Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 17:52   #376
BHPian

Re: Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto

Took the car to the service station and got it hooked with the examiner. No error was diagnosed.

The mechanic reconfirmed that the same issue was there with couple of other Puntos and the same was recorded on the examiner. The Blue and Me Box was replaced in all the cases but in my case no error was reported. I am little confused.
Old 21st June 2012, 19:12   #377
Senior - BHPian

I had once seen the odo in my Punto flashing. However, the problem disappeared after I had switched off the car and started it again. I didn't take my car to the service station since the blinking disappeared.
Old 21st June 2012, 19:22   #378
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
The blink was continous and kept on for 15 minutes until I switched off the ignition. The blinking stopped when I started the car again. Current punto owners did you face any such 'blink' on the speedometer.
It could happen due to low battery voltage also . few have faced similar symptoms earlier of light flashing on ODO and B & M stopped working afterwards . Kindly get your battery checked as well.
Old 21st June 2012, 19:36   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
It could happen due to low battery voltage also . few have faced similar symptoms earlier of light flashing on ODO and B & M stopped working afterwards . Kindly get your battery checked as well.
Will get the battery checked. Please note that only the kilo meters - 12614 were flashing and nothing else (the date, time and CD track display was ok).

The same blinking occurred when my car was nearing the first 200 kms. At that time the sales advisor had told me that Punto's odometer can be reset to zero any number of times before it crosses 200 mark.
Old 20th July 2012, 22:28   #380
BHPian

A strange and disturbing incident happened today morning when I was on my way to the office. When I took a left turn (which is very close to my office and TASS) a mettalic grinding/rattling sound (as if an empty tin box is being dragged on stones tied with a thread ) started coming the moment I finished the left turn. The sound vanished after about 5-7 seconds with a loud mettalic TUCK. The air conditioner was on at that time.
There was nothing on the road that could have stuck under the car.

Took it straight to the TASS, met the SA-he took a test drive and as it usually happens - the sound didn't replicate. Even checked the engine bay and didn't found anything fishy.

Guys please suggest what could have made this sound.
Old 26th July 2012, 17:27   #381
BHPian

I have same type of sound as mentioned by kapilsharma80 it happens while I steer to the right side and happens intermittently, sound is high when the steering is steered to the extreme right. I had a word with the FIAT Service Supervisor in RD Motors Kolkata and as per him it is due to problem in suspension and spacer. I had my First free service two weeks ago and it was a satisfactory one. I have again booked for a checkup on Monday and would update. Let hope for the best.
Old 28th July 2012, 09:32   #382
BHPian

My 1.2 has crossed 4300 on the odo, and over the last 2 days I find that whenever I depress the clutch, it seems like some spring is getting strained due to lack of lubrication, and makes a slight but distinctly audible noise through out the clutch travel. This happens when I depress as well as I release the clutch: both ways. The clutch action is just fine, and I do not need any extra effort to engage the clutch but just that this noise is bugging me. Any clues or hints at lubricating some part with WD40 spray or something?
Old 28th July 2012, 09:39   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
My 1.2 has crossed 4300 on the odo, and over the last 2 days I find that whenever I depress the clutch, it seems like some spring is getting strained due to lack of lubrication, and makes a slight but distinctly audible noise through out the clutch travel. This happens when I depress as well as I release the clutch: both ways. The clutch action is just fine, and I do not need any extra effort to engage the clutch but just that this noise is bugging me. Any clues or hints at lubricating some part with WD40 spray or something?
Relax, this is normal. Happens in our 1.3 MJD too, and this is not limited to this particular brand of cars. BTW, you can observe this sound only in pin-drop silence, right? Or does this happen when the engine is running?
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 09:58   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Relax, this is normal.
Thanks Driver. This sound was not there earlier "when the car was newer" but as you have rightly said, it is very faint, only I can hear the noise when the engine idles.

Loving a car endows you with special powers: you hear what other mortals can't, you see what other mortals don't (miniscule of scratches), you can smell burnt rubber over your wife's extremely and unnecessarily expensive perfume and so on.

I ignore it then.
Old 28th July 2012, 12:17   #385
BHPian

AC in my 1.3 mjd epack stopped working couple of days back. Took it to the service centre in the morning today. The guy did some prelim checks and is telling me that there is no gas and that the leakage is not in the front side but in the components under the dashboard. Just the cost of opening the dashboard to check is 5400 and then gas and oil cost another 2000 Rs. All this is not covered by extended warranty - only the damaged part ( which is still unknown) is covered by the warranty.
I'm getting so fed with the lack of coverage of the warranty and the fact that the sa is seriously taking me for a ride. Has anyone else had an issue with your AC and had to open the dashboard up?
Old 30th July 2012, 07:56   #386
Senior - BHPian

I am fed up with the service guys. I was told RAMA motors has stopped servicing FIAT cars. So now I have to go till vasant Kunj. And even they are slow and disinterested.

I have a punto 1.4 emotion pack and I lost my key. Once I asked how does one go about getting a replacement key, the service center folks are clueless. They claim the FIAT guys come once a week and they will ask them & get back, but no issues whatsoever. Neither are they aware of the pricing. :/
Any suggestions? or any information that you all might have? thanks.
Old 30th July 2012, 08:44   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I am fed up with the service guys. I was told RAMA motors has stopped servicing FIAT cars. So now I have to go till vasant Kunj. And even they are slow and disinterested.

I have a punto 1.4 emotion pack and I lost my key. Once I asked how does one go about getting a replacement key, the service center folks are clueless. They claim the FIAT guys come once a week and they will ask them & get back, but no issues whatsoever. Neither are they aware of the pricing. :/

^^: If you loose your keys - Use the key card they gave during sale of the car. That has a unique identification number that needs to be installed [Handshake] with the cars ECM. This is a FIAT safety feature.

Contact the Fiat guys directly whose email is given elsewhere in the forum

All the best.
Old 30th July 2012, 09:34   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Since you are already moving around, why not give a call to Oberoi Motors Noida Sec 63 branch, especially? There is this lady, Kanan, who seems to be very helpful, or you may contact Kuldip Saini, whom I personally found very proactive. PM me for their number, if you wish.
Old 9th August 2012, 18:07   #389
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, my 90hp Punto is emitting a lot of black smoke under hard acceleration. I understand that all diesel cars blow out black smoke under sudden burst of acceleration or high revs because of the soot deposited in the exhausts... but those are short puffs of smoke.

My car continues to emit black dark smoke as long as it is revved till 3000-3500 rpm. What could the reason be?

P.S.: This time I have filled diesel from an unknown pump in Pune (if that matters).
Old 9th August 2012, 19:41   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Hi guys, my 90hp Punto is emitting a lot of black smoke under hard acceleration. I understand that all diesel cars blow out black smoke under sudden burst of acceleration or high revs because of the soot deposited in the exhausts... but those are short puffs of smoke.

My car continues to emit black dark smoke as long as it is revved till 3000-3500 rpm. What could the reason be?

P.S.: This time I have filled diesel from an unknown pump in Pune (if that matters).
Adulterated fuel seems to be reason here. Get the fuel filter changed/cleaned and fuel drained if the problem looks serious.

Some Hyundai CRDI engines are sensitive to additive laced Premium Diesel, can be the same case if you used premium Diesel.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks