Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 14:49   #181
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I dont really know how this happened. All i can remember is that once while reversing the bumper of the car just above this reversing light touched the wall. There was a juicy scruntch. Got some small dark dots on the bumper just above this.

So what I do now?

I guess if the damage is from the driver's side, there won't be any replacement or advantage. But still if can convince them for the defect, I feel they should do a replacement for you.

The reverse light and the rear fog lamp in PUNTOs are fixed with least resistance. So they immediately fall off or detach when applied with slightest force on them. I have personally seen many Puntos with separated reverse lights.
Old 9th May 2010, 18:13   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
I guess if the damage is from the driver's side, there won't be any replacement or advantage. But still if can convince them for the defect, I feel they should do a replacement for you.

The reverse light and the rear fog lamp in PUNTOs are fixed with least resistance. So they immediately fall off or detach when applied with slightest force on them. I have personally seen many Puntos with separated reverse lights.
I am ok with the bumper. Its just very tiny few dots. Even wifey has not been able to spot it till now (Thank god ).

So I guess I wont be asking them to replace it ( I firmly believe in getting things opened up in workshops as last resort. They find it difficult to put it back together properly).

I did try to fix it. There is small red slot on top left corner if you look at the picture carefully. On the reversing light there is a black plastic extension. That goes into the slot. Right now the plastic stub is not aligned with the slot. Its halfway ahead. I dont want to use the brute force. So should I take it to workshop?

Did anyone here has been able to do it without opening the rear bumper?

Also about the dent. I am ok with the dents also ( I m a very forgiving guy ). But on the front left door 5 mm of paint has come off exposing black metal.
Should I get the door opened up and dents removed or just that painted over?

Should I get this done asap since its rainy season approaching or should I wait till mid june when the first servicing is due?

Thanks guys for all replies.
Old 9th May 2010, 18:59   #183
BHPian

my reverse light also broke. I simply asked fiat to glue it back,they did and it worked wonderfully.
Old 9th May 2010, 20:14   #184
BANNED

Quote:
.........They find it difficult to put it back together properly....

I did try to fix it...... But on the front left door 5 mm of paint has come off exposing black metal.

Should I get this done asap since its rainy season approaching or should I wait till mid june when the first servicing is due?
Hi download2live, I guess for the reverse light for the time being the 5/- Super glue will work (Their add too show a broken tail light ). I still haven't seen how the reverse light and fog lamp is mounted on the bumpers so I can't comment or recommend on re-fitting them. But am pretty sure that they are very weakly held over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
my reverse light also broke. I simply asked fiat to glue it back,they did and it worked wonderfully.
Thats how they do it in TASS for this issue, I guess its a design defect again like the one on the seat for the seat-belt slot. Here is the picture as an example :
Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-dscn4124.jpg
Old 9th May 2010, 20:30   #185
BHPian

I believe there's some clip on the bumper that breaks off very easily.
TASS first told me that they'd have to change the entire bumper :@

I just asked them to forget about it.
when I came to pick up the car they said they'd glued it back, I suppose I received this 'special' treatment because I had yelled at the SA while giving the car in
Old 9th May 2010, 20:37   #186
BANNED

Quote:
I suppose I received this 'special' treatment because I had yelled at the SA while giving the car in
Same here, when I 1st entered the service center, they thought am a young guy and will not be rude. But when they saw the team-BHP stickers on my car and me standing with a laptop and a USB netconnect, They began to attend to me better.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:37   #187
BHPian

I guess it's still the govt. babu style of working
Old 10th May 2010, 15:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..on the front left door 5 mm of paint has come off exposing black metal.

Guys any feedback on this? I am worried about rusting.
Old 10th May 2010, 18:03   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

While washing the car found this:

Is it safe to drive around like this? The 1st service is due in June mid. There are scratches and dents also to be taken care of. So should I take the car to Showroom and get it fixed now itself or should I wait till the first service?

I dont really know how this happened. All i can remember is that once while reversing the bumper of the car just above this reversing light touched the wall. There was a juicy scruntch. Got some small dark dots on the bumper just above this.

So what I do now?
Quote:
I believe there's some clip on the bumper that breaks off very easily.
TASS first told me that they'd have to change the entire bumper :@

I just asked them to forget about it.
when I came to pick up the car they said they'd glued it back, I suppose I received this 'special' treatment because I had yelled at the SA while giving the car in
Well can you believe it, I've had the rear fog light dislodged twice and replaced twice on separate occasions as well. The first time my friend reversed into a pillar at my office parking dislodging it and I got TASS to glue it back. They also gave me a story about the clip being broken which holds the light in place and said that the rear bumper needs to be replaced. Then it was a cabbie who bumped into me and this time it was broken. I got TASS to change it and I got charged close to Rs. 1,000/- for that. Then again I had a biker ram into the backside of my car and break the same fog light. I again paid close to Rs. 1,000/- for that. And last but not the least, another idiot biker decided to kiss my car's backside and this time the light was dislodged. Glued it back myself and hoping against hope it stays safe this time.

I can't believe how this story has unfolded over the last 10 months and every time it seems like the same foglight (rear RHS) that is bearing the brunt. The bumper has held firm so far barring a couple of minor scratches (thanks to FIAT build quality). Maybe people seem too eager to kiss my car's backside (and silly me who thinks the Punto's backside is one of its sore points as compared to the awesome Maserati'sh front). Phew!
Old 11th May 2010, 00:10   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Well can you believe it, I've had the rear fog light dislodged twice and replaced twice on separate occasions as well. The first time my friend reversed into a pillar at my office parking dislodging it and I got TASS to glue it back. They also gave me a story about the clip being broken which holds the light in place .... Glued it back myself and hoping against hope it stays safe this time.
Hmmm. Ok seems I will now try to do what others have done. Superglue way. That clip must have gone for a toss.
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:28   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

While washing the car found this:

Is it safe to drive around like this? The 1st service is due in June mid. There are scratches and dents also to be taken care of. So should I take the car to Showroom and get it fixed now itself or should I wait till the first service?

So what I do now?
Well it seems only my car is having issues or what?
Another washing of the car and I find this. The rubber which sticks to the windscreen (from outside) at its base is coming off.

See the attached pictures. Circled it in white.

So what do I do now? Superglue it? But its windscreen and so thinking twice before doing it. Or keep is as it is and get it done when the servicing is done one month from now.

What is worrying me that where the water is going to go once it goes into those gaps. Any cause of worries?

Next wash and I will be on a Hat trick of problem finding in Punto.
Attached Thumbnails
Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-p1030137.jpg  

Some quality niggles & Issues in Fiat Punto-p1030138.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2010, 15:12   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Another washing of the car and I find this. The rubber which sticks to the windscreen (from outside) at its base is coming off.

See the attached pictures. Circled it in white.

So what do I do now? Superglue it? But its windscreen and so thinking twice before doing it. Or keep is as it is and get it done when the servicing is done one month from now.

What is worrying me that where the water is going to go once it goes into those gaps. Any cause of worries?

Next wash and I will be on a Hat trick of problem finding in Punto.

I have this same issue in my 1.4 FIRE punto also... Actually this came up in my car just after a few months of ownership..

I showed it to the TASC, and even at the camp..

The guys said it happes due to the engine heat.. It should be replaced under warranty.

DO NOT SUPERGLUE it! have it replaced under warranty.
Its a plastic quality issue.
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:45   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
I have this same issue in my 1.4 FIRE punto also... Actually this came up in my car just after a few months of ownership..

I showed it to the TASC, and even at the camp..

The guys said it happes due to the engine heat.. It should be replaced under warranty.

DO NOT SUPERGLUE it! have it replaced under warranty.
Its a plastic quality issue.
Thanks for quick reply.

Just wondering that Engine will get hot on long runs. So this means that even after replacement the problem will show up? You are having a trouble free run since then?

And is it safe to move around in rainy season like this? Or should I go to dealership and get it done quickly.

One more question. The washer jets are not ejecting water far up the windscreen, the jets reach only lower half. i tanked up the fluid tank with plain water. Not additives. Can that be reason? Or is is clogged washer jet nozzles (2 months old Punto) and I should start poking the nozzles with needle?
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:08   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for quick reply.

Just wondering that Engine will get hot on long runs. So this means that even after replacement the problem will show up? You are having a trouble free run since then?

And is it safe to move around in rainy season like this? Or should I go to dealership and get it done quickly.

One more question. The washer jets are not ejecting water far up the windscreen, the jets reach only lower half. i tanked up the fluid tank with plain water. Not additives. Can that be reason? Or is is clogged washer jet nozzles (2 months old Punto) and I should start poking the nozzles with needle?
Those plastic strips do not pose a threat in anyway.

No i didnt have them replaced coz the material is still the same, even if i replace it, it will even arise in the replaced plastic strip.. so i'm waiting for a better quality strip...

If you want to get it changed you can do so. And when you visit the TASC for this, you could ask them to also look at the washer jets...

i would not suggest you to poke stuff in the punto washer jets. they are not like the average jets you find on other cars.

BTW, the jets shoot water only till the mid way of the windshield..
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:53   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Another washing of the car and I find this. The rubber which sticks to the windscreen (from outside) at its base is coming off........

My Punto's rubber bedding is also coming off little bit at both the corners of the glass. Was like that from the show room itself. Rubber quality issue again.
Nothing to worry in it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks