Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:30   #271
BHPian

How is the fit and finish in Europian Punto compared to indian Punto. Is Tata responsible for the pathetic fit and finish? What about other cars. Do they degrade their cars when come sto india?
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:57   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SudhanshuSD View Post
Dont limit this to the dealer/workshop.

If you are dead sure that it is not an accicent/external damage, shake up FIAT. These guys are cutting corners with cheap parts and poor quality of labour.

Be firm and ask for a replacement under warranty. Claiming insurance is last thing. and yes, If you do opt for insurance, put it on record that you had asked for a replacement, but refused. That way, if the glass starts to crack agiain, you will be at a better position to demand replacement.

Also, please be sure that they conduct a proper shower tets after your glass is replaced. They did this job on my Linea in Oct last year when Rohit Sharma broke my windshield with a Six. I got compensation, but poor workmanship at dealer caused biger problems when rainwater started entering the cabin from the poorly sealed wind shield border.

My car was fully drenched from inside. There was water inside, almost 1 inch above carpet level.

please take care.
Thanks Sudhanshu ! I was thinking of at least sending an email to FIAT and get a response from them. I am worried about the job these guys are going to do. I have seen some reports of problems after windshield replacement ( not limited to FIAT) and that is why I am all the more worried on how to get this fixed right.
Old 23rd November 2010, 10:11   #273
BHPian

Fiat Punto: Clutch Problem-Follow up

Dear GTO and Anupam,

The clutch problem is now resolved. Fiat promptly addressed the issue and replaced the complete clutch assembly under warranty.

It is very much better now and I don't experience the hardness in the clutch pedal.

I hope it doesn't fail again.

Thanks for all your support.

Regards,

PK
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:30   #274
BHPian

My biggest crib with the punto was that i could not connect my ipod and browse thru it using the steering controls. Well i tried the latest B&M V5.5 upgrade, this seems to have been addressed and as another positive the media player actually resumes playing the song from where it left after i restart the car.

So if any of you have not updated the B&M software on ur cars, i recommend one
Old 8th March 2011, 11:53   #275
BHPian

Re: Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto

Guys I am back again. The car is running fine and the service folks have identified and rectified all the creaking sounds coming in the cabin.

The bad news is that my rear wiper has stopped working. I want to know does the electrical parts come under warranty? I dont know what is the cause of the issue, I still have to take it to the workshop. But before taking it to the workshop I would like to know about the warranty part.

Thanks.

-PK
Old 8th March 2011, 12:45   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Guys I am back again. The car is running fine and the service folks have identified and rectified all the creaking sounds coming in the cabin.

The bad news is that my rear wiper has stopped working. I want to know does the electrical parts come under warranty? I dont know what is the cause of the issue, I still have to take it to the workshop. But before taking it to the workshop I would like to know about the warranty part.

Thanks.

-PK
PK, Can you please provide details on the exact nature of the creaking noises from the cabin and the resolution provided by the service center.

I too hear quite so many now...maybe I can learn something from your experience.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:54   #277
BHPian

Well, this ain't related to punto specifically , but our linea's door handle came apart while a chauffeur at a five star hotel was opening the door as a courtesy call I'm standing there with a broken piece of plastic on the porch. Picture that!

Fiat really needs to improve its plastic quality!

Cheers

GT
Old 8th March 2011, 20:27   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt500 View Post
Well, this ain't related to punto specifically , but our linea's door handle came apart while a chauffeur at a five star hotel was opening the door as a courtesy call I'm standing there with a broken piece of plastic on the porch. Picture that!

Fiat really needs to improve its plastic quality!

Cheers

GT
Wow ! GT ! that would count as a Kodak moment . How would you rate the incident , embarassing or funny . I won a punto too , fortunately I havent have had any such issues yet . But this ones really funny . lol
Old 11th March 2011, 14:43   #279
BHPian

@better4worse

The creaking sounds were coming from the rear. It was as if the shockers were making noise.

I think they did some oiling and cleaned it up.

-PK
Old 14th March 2011, 20:54   #280
BHPian

Guys, I was going thru this thread on Figo stalling issue (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nshifting.html).

I noticed that there was a mention about the importance of tanking up when the fuel level goes low. There have been a couple of instances when I fueled up only when the "low fuel warning" indicator came up. There have been no issues with my Punto thus far, but I would like to understand as to what is the recommended/right time to tank up - obviously when the reserve indicator comes on, but how much should one ideally drive once in reserve fuel state?
Old 15th March 2011, 15:31   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
Guys, I was going thru this thread on Figo stalling issue (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nshifting.html).
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/newrep...eply&p=2278105
I noticed that there was a mention about the importance of tanking up when the fuel level goes low. There have been a couple of instances when I fueled up only when the "low fuel warning" indicator came up. There have been no issues with my Punto thus far, but I would like to understand as to what is the recommended/right time to tank up - obviously when the reserve indicator comes on, but how much should one ideally drive once in reserve fuel state?
I'd say usually when the indicator lights up or say 1/4th fuel left in the tank, its a goo time to look for a decent diesel/petrol pump. The deal is not to trust the MID (which is based on your current mileage) once it goes below 100 km to empty coz, a couple of stoppages at the crossings or jams could leave you deserted with no fuel. Just not worth the risk.

I went thru the thread above and I can assure you low fuel in the car is not a reason for stalling or engine going dead in the middle of the road. Very recently, I just drove my Punto 1.3MJD to the very edge of an absolutely empty 45 ltr tank. It was 11 PM and I couldn't find any open gas station while on my way back to my residence. When I parked the car at my place, the MID had stopped showing the Kms to Empty reading. I feared that I wouldn't make it to the pump next day morning. But amazingly, she cranked up well and went smoothly to the fuel station where I got the tank full (exactly 43.7 Ltr filled). So you can be very sure, this FIAT doesn't stop in case of low fuel.
Old 15th March 2011, 17:11   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
I'd say usually when the indicator lights up or say 1/4th fuel left in the tank, its a goo time to look for a decent diesel/petrol pump. The deal is not to trust the MID (which is based on your current mileage) once it goes below 100 km to empty coz, a couple of stoppages at the crossings or jams could leave you deserted with no fuel. Just not worth the risk.

I went thru the thread above and I can assure you low fuel in the car is not a reason for stalling or engine going dead in the middle of the road. Very recently, I just drove my Punto 1.3MJD to the very edge of an absolutely empty 45 ltr tank. It was 11 PM and I couldn't find any open gas station while on my way back to my residence. When I parked the car at my place, the MID had stopped showing the Kms to Empty reading. I feared that I wouldn't make it to the pump next day morning. But amazingly, she cranked up well and went smoothly to the fuel station where I got the tank full (exactly 43.7 Ltr filled). So you can be very sure, this FIAT doesn't stop in case of low fuel.
I normally do tank up once the indicator lights up, but wanted to understand the implications if fuel is allowed to drop too low with the Multijets. I read in one of the posts "when extreamly low on Fuel, to avoid AIR in Fuel line, it cuts off the supply"
Does this apply to Multijets too? I've not checked the manual regarding this, but would be interested to know.
Old 15th March 2011, 17:13   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
I usually go to the fuel station when my Punto stops displaying DTE (Range) i.e., when it shows the Range as ---km. As per manual, the range is not displayed if the car calculates it to be less than 50km. Many times, I drive around for another 10-15km after it stops displaying the range. Even so, I have never been required to fill more than about 42L (I think full-tank is 45L) during the next refueling (till auto cut-off).
Old 15th March 2011, 19:01   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
when it shows the Range as ---km. As per manual, the range is not displayed if the car calculates it to be less than 50km.
As I understand, you will see Range displayed as ---km when the "low fuel warning" indicator comes up on the MID screen (which is also when, like you rightly pointed out, range <50kms)
But, all that I want to understand is, as per my previous post, would there be any harm to the engine/fuel pump due to running on low fuel in the MJD?
Old 15th March 2011, 20:11   #285
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, the "---" also appear when the trip computer cannot calculate the DTE, for example, a situation when the car is kept on idle for a long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks