Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 03:03   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Yep,spoke to the owner's son who is the director of the showroom,while my car was getting repaired[tie rod got bent] in the workshop.'Architect'[username] is on good terms with him and after i mentioned team-bhp,he mentioned that they were planning to have a service bay exclusively for team-bhp members!!!

If you have any problems at rama's end of the deal,send a pm,i now know a couple of people[higher up's],will try to get your car out as soon as possible i.e. if there is any delay/problems on rama's end.

If you want,i can pm you the number of a very capable guy at hdfc,he got my loan cleared in 2 days,and that too without income proof!!
Probably through him,you can reach some of the team leader of your agent,and get to know what the damn problem is??
Hi bro,
Oh Yours was that silver punto, I mentioned about your car while doing my purchase they did tell me your issue has been sorted out, though service manager wasnt available to tell me why they changed whole steering assembly.
Yes it will be very nice of you if you can use your contacts at Rama motors and ask them to deliver the car as soon as they get D.O. from HDFC bank. Most likely it will be tommorow or day after. Its not like they dont do it, they do it but only if financed through them. So they can always do it if you know people there for sure. This way i can get my car asap.
Regarding HDFC, my loan is on final verge now so it seems, but still it will be nice if you PM me his no. Will call if I still dont get a clarity by tommorow.
Thanks in advance bro.
Will pm you details of my car.
Old 10th November 2009, 03:44   #92
BHPian

Yep mine was the grey punto,i never got around to updating the thread,because i was in the hospital for 2 weeks just after i got my car back,rama motors gave the car back in 1 day,their service is quite good. Now only if the insurance guys were co-operative,i wouldn't have to go through that experience.
Hell i have logged on to t-bhp today only,will update that experience too.
That thread--
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...car-scene.html

Check your pm.
Old 10th November 2009, 09:45   #93
Senior - BHPian

Well that settles it I guess.

I took my Punto with 50+ on the meter. So, if it drives okay, there isn't a problem.

Rama is one of the more respected dealerships in Delhi.

Btw, with the amount of time you took to decide your car, everyone on t-bhp deserves a party now. :P
Old 10th November 2009, 11:57   #94
BHPian

Well mine was one of the first Punto's delivered at Rama (certainly the first one with a permanent registration number). My car had 30 kms on the odo when I first saw her at the showroom. And then it was sent for registration on the day of delivery to the Sheikh Sarai authority and came back with the odo at 45 kms IIRC. It is not really a big issue with the odo at 50 kms or so. Chill and make sure that you get the other stuff rectified before taking delivery.

A punter's meet anyone now that our clan has risen to a decent number.

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 10th November 2009 at 11:58.
Old 10th November 2009, 22:29   #95
BHPian

Hey,
Spoke to two people at Rama about your case.
They said rama motors has a strict no-nonsense policy on dispatch orders,since 3 months. That is because the banks have harassed them over payments which the banks don't disburse,and because the car used to get delivered,it was rama motors who was stuck without payments.

And seems your loan people are acting up big time,the guy told me that you have made a payment through a draft and a booking of 10,000[don't remember that correctly],the insurance cover note is ready,everything is good to go. The guy at Rama told me he had faxed the insurance cover note to the people at hdfc in the morning,yet they still had not delivered the d.o. neither had they replied by the time,the guy at rama spoke with me.

He said if the bank had given the d.o. today,the amount would have landed in tomorrow. And the car would have been ready by tomorrow afternoon but alas,no luck.
Also the guy at rama explicitly mentioned that all sales staff had strict instructions from the top management to tell the customers beforehand that they do not deliver cars till the time the amount reaches their account and not solely on d.o.'s. It's one of their terms and conditions.
If this was not mentioned to you,i guess you can talk about it to the sales manager.

The plastic is supposed to be one single piece,not two pieces,so get that fixed,and from what i have gathered,so far it'll be slightly difficult to get the car out based on the d.o. alone.
If your loan people had co-operated today,your car would have been ready tomorrow.
To get the car delivered on thursday,get the d.o. in the morning, get the amount disbursed by tomorrow evening,collect the car on thursday morning.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:38   #96
BHPian

I have recenty bought an i20 crdi magna (see my thread ) after TDing PUNTO, I20, RITZ, SWIFT and one major reason for going for the more expensive hatch was the far better interiors of the i20. There is NO doubt that the fit and finish of fabric,it's edges, tuck in at corners, smooth lines/edges of plastics, levers, door knobs, seat belt design, head rest design, futuristic stock HU with it's remote display etc are head of the Punto's. This in no way says that Punto is any way an inferior car. i would have definitely gone for this italian beauty if it was not for my wife's driving needs. The loud in cabin noise, large turning radius and heavy feel of the car at low (city) speeds so turned off my wife durng her TD that i had to shell out 6.8 lacs for a small car !!
Old 10th November 2009, 23:40   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Hey,
Spoke to two people at Rama about your case.
They said rama motors has a strict no-nonsense policy on dispatch orders,since 3 months. That is because the banks have harassed them over payments which the banks don't disburse,and because the car used to get delivered,it was rama motors who was stuck without payments.

And seems your loan people are acting up big time,the guy told me that you have made a payment through a draft and a booking of 10,000[don't remember that correctly],the insurance cover note is ready,everything is good to go. The guy at Rama told me he had faxed the insurance cover note to the people at hdfc in the morning,yet they still had not delivered the d.o. neither had they replied by the time,the guy at rama spoke with me.

He said if the bank had given the d.o. today,the amount would have landed in tomorrow. And the car would have been ready by tomorrow afternoon but alas,no luck.
Also the guy at rama explicitly mentioned that all sales staff had strict instructions from the top management to tell the customers beforehand that they do not deliver cars till the time the amount reaches their account and not solely on d.o.'s. It's one of their terms and conditions.
If this was not mentioned to you,i guess you can talk about it to the sales manager.

The plastic is supposed to be one single piece,not two pieces,so get that fixed,and from what i have gathered,so far it'll be slightly difficult to get the car out based on the d.o. alone.
If your loan people had co-operated today,your car would have been ready tomorrow.
To get the car delivered on thursday,get the d.o. in the morning, get the amount disbursed by tomorrow evening,collect the car on thursday morning.
WOW thats so sweet of you thank you. Yeah I recieved the fax and sent them to HDFC. My file has been submited should get DO by tom if everything goes smooth now. No worries about the D.O even i dont want to take the car on D.O now i can wait till the complete amount is disbursed.

But its sad how I got stuck because of conflict between Dealer and Bank. The surprising part is loan is in name of my mother why should HDFC even demand a penny from my delarship. Thives!! Will never go to them again.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:16   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Can someone help me out in with the punto mudflaps ? Just called my dealer ( concorde ) , and he says that they'll take another week to get the mudflaps. My car's getting really dirty in the rains.

Prerana(lalbagh) isn't picking up the phone. Where do I get the mudflaps from ? Any info will be appreciated.
sdp, the mudflaps have arrived at Concorde Motors - Mysore Road. Just got mine yesterday evening.
Old 12th November 2009, 12:52   #99
Senior - BHPian

Thanks gods-envy, I got mine too from dairy circle.

IIRC, you had the front struts to be replaced , was that done ?
Old 14th November 2009, 20:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Punto turbo whistle

Not a niggle yet , but an observation.

I keep hearing a faint whistling sound in the cabin while driving, and with the with the windows drawn up. Must be the turbo whistling ?

Has anybody else heard this ? Just want to make sure it's the turbo and not something else.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 14th November 2009 at 20:44.
Old 16th November 2009, 10:00   #101
BHPian

Hello All,

I am not sure if any has seen this issue:

I did my service at 3200 KM and I went for a oil change as suggested by many fellow BHP'ians. I am happy with the car and the car is driving much better and giving me an overall mileage of 19.6 KMPL.

Now here comes the twist:

yesterday while driving I noticed that my ODO reading was flashing. I then stopped the car at the roadside and then restarted the engine. The flashing of the ODO went away. I then searched the web and found out many Fiat owners around the world have faced this issue and it requires a "proxy alignment".

Did any one else also faced this issue?

Thanks,

-PK

@sdp,

This may sound stupid but I did face the same problem and found out that one of air vent was closed. The faint whistling sound used to come when ever the ACC was switched on...

-PK

This is what I found out:

Technical: Is Your Mileage and clock Flashing at you while you drive? - The FIAT Forum

-PK

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by bblost : 16th November 2009 at 13:40. Reason: back 2 back posts, use edit when posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:59   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Hello All,

I then searched the web and found out many Fiat owners around the world have faced this issue and it requires a "proxy alignment".

-PK
What exactly is proxy alignment, and does Fiat India really communicate with all its cars over a can network? So how did u resolve the issue? have you done anything after a restart.

Well when i took delivery of my car, i had a problem with the indicator stalk not canceling itself when the car turns left. it would cancel itself only after a full left lock which is not possible in day to day driving taking 90 degree left turns. I raised the issue with Concorde Motors Bangalore who raised an SR infront of me to lodge a complaint with Fiat India and to source me a replacement Indicator stalk. Now over the last 5 days i have noticed that the problem has just vanished and the left indicator cancels itself every time. i am quite amazed at how fiat builds these smart vehicles which detects a problem with itself and fixes it
Old 16th November 2009, 20:33   #103
BHPian

question more for the MJD owners from a potential punter
How are you guys tackling engine noise at higher speeds? Any sound damping possible?
Old 16th November 2009, 20:54   #104
BHPian

@RC

Let me tell you that my car is super smooth upto a speed of 90kmph and the noise that comes up after that has drastically reduced from what it was when I bought the car, but yes, there still exists some noise. But I decided to live with that, for the number of times I exceed speeds of 90kmps is very few.
Old 16th November 2009, 20:57   #105
BHPian

@ Sharan,

I spoke to Technical support at Ranjangaon facility and Fiat expert at Rama Motors and they both told me the same thing:

There are 6-7 processors which communicate over CAN network with the main CPU. These 6-7 CPU's must be aligned (synchronous in time) to function properly.

The problem will be resolved by an "examiner" which actually traces the problem and resets all the CPU's and make them synchronous.

Until now the problem has not resurfaced. But I cannot trust these gizmos because I have seen one honda accord owner literally stuck on highway because he was unable to start the car and all his dash board lights were just flashing.

I am planning to take the car to the workshop ASAP.

-PK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks