There was a slight revision in mid 2004 I remember. From 2005 all cars in the EC should have ABS and so the Alto too. Additional to that the Alto got headrests on the rearseats. Mine is an older 2004 Alto without ABS.
I got it a bit cheaper. But there are 2 Airbags in the front. As discussed here some time ago itīs a 4 seater. There just 2 belts on the rearseats.
I think that is all.

Thanks.

Regards
Oetelaar

Hi rajeev,

Good to know that itīs the same engine. I have checked the WagonR which had been sold here already but that were other engines. Great that the indian one has this engine. I also checked the Opel Agila which should be the similar car but noticed that Opel installed own engines in this model.
Time is no problem I just bought a public transport ticket for whole November.

Thanks

Regards
Oetelaar
Please post pics of ur european lhd alto please we would like to see te differences and pics of the sppedo with all lights on please whenevr u can.
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:23   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Additional to that the Alto got headrests on the rearseats. Mine is an older 2004 Alto without ABS.There just 2 belts on the rearseats.
In India the Alto VXi Spin had rear headrests. I think it was in 2003 or 2004.
Vx1.1 is without power steering and Vxi with EPS.
Old 5th November 2011, 01:15   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi DeOetelaar, both the F8D & F10D Altos have the same timing belt (both engines share an insane number of parts).

The Maruti-Suzuki part number is 12761N84410 & the belt has 106 teeth.

Will post the relevant page from the parts catalog later today.
Hi!
Thanks a lot for the help! The Part number is much helpful. With this number I found belts from Contitech and Gates. Do you also have the number of the Kit (Belt and tighener together) ?

Quote:
-UB
In Europe respectively the Alto has been replaced by the A-Star in 2009. But the name of the car is still Alto here.
So the actual indian Alto isnīt available here. I remember that the 1.1 engine doesnīt met the hard economic regulations of the EC respectively in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Please post pics of ur european lhd alto please we would like to see te differences and pics of the sppedo with all lights on please whenevr u can.
You mean the lights while starting? As soon I will find time I will fulfill your request.

Quote:
In India the Alto VXi Spin had rear headrests. I think it was in 2003 or 2004.
Vx1.1 is without power steering and Vxi with EPS.
Here in Germany the revised edition was introduced around May 2004 with the headrests.
My Alto has power steering but no EPS. Mine is a "Club" edition. There was also a "Basic" and "Comfort" edition here.

Quote:
Not really. Especially with the 1.1 (which, supposedly, isn't an original suzuki engine, but a product of Indian R&D, just by adding an extra cylinder to the F8D engine, [discussed on this same thread previously], and explains its crude nature and metal whine on higher revs, and comparatively lower FE), 18 kmpl is pretty decent mileage. On the 1.1, with 4-5 people in the car, in moderate traffic, I get around 15-16.
That's what I'm wondering. Well in that case, FE of 20 is pretty normal for highway use.
Mileage of my 1.1 Alto: About 20 kmpl with just me inside.
DeOetelaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 04:28   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Alto has power steering but no EPS. Mine is a "In Europe respectively the Alto has been replaced by the A-Star in 2009. But the name of the car is still Alto here.
So the actual indian Alto isnīt available here. I remember that the 1.1 engine doesnīt met the hard economic regulations of the EC respectively in Germany.
Club" edition. There was also a "Basic" and "Comfort" edition here.
EPS is same Electric Power Steering. What I meant was that the Alto's is not hydraulic PS.
In India, all manufacturers continue with the model even much after the new models are introduced.
A Star is the Alto to the world, but here the M800 and the Akto sells alongside the AStar. Further there is a model named Alto K10 with the Astar's engine. Even the M800 which was again Alto still sells, albeit BS IV compliance.
Alyo versions are Std without AC and EPS, Lx with AC and Lxi with EPS additionally. K10 is available only in Lxi and Vxi trims. The M800 versions are with and without AC. No EPS.
Old 5th November 2011, 08:11   #164
BHPian

Quote:
EPS is same Electric Power Steering. What I meant was that the Alto's is not hydraulic PS.
In India, all manufacturers continue with the model even much after the new models are introduced.
A Star is the Alto to the world, but here the M800 and the Akto sells alongside the AStar. Further there is a model named Alto K10 with the Astar's engine. Even the M800 which was again Alto still sells, albeit BS IV compliance.
Alyo versions are Std without AC and EPS, Lx with AC and Lxi with EPS additionally. K10 is available only in Lxi and Vxi trims. The M800 versions are with and without AC. No EPS.
Sorry, I meant ESP does mine not have. By the way but I did not noticed before that there are 2 different steering systems (hydraulic and electric).

It makes sense to continue with proven and reliable cars. I would buy this Alto again with some improvements and features. The M800 looks like an older Alto and the K10 just as a revised/facelifted edition of the one I have. I am not really convinced about the AStar engine. is it as powerful as the 1.1 Alto engine? Maybe this would be the next car for me. Even the next Suzuki dealer is far away but I could switch over to Nissan Pixo.
DeOetelaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 08:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Mileage of my 1.1 Alto: About 20 kmpl with just me inside.
Please tell me in detail about your driving habits, road conditions, etc. etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright Đ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks