Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 22:36   #286
BHPian

Time for my next engine oil change after 10K kms of run after my last years OWS change over. No second thoughts, just ordered my next set of OWS goodies to give my swifty some goodies and vitamins for the next 10K kms.
Now ordering online has made it even simpler by speedworks. Cheers.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:09   #287
BHPian

OWS Vitamins

HI

Just put the OWS 360 petrol treatment after the last oil change in my ANHC which has done about 15 k. Have driven about 250 k after that. The engine feel much smoother now and rev's quite easily to 4k rpm but then the i vtec engine are quite wiiling to rev anyways.

Does anyone now where to buy ows products in mumbai. I ordered the last one onliine through speedworks and the same was a very pleasant experience, but all the same would prefer to buy it from a local dealer.

Am planning to buy OWS oils in the near future.
Old 7th September 2010, 11:09   #288
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Does anyone now where to buy ows products in mumbai.
IIRC, I bought an OWS engine-flush treatment for my OHC from Shetty Motors. Look their co-ordinates up in the Team-BHP Directory.
Old 21st November 2010, 19:52   #289
Senior - BHPian

Any place in Mumbai suburbs one can buy OWS 360 from ?
Old 21st November 2010, 23:22   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Any place in Mumbai suburbs one can buy OWS 360 from ?
Order it online. Its the easiest way to get it.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:34   #291
Senior - BHPian

Re: OWS Goodies in my baby: A pleasant change

I have used the OWS engine oil, the Engine Protector (engine oil additive) and the injector cleaner in my esteem and found the products to be good.

I just changed the oil in my Ninja last weekend and in went the usual Motul 15W50 Semi Synth oil.

My odo now reads 10k kms and the next oil and oil filter change will be done at 14k kms.

I am interested in the OWS 600 Series Fully Synth 15W50 oil for my bike. I am looking for feedback before I order so any inputs will be appreciated.

Plus, do i have to go for the engine oil additive also?

I also plan to switch to their coolant - Tectaloy Xtra cool. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Edit - link to their site : http://www.speedworks.in/HomePage.aspx
Old 19th January 2011, 15:57   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I have used the OWS engine oil, the Engine Protector (engine oil additive) and the injector cleaner in my esteem and found the products to be good.

I just changed the oil in my Ninja last weekend and in went the usual Motul 15W50 Semi Synth oil.

My odo now reads 10k kms and the next oil and oil filter change will be done at 14k kms.

I am interested in the OWS 600 Series Fully Synth 15W50 oil for my bike. I am looking for feedback before I order so any inputs will be appreciated.

Plus, do i have to go for the engine oil additive also?

I also plan to switch to their coolant - Tectaloy Xtra cool. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Edit - link to their site : Speedworks

why dont you try motul 300v 15W50 in your ninja?It is definitely better than the semisynth 5100 you are using now.And the drain interval would also increase to 6K kms.I use it in my pulsar and i can say my bike revs freely and sounds very smooth compared to other pulsars.Give it a shot and you wont be disappointed
Old 19th January 2011, 16:33   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
why dont you try motul 300v 15W50 in your ninja?It is definitely better than the semisynth 5100 you are using now.And the drain interval would also increase to 6K kms.
OWS 600 Series Fully Synth 15W50 - 630 bucks per liter

Motul 300V Fully Synth - ~900 bucks a liter

Motul 5100 Semi Synth 15W50 - 550 bucks a liter.

So if I can get the same level of performance from OWS compared to Motul and save around 250 bucks a liter, why not OWS? And the Ninja needs 1.6 liters of oil (with oil filter change).

Makes economical sense for me to go for OWS but need to know if its as good as Motul 300V or better.
Old 21st January 2011, 14:11   #294
Team-BHP Support

I am currently on my second oil change on 5100 15 W 50. It is running distinclty better than it did with whatever oil the previous owner was using on my 954. Next time around I will make a shift to fully synthetic 300 V too see what the hooplah is all about.
Everyone has said only nice things about it, wonder if they rerally can feel the difference in performance and refinement or it is only the extra cost off the 300 V that makes them.
Also, look at Agip. I think Prabhu anda whole lot of other Bangalore boy use that.

manson.
Old 21st January 2011, 14:17   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
OWS 600 Series Fully Synth 15W50 - 630 bucks per liter

Motul 300V Fully Synth - ~900 bucks a liter

Motul 5100 Semi Synth 15W50 - 550 bucks a liter.

So if I can get the same level of performance from OWS compared to Motul and save around 250 bucks a liter, why not OWS? And the Ninja needs 1.6 liters of oil (with oil filter change).

Makes economical sense for me to go for OWS but need to know if its as good as Motul 300V or better.
Yes there is a substantial price difference.I did not consider this.OWS is definitely economical.Please do post your experience after using it!
Old 27th March 2011, 18:54   #296
BHPian

I have been using flash lube diesel conditioners from 2007 onwards in my Scorpio and after that on my swift now. There is notable difference in the car when you use the additive. It makes the car a lot quieter, smoother and FE improves. I buy a 5L one from speedworks and prior to that I used to use the additives available in petrol stations, when I went to SW to buy a FE exhaust for my OHC i saw the product and Mr.JD Madan personally recommended me the product and I thought I would give it a try and never looked back since. I tottally recommend the product, now that online ordering is possible, I recommend the diesel car owners to give it a try and see themselves.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:08   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
I had gone through an blog against OWS, i didnt believe it first. but once researching through the link and videos. i think it may be true. It claims OWS is not direct manufacturer, its repacked and the original manufacturer is Voltronics Germany.. VOLTRONIC India
VOLTRONIC Bhutan
(Rebranded VOLTRONIC PRO-10)
41/17, Site IV Sahibabad
Industrial Area, Ghaziabad,
201010 (U.P.), India.
Telefon : (+91) 120 416 7451
Just managed to lay my hands on Pro-10 E20 (Flush - eqv to 210) and G-20 (Additive - eqv to 360) priced at 650 and 410 respectively.

Anyone who wish to buy that call the above number and ask for 20% off. I also got them delivered in person FOC.

Am gonna use it soon and post the results.
Old 12th April 2012, 13:15   #298
Senior - BHPian

Just an update, i did not try out the OWS oil in my ninja. Have been using Motul 7100 (20W50) single Ester Fully Synth oil and very happy with it. Costs around 700 bucks a liter in Blore. Engine feel a LOT more refined and smoother compared to when the 5100 was used.
Old 22nd June 2012, 01:05   #299
BHPian

Hey guys - any one still using the OWS vitamins for their car and can some old users provide any update on the long term effects of OWS in their cars.

This will really help.
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:46   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

After reading about OWS for years, I ain't buying this. If you are using good quality oil that meets or exceeds your car manufacturer's guidelines AND change that oil at regular intervals, additives, even if endearingly referred to as 'vitamins' (Gosh! Can't OWS be a bit original!), are not required.

Oil additives are a rip off and waste of money. No car manufacturer suggests using engine oil additives. I had used STP in the early to mid '90s but that was because we didn't have much of a choice - either one of the public sector OMC engine oils or Castrol GTX. Yes it did smoothen the engine out a bit, but I realised I was spending that money and not getting value from the added expense. I think most people are staying away from Speed and other premium petrol formulations for the same reasons.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks