Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 17:24   #1126

re: All about diesel engine oils

Anyone know if Delvac 1 ESP is available in Delhi. Its has an ACEA rating of E7 and E9. E9 supports DPF fitted cars. So even if my Cruze does have this filter, I should have no problem. Further, it's a CJ-4 grade oil.
Old 13th June 2013, 23:48   #1127
BHPian

I have been sticking to the recommended Mahindra Maximile crown engine oil for 3 years now. I have found a service center near my house and the mech suggested to use Servo Engine oil. Is it okay to change the brand now or stick to the recommended oil?
Old 14th June 2013, 00:07   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
I have been sticking to the recommended Mahindra Maximile crown engine oil for 3 years now. I have found a service center near my house and the mech suggested to use Servo Engine oil. Is it okay to change the brand now or stick to the recommended oil?
Hi, while its always better to stick to the manufacturer recommended oil you can change the brand of oil anytime you want. Just make sure that you are using the right grade of oil and that you change over to the new brand completely i.e. Drain the old oil completely and then fill the new one. Avoid mixing two brands of oil unless absolutely necessary and unavoidable.
Potenza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 23:27   #1129
Senior - BHPian

After 15k kms i have been using Mobile fully synthetic. did a first change after just 5k kms for feel good factor as we cannot flush the engine completely off old oil except by using that machine they have in service centre that nobody bothers to use.

Cost in AHmedabad is 3200 for 4ltr. 3.5 ltr is used. Oh yeah! did i mention the engine is Tom dick and harry of cars in India. DDiS
Old 17th June 2013, 08:57   #1130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
After 15k kms i have been using Mobile fully synthetic. did a first change after just 5k kms for feel good factor as we cannot flush the engine completely off old oil except by using that machine they have in service centre that nobody bothers to use.

Cost in AHmedabad is 3200 for 4ltr. 3.5 ltr is used. Oh yeah! did i mention the engine is Tom dick and harry of cars in India. DDiS
By Mobil fully synthetic, you mean Mobil delvac 1 or some other oil?
Old 17th June 2013, 09:20   #1131
BHPian

i have tries Shell HX6 in my verna crdi with good results. Highly recommended.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:08   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Bought a 7.5 L can of Mobil Delvac MX and was surprised to see the price of the same has increased by over 30% compared to 18 months back. MRP - Rs. 2378. I Paid Rs. 2080.
Old 17th June 2013, 10:30   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
i have tries Shell HX6 in my verna crdi with good results. Highly recommended.
Yea, even i have heard that Shell HX6 goes very well with hyundai diesels. Have not had an opportunity to use it on my i20. Dunno if it will be better than the fully synthetic Delvac 1?
Old 17th June 2013, 21:40   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
By Mobil fully synthetic, you mean Mobil delvac 1 or some other oil?
delvac is also fully synthetic 5w40. But i am using Super 3000.
Old 8th July 2013, 11:59   #1135
Senior - BHPian

I want to try much recommended Delvac MX in my Safari but unable to find it at any shop selling lubricants.If I can't find in another 1 week then will give it to A.S.S and Castrol GTX is default.

Can anyone point to Delvac MX dealer in Bangalore preferably in following areas Koramangala , Madiwala , Hosur road , Sarjapur Road , Outer Ringraod , Indiranagar.

Don't want to go to J.C Road area just for 7 liters of oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
delvac MX set me back about 200 per litre. I have a feeling GTX D should be cheaper in the open market

i guess this means I'll have to shell out 1.5k for the oil this time , as opposed to 1.2 last time

Castrol GTX D sells for 283 Rs a liter in Reliance Autozone 1liter , 2.5 liter and 5 L packs were available so T.A.S.S. price is just same as M.R.P.
Somehow I can not trust Oil being sold from open drums outside.
Old 24th July 2013, 17:01   #1136

Dear Team.

Can any one suggest the engine oil for Maruti Esteem DI 1.5 TUD5 Peugeot Engine.

How much oil is required

Where can i get a good garage for the car to get serviced in Hyderabad Begumpet.

Aditya Patkar.
Old 4th August 2013, 22:47   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
few months back, Mahindra has launched the FEO (fuel efficient oil) range of oil. its supposedly better than the earlier variant Crown. check the compatibility of FEO with your vehicle.

my 3 yr old Xylo was earlier running on Crown; since the last 2 changes its on FEO.

btw, IOCL Servo is the OEM supplier to Mahindra, but Mahindra also adds few additives and then rebrands.
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 23:01   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shriadi View Post
Dear Team.

Can any one suggest the engine oil for Maruti Esteem DI 1.5 TUD5 Peugeot Engine.

How much oil is required

Aditya Patkar.
Attaching here the maintenance chart of ZEN diesel ( which was carrying the same 1.5 TUD5 engine).
Information about SAE viscosity, API rating, change interval and quantity are available in it.
You may also found some useful information on this thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-review.html).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ZenD_9_(Maintenance).pdf (200.7 KB, 626 views)
Old 15th August 2013, 20:48   #1139
Senior - BHPian

After trying out a bunch of different brews - Castrol GTD, GTX D, Delvac MX on my indica, and being satisfied with none, finally tried out Shell HX6 and very satisfied with the results. Engine is very smooth. Now to see how long it stays that way
Old 28th August 2013, 21:59   #1140
BHPian

I need to change the engine oil in my 2007 Swift diesel. After searching heaven and earth for Mobil Delvac MX and failing, I'm now at a loss about what to put in. (Even Mobil India website does not list Delvec MX range anymore, it only shows Mobil 1 and Mobil Super range). Anyways, earlier my MASS used to have Mobil Delvac but for the last few years I've only been seeing Servo Pride. I simply hate this oil as I find my car becoming clattery and crude within 1000 kms of oil change. This time they have agreed to use the oil that I'll provide.

Now, I'm myself not able to find Delvac in the open market. So, I've shortlisted the following:

Gulf MAX TD 15w40 CI4, Mak Platinum 15w40 CI4. Have also seen Shell Helix HX6 and Castrol GTD. But both of these CF or CH grade. So, the previous two seem to be a better bet.

What say, guys? Which one should be best for the Swift DDiS after Delvac? Or gurus will suggest something else?

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 28th August 2013 at 22:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks