Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2010, 10:24   #211
BHPian

There is more to car than engine and transmission system .Given fiat has terrific engine ,its gear box is also one the best ,but then even JUGAD multi utility vehicle has only engine and gear box .The point fiat needs to do some serious rejig
Old 19th June 2010, 17:58   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Yesterday I went for the first servicing to the dealer and friends i tell you its most pathetic and unresponsive service i have come across.

I registered following complaints regarding the vehicle
1.A.C.cooling is very poor-we were really sweating with ac on
2.Strange thud from rear shockers both sides while crossing any potholes
3Rubber attached to both the rear doors were felling apart

I had taken prior appointment for 17june and duly reached the service station at 10am.
To begin with ,we accidently left key inside and car was locked for good.
For two hours we ran here and there just to get it unlocked

After it was opened it took nearly three more hours for washing anti rust coating and engine waxing .
At every step i had to personally prod the workers and supervisors to expedite it...
Later i decided to go ENGINE OIL CHANGE ,dont kill me for it , I went against the common practice and company recommendations.
After much wrangling they DISCOVERED selenia WR from their stock .
THis oil change episode lasted for more than one hour ,
Now they told me i can very well take my car after clearing my dues.
I asked what about the AC, a mechanic came and checked the temperatures and told me it needs thorough check up and i was told to come another day.
I said #### ###, I was feeling for the first time that I really took the wrong decision, I should never ever opted for this car in the first place ,

tatas they give a damn about A.S.S

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY ,after the service episode my both front locks have started malfuntioning , as of now ,

Friends , dealers Brijlax motor should be stripped of their dealership ,or else only God knows what would become of fiat owners
I am feeling like ....
please do not accept such treatment,send a detailed email and send copies to all addresses,you will definitely get positive treatment.
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:40   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Yesterday I went for the first servicing to the dealer and friends i tell you its most pathetic and unresponsive service i have come across.

I registered following complaints regarding the vehicle
1.A.C.cooling is very poor-we were really sweating with ac on
2.Strange thud from rear shockers both sides while crossing any potholes
3.Rubber attached to both the rear doors were felling apart

Later i decided to go ENGINE OIL CHANGE ,dont kill me for it...
I am feeling like ....
I also had the rear left shocker making a thud whenever I went through a pothole. Took the mechanic on ride with me and made him hear it. When he was not driving it the sound did not come. If you take it slower over the potholes and speed breakers the sound is not there in my case.

Rubber beading falling off was there in my car also. They took care of it.

Get the locks replaced under warranty.

Engine waxing, Engine oil change, anti rust treatment!!! Someone here loves his car a lot
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:15   #214
BHPian

I heard that the thud is due to the spare wheel at the back. I have heard this sound only once till now and am sure that this was due to the spare wheel.
Old 23rd June 2010, 21:08   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I heard that the thud is due to the spare wheel at the back. I have heard this sound only once till now and am sure that this was due to the spare wheel.

THe Spare wheel is mounted securely and cannot be the source of the sound. It looks like the rear anti roll bar preventing the suspension action to me. Yes, It appears in both our Puntos!!
Old 24th June 2010, 16:53   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
both our Puntos!!
You got two?? One was fox trot azure. Other is which color??
And why two Puntos? Love them that much or won the other one in a lottery?
Old 24th June 2010, 22:09   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

All of the seats in my Punto have developed problems, The driver's seat has tooo much free play, the passenger seat squeaks if not pushed all the way back and the rear seat rattle due to improper fit.

I will have to go to a Tata-Fiat service center again, they will keep my car for the whole to actually realise the seats have problem and then the parts will be ordered to arrive in couple of weeks or maybe months.
Old 24th June 2010, 23:39   #218
Senior - BHPian

Gurudev,

For once, take it to Samyak/Elegant when you go to Delhi. You will come back smiling. Good or bad - that is the final answer for all things Fiat. no?
Old 28th June 2010, 11:38   #219
Senior - BHPian

FIAT....sigh

Observed two things this weekend.

1. Evening Saturday: Took the car out of parking. Reversed it. Then went out. Came back. Tried to start the engine. The key simply would not move. Tried everything. Remote locking, unlocking. Then trying to crank the engine. Nothing happens. The key simply wont move to the cranking position. Then tried silly things. The last one was to see if steering was locked. Tried moving the steering here an there. Then turned the key. I was able to. Car starts.
Will like to add that the car was parked on incline e.g . The left side was at higher level than the right side. Makes a difference or what?

What might have gone wrong?

2. Sunday morning. Took car out. Came back. Locked the doors with remote locking. Went after 6 hours to cover the car. Just out of curiosity checked the front driver door and found it unlocked. All the other three doors were locked. Opened all via remote lock and locked them again. Again the front door remained unlocked. Manually locked the same with key.
In morning made up mind to take it to dealership. The silly driver door was locking up properly and working fine.
Will like to add that this driver side door was jammed few days ago and the whole driver side door lock assembly was changed by FIAT.

Do I need to get it to the dealership or this is a one off incident?
Old 28th June 2010, 12:11   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post

1. Evening Saturday: Took the car out of parking. Reversed it. Then went out. Came back. Tried to start the engine. The key simply would not move. Tried everything. Remote locking, unlocking. Then trying to crank the engine. Nothing happens. The key simply wont move to the cranking position. Then tried silly things. The last one was to see if steering was locked. Tried moving the steering here an there. Then turned the key. I was able to. Car starts.
Will like to add that the car was parked on incline e.g . The left side was at higher level than the right side. Makes a difference or what?

Thats most probably the crank protection mechanism.
Once you have cranked up the car, the system wont allow you to crank it up again, unless you rotate the key in other direction and try again.

Quote:
2. Sunday morning. Took car out. Came back. Locked the doors with remote locking. Went after 6 hours to cover the car. Just out of curiosity checked the front driver door and found it unlocked. All the other three doors were locked. Opened all via remote lock and locked them again. Again the front door remained unlocked. Manually locked the same with key.
In morning made up mind to take it to dealership. The silly driver door was locking up properly and working fine.
Will like to add that this driver side door was jammed few days ago and the whole driver side door lock assembly was changed by FIAT.

Did you get the central locking fixed from outside?
If yes, then that would be the problem. The drill a hole in the latches for installing the central locking.

Even otherwise, locks are not that good in quality. I have already got the passenger side door lock changed.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:13   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took the car out of parking. Reversed it. Then went out. Came back. Tried to start the engine. The key simply would not move. Tried everything. Remote locking, unlocking. Then trying to crank the engine. Nothing happens. The key simply wont move to the cranking position. Then tried silly things. The last one was to see if steering was locked. Tried moving the steering here an there. Then turned the key. I was able to. Car starts.
Its called Accidental crank prevention feature, This has been discussed several times before, including here.

Please read the Owner's manual properly, a lot features in European cars are different from others.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:40   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Thats most probably the crank protection mechanism.

Did you get the central locking fixed from outside?
If yes, then that would be the problem. The drill a hole in the latches for installing the central locking.

Even otherwise, locks are not that good in quality. I have already got the passenger side door lock changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Its called Accidental crank prevention feature, This has been discussed several times before, including here.

Please read the Owner's manual properly, a lot features in European cars are different from others.
I feel it was not accidental crank protection mechanism kicking in. If that was the case then the key would have at least moved till halfway where the display lights come on. On that Saturday the key simply wont budge from the initial position. The position where we put it in initially.
Am I missing something here?

Also Mine is emotion so it came with the remote locking. The front driver side lock was changed by FIAT only.
Old 28th June 2010, 12:52   #223
BANNED

Quote:

1. Evening Saturday: Took the car out of parking. Reversed it. Then went out. Came back. Tried to start the engine. The key simply would not move. Tried everything. ........

2. Sunday morning. Took car out. Came back. Locked the doors with remote locking. Went after 6 hours to cover the car..........

Hi all,

1. This is not because of the Accidental Crank Prevention ! I guess you locked the car and had gone out too. Then when came back, inserted the Key, the Key did not rotate ! AM I RIGHT ? If this is the situation you tried to narrate then the problem is NOTHING. "It happens when the steering wheel is slightly rotated after you lock the wheel and remove the key out. So when you re-insert the key, the key feels to be jammed ! To correct this, just apply little pressure on the key to rotate it and simultaneously rotate the steering wheel"

This happens because of the steering lock getting jammed.

2. Driver's door problem is found on some Puntos, including mine when doing PDI. The lock is just too tight some times to get locked or unlocked. Before delivery I had asked the service center personal to correct that and it was fine after that, but now it got tighter again, will get it rectified in the 1st service.

Aal izz Well, no major problem download2live

Regards

Last edited by Sujith1100 : 28th June 2010 at 12:55.
Old 28th June 2010, 13:08   #224
BHPian

Quote:

I had the same issue on Saturday when i took the car to Garuda Mall. Parked it in the morning and when i returned in the afternoon, the key wouldn't move into the cranking position. Seems like it was a steering lock issue.
Old 28th June 2010, 13:44   #225
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the replies. .Good to know that first one is a non issue after all. And second one if repeats itself a lot of times then I will take it up with the dealership.
OT: Got the team-bhp stickers. The car looks super kwel with sticker on the rear. Will post the pictures. Let me search for the ownership thread I had started.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks