Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 10:56   #16

GUys. thanks a lot for all suggestions and discussion is going great.

Flywheel & New cable replacement suggestions is good. I would check with mechanic to find if it has problems.

Pointer to Valeo clutches are also good, my mechanic spoke about same company but said no warranty so advised to think again. I would wait for more suggestions from here and also follow up with other mechanic to take 2nd opinion.

A.S.S they are pain, I faced tons of issues in past with them since my extended service warranty expired. so trying to avoid going to them. let me give a example, I spent 7K once for a major job which included 1.8k only towards labor & taxes. I have couple of friends who advised to go to good mechanic and that what I'm doing for past 7months..

Anyone here who experimented changing non OEM clutch??

Thanks

Naveen
Old 9th April 2009, 11:49   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Sure, how many do you want? PM please.
Ah, my saviour !!! Shall give you a call soon to discuss.

Thanks

Edit: Sorry, will PM as mentioned.
Old 9th April 2009, 14:08   #18
BHPian

I would suggest that you check up with a few other ford dealers about the cost of clutch replacement. I had my clutch and pressure plates (the entire kit) for my ikon replaced at a ford dealer in Delhi and it cost me 6500 Rs. So confirm the price at a couple of other dealers. I checked up with the ford dealer in Goa and I was told that replacement of the entire clutch assembly will cost between 6500-6700 Rs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks