Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2012, 21:16   #361
BHPian

Re: Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
^^
How many kms has the car run ?

Maybe something is touching...did you check the insides of the mud gaurd ? The plastic liners could be the culprit..
The car has clocked 12k kms. The mud flaps/lining is clear. It is a metallic sound... Pardon my knowledge but is there some spring in the tyre assembly (in or around tie rod, etc) which is making this sound on being moved/stretched apart from the shocker?
Old 12th June 2012, 21:30   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Sorry, maybe the AC belt.

But is it normal for the AC belt in cars to make this squeaking noise in the first rain?
Ah that squeaky sound the car makes at the first start during rainy days is it? If that is what you are mentioning then I had that sound and along with the squeaking sound that emanates from most poorly maintained Indicas. If it is only during rain then a small scrub on the inside of the belt with a cloth dipped in a lil bit of petrol should do the trick. If it persists even then you should push for a belt replacement at the service.

Cheers
K
Old 13th June 2012, 10:41   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Ah that squeaky sound the car makes at the first start during rainy days is it? If that is what you are mentioning then I had that sound and along with the squeaking sound that emanates from most poorly maintained Indicas. If it is only during rain then a small scrub on the inside of the belt with a cloth dipped in a lil bit of petrol should do the trick. If it persists even then you should push for a belt replacement at the service.

Cheers
K
Hi buddy, that sound has vanished. It was there for about 20 minutes or so and after that it never re-appeared.
Old 16th June 2012, 00:20   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
I have a punto 1.3, june 2011 model. Off late there is slight vibration being felt on the accelerator pedal. The vibrations can be felt when I am driving only, the pedal moves swiftly when the vehicle is stationary or off. I doubt if the accelerator cable or some part is touching somewhere causing the vibrations.

Also, there is strange 'shriiling' noise coming from left front wheel whenever I turn the steering wheel towards left. The noise is for a very short duration and sound more like 'indica's drive belt' noise.

Guys please share your inputs.
Also, there is strange 'shriiling' noise coming from left front wheel whenever I turn the steering wheel towards left. The noise is for a very short duration and sound more like 'indica's drive belt' noise.- get the power steering motor checked- it is the motor noise,Is it when you turn the complete steering or just half?if it is complete steering than motor noise can be something to looked at,

For accelerator issue need to contact Service centre,let me know in case you need any reference for Service Centre in Chandigarh,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 16th June 2012, 00:32   #365
BHPian

Hi Anupam,the noise comes randomly, sometimes even at a slight steer towards left.

Taking the car to JoshI Auto on Monday morning. I feel that in current scenario, Joshi is the best option. I have been to Banarsi Dass once for service but was not satisfied with their technical skills and attention to fiat customers.

in case there is a better option then please let me know. some better option
Old 16th June 2012, 00:46   #366
BHPian

Drop me a pm with your Number & email address,

I would loop you with the concerned Product Man,to help you with right service centre person,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 16th June 2012, 01:14   #367
BHPian

I guess your inbox is full, I am getting an error message.
Old 16th June 2012, 01:18   #368
BHPian

Sorry,now it can welcome your message,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
anupam00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 17:34   #369
BHPian

Very Good Service : OBEROI CARS NOIDA SEC63

Friends, I had been writing about the repeated problems with the AC and some other niggles. I had been running to Oberoi Sec 1, to get these repaired, but the AC problem seemed to persist. Finally, on the advise of fellow BHPian Anupam00, I almost made up my mind to take the car to Dynamic Auto in SEC63. But, my ill health prevented me from going there. Last Saturday, I got a call from Oberoi Cars sec 63, who, seemed to know all details of my car, and the lady pleaded with me to give their new service station a try. I mentioned of my ill health, and they offered a pick and drop service from home, which is barely 2 kms away. I agreed for Sunday, and they committed Sunday evening as delivery. The pick up guy arrived at 10AM sharp, filled the cursory check list, and drove away with my car. As usual, the apprehension starts. I get a call at 2PM from a guy Harivansh, in charge of service there. He says that the car has been opened up and he is personally looking into it, and that because it is a repeat problem, it may take some time to diagnose the actual AC problem. He talked to me in technical terms ( first time I hear from the mouth of a TATA SA, who says high side pressure, low side pressure, idling pressure etc and the correct numbers for those as well...) Again, I get a call at 6 saying he is still observing the car, and it would not be ready before next day!
I was a bit upset, but this mans voice had some sincerety and sense in it. Not the usual hurried superficial response from a TATA SA. In any case I was sick, and in no immediate need of the car.

Next day the car is dropped at my residence. I asked a friend of mine, to do a thorough "quality" check of the car as per the points I had mentioned in the Job Card. He has discerning eyes and senses.

The AC was for the first time "chilling", with a very different mellow sound altogether. Beads have been fixed properly save for two locations. The rear bumper, which had a tendency of slowly gaping up with time, had been fixed, but not quite up to the mark. We mentioned all these in the feedback sheet. The next day, I get a call from Oberoi Cars Sec 63 lady again. I mentioned the pending issues, and instantly they offered to send a SA and mechanic at my residence to fix all pending issues. I had just resumed office, so cannot be at home during weekdays, so the lady offered to send it during the weekend, for which she said she would double confirm. I had actually forgotten, but was pleasantly surprised, when I got a call today morning from Harivansh, asking for a time.
He had sent a SA and a mechanic to my place, who came at 4PM, worked for about an hour and took care of the pending business. The SA Kuldip Saini, was a really nice chap, who seemed to know a bit about Fiat cars and the mech was competent enough to hit the right chords with the car. In about 45 minutes all beadings were in place, bumper perfectly aligned, a thorough engine bay check done and some good advise on which scratches could go by rubbing only and which required touch up!

They also remembered the pending perfume bottle which they forgot during delivery (so did I!) : the SA handed me one.

In all a really good experience from OBEROI NOIDA SEC63 this time. No false promises, good care, personnel tried to understand the fault ( or it seemed so, at least) and quite timely.

I gave very good feedback this time and planning the same when FIAT PUNE calls. I recommend as a Punto user, Harivansh, Kuldip Saini from Oberoi Cars Sec 63 Noida.

As usual, I am not connected to Oberoi or the auto business, in any way whatsoever; just a Punto fan.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 16th June 2012 at 17:39. Reason: Punctuations etc.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 10:04   #370
BHPian

Its really good beginning if the dealers are taking pains in attending to the customers grievances ,may its new beginning and same behavioural repertoire is replicated in all the fiat/tata service centres .
My punto mjd ac has never been upto mark despite multiple visits to the service centre.
Lets see if they can rectify the fault .
regards
praveen singh
Old 17th June 2012, 10:15   #371
BHPian

Last month as a goodwill gesture for the problems I had been having with the belt noise, Concorde Motors offered to repair a couple of dents they had made and even a couple that had been caused due to me. The repair work done is simply brilliant making it impossible to spot the dents. So FIAT really seems to be moving forward. If only the plastics in the car were better!

Cheers,
K
Old 19th June 2012, 00:45   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
Also, there is strange 'shriiling' noise coming from left front wheel whenever I turn the steering wheel towards left. The noise is for a very short duration and sound more like 'indica's drive belt' noise.- get the power steering motor checked- it is the motor noise,Is it when you turn the complete steering or just half?if it is complete steering than motor noise can be something to looked at,

For accelerator issue need to contact Service centre,let me know in case you need any reference for Service Centre in Chandigarh,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Quote:
The car has clocked 12k kms. The mud flaps/lining is clear. It is a metallic sound... Pardon my knowledge but is there some spring in the tyre assembly (in or around tie rod, etc) which is making this sound on being moved/stretched apart from the shocker?
Took the car to joshi auto today. Explained the service advisor the 'shrilling sound' issue from the front left wheel to which the obvious reply was that this is inherent to all puntos but on insisting the SA tested 3 different puntos. The noise did not replicate in any of them and I was told to collect the car by 5 pm. SA hinted that the sound is from the power steering pump.

Got a call at around 3 pm by SA, who informed that the issue is not a major one and he has discussed it with the service engineer from Fiat as well. I went to the serive center and the SA assured me that there is nothing to worry about and the car will not break down because of this noise.

I still suspect that this noise is from the power steering pump but not sure whether to push for replacement now, since it is just a noise. The car is under normal warranty till august 2013 and after that 2 years extended warranty.
What do you guys suggest?

The other issues which I wanted to be sorted out were:

1. Vibration in accelerator pedal.
Outcome: still slight vibration can be felt sometimes. Was told that punto does not have an accelerator cable and operates on a sensor. They have checked and tightened the brake lines & clamps near the accelerator to negate the vibrations.

2. Steering used to wobble while braking above 60 kmph.
Outcome: the wobble is gone. They cleaned the brake pads.
Old 21st June 2012, 10:08   #373
BHPian

Today morning when I was coming to office, I noticed that the speedometer is blinking at 12614 kms. The blink was continous and kept on for 15 minutes until I switched off the ignition. The blinking stopped when I started the car again. Went straight to the service center and narrated the instance to the fiat mechanic. I was old tha the speedometer is blinking due to error in Blue and Me and the same has to be replaced. I had to come to office therefore didn't pursue the facts. Guys any insight on the issue. Current punto owners did you face any such 'blink' on the speedometer.
Old 21st June 2012, 11:43   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Today morning when I was coming to office, I noticed that the speedometer is blinking at 12614 kms. The blink was continous and kept on for 15 minutes until I switched off the ignition. The blinking stopped when I started the car again. Went straight to the service center and narrated the instance to the fiat mechanic. I was old tha the speedometer is blinking due to error in Blue and Me and the same has to be replaced. I had to come to office therefore didn't pursue the facts. Guys any insight on the issue. Current punto owners did you face any such 'blink' on the speedometer.
ODO blinking can happen for a number of reasons. Is the HU working fine? If not, check the fuse. It could also be due to a faltering battery. Don't just go with what they say - although it could be the Blue & Me which is faulty (should be covered under warranty). So get a thorough check up done.
Old 21st June 2012, 13:54   #375
BHPian

The head Unit is working fine. Will get the car hooked up with examiner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks