Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2020, 23:25   #61

Re: New Swift Diesel engine problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
I am still facing the problem. Yesterday i got in to a small drag with linea (dont know if it was a petrol or diesel). From 0 to 60 we were neck to neck but as soon as I shifted to fourth gear the car lost power and there was smoke. I down shifted and I got the power back. It seems like a software issue to me. Not to mention Linea beat me.

One thing i noted is that when you loose power just release the accelerator and push it gradually and it functions normally but the pick up is lost.

My second service has been delayed due to extra traveling and my Innova down due to an accident. This problem seems fixable and am sure MSL is aware of this problem.

I might get it sorted this week (hopefully).

Hey..did you get the solution?. Facing this problem with my linea diesel in 2020
sudden loss ff power when accelerating in fourth gear, check engine light comes on.If i suddenly leave the accelerator pedal and then press it again gradually or downshit, evrerything works fine.
The check engine light also goes away after few starts.
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:35   #62
BHPian

Re: New Swift Diesel engine problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I have a swift vdi 2008 model. When I try to accelerate, the engine suddenly loses response for a few seconds and regains it's normal self after a few seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Turns out cleaning out and servicing the intercooler will solve the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
My problem stays unsolved as a matter of fact it has become frequent now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
The engine suddenly lost power and i kept pressing the accelerator.I was confused so i released and pressed the accelerator a couple of times but of no use
Firstly, thank you for the insights shared. Apologies that I had to tag you all since I couldn't arrive at a conclusion on finding the root cause and prevention from this thread.

Any concrete resolution on this? I've cleaned the EGR valve, Intercooler, Turbo, Intake manifold, replaced the air and fuel filters. Yet, the power loss happens randomly!

Please be kind enough to share the solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks