Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 22:44   #16
BHPian

Check MAF sensor too. It is common problem in Octavia.
Old 26th March 2009, 10:59   #17
BHPian

My 2-bits worth: if the K&N is an oiled filter your MAF has a film of oil on it now and needs cleaning. Cleaning the MAF is tricky. I was advised not to touch it if there were no problems faced, when I was thinking of cleaning it as my car had run 30K+ kms. A boost leak would be apparent right from 2K rpm but you have stated that the car pulls cleanly upto 4k rpm. If the service station proposes to clean the throttle body, make sure they have a new gasket in stock BEFORE they detach the throttle body. Otherwise your car will be taking some "time off" till they get a new gasket.
Old 26th March 2009, 11:25   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
A boost leak would be apparent right from 2K rpm but you have stated that the car pulls cleanly upto 4k rpm.
Incase you have a minor leak, it will only show up after a desired RPM. Its only when your hose gets completed disconnected and unable to hold any boost is when your engine dies at 2k.
Old 26th March 2009, 11:26   #19
BHPian

check your fuel for adulteration
Old 27th March 2009, 09:55   #20
BHPian

Facing similar problem in my Fiesta1.6,but the problem occurs occasionally usually during long trips.The throttle body was changed and the injectors cleaned but still the problem persists any idea guys what is causing this??
Old 27th March 2009, 10:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

If the engine is not at all responding after 4K rpm i suggest the first thing you do is plonk in a new ECU and check. It could be some error in the ECU which makes it kick in the rev limiter much earlier that it actually should.

The ECU should be the first thing to check.
Old 27th March 2009, 13:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
If the engine is not at all responding after 4K rpm i suggest the first thing you do is plonk in a new ECU and check. It could be some error in the ECU which makes it kick in the rev limiter much earlier that it actually should.

The ECU should be the first thing to check.
Incorrect. ECU failure is very rare.
Plus your theory is flawed. Rev limiter is a digital setting. Not a dial that could have slid down to 4000 rpm.
Old 27th March 2009, 13:34   #23
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Incorrect. ECU failure is very rare.
Plus your theory is flawed. Rev limiter is a digital setting. Not a dial that could have slid down to 4000 rpm.
+1 to that.
more likely to be a boost leak like psycho said.

Old 27th March 2009, 13:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Pls check your turbo plumbing. A leak in the same could lead to this situation. To be specific, the intake of the turbo needs to be checked.
Old 1st April 2009, 23:40   #25
BHPian

ashish how is the car doing now? got the problem rectified?
Old 7th April 2009, 17:11   #26
BHPian

Hey ashish, hows your car doing now? Were you able to diagnose / rectify the problem?
Old 7th April 2009, 18:35   #27
BHPian

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]over a period of time the vacuum lines harden and crack with age.This is probably happening with your car.Show it to a dealer[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 13th April 2009, 14:41   #28
BHPian

to be honest when i started this thread i knew i'll be bombarded with couple of factors causing the problem i'm facing. And as expected some of the factors were really giving me goose bumps and some of them were a relief(yeah in a negative way).

Well i was slowly making up my mind...saving money, collecting more money. I just wanted to save more and more before taking the plunge to get rid of this problem. I was fearing an expense in excess of 20-25K or even more. I had already cut on my pleasure expenses. And MOST importantly i was fearing that skoda might 'instigate' me for one reason or the other

But now i can say that this all is history! The problem has been rectified.

Ok the first step i took was to reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative of the battery and then drove it for couple of kms. I cud now feel the engine reaching upto 5K rpm after some effort but still it was not upto the mark.

Now just yesterday i got my K&N typhoon intake air filter cleaned and oiled properly and the problem is completely gone now baby! Its back to its usual acceleration and brute force. And it redlines to glory everytime i try it!

My only concern is the smoothness of power delivery. Though the acceleration is typical of 1.8T engine but somehow its not as smooth or linear. I'm suspecting the throttle body as it might need cleaning as well. Any precautions should i take before getting the throttle body cleaned??

Total expense at the end was Rs.300. Now all the saved money will be pumped into partying. Special thanks to 'performance zone' who did a good job of cleaning my filter. Thanks Dikshit & Yatharth.

Thanks a lot for your responses guys.
Old 13th April 2009, 14:53   #29
BHPian

Hey Ashish, Good to hear that your vRS is back with its mean power. Take Care.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:05   #30
BHPian

hey ashish, party for the problem rectified and also for not being another skoda instigated culprit.

glad that the issue is resolved and she is back delivering power and joy ride!

Cheers
narayanang76

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks