Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 14:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

There's a part number printed on the oil filter usually. Purolator is the vendor for TATA.
Get a mechanic to note down the part number from ur vehicle for you and source the exact filter from a reputed spare parts shop.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:41   #62
Senior - BHPian

In my city the TASC let me use my own oil. Try inquiring with tata customer care- i believe that tata has only recommended the minimum spec. I saw shell rimula at my shop too, but bought delvac MX because it was CI4+ while the rimula was CH4.

even if you still manage to convince your TASC to use your own oil, you'll never know if they have actually used it, because you won't get to see them pour it, and you cant verify it either.

Last edited by greenhorn : 25th April 2009 at 14:47.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
The rogue TASC and TASS dont sell the oil filter over the counter.

Cheers,
Nitin
Didn't we discuss this in another thread ?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nter-sale.html

You'll have to locate a parts shop and ask them for the correct part.

Also, isn't your Vista still in the warranty period? Its best to get your oil change done from the A.S.S. to avoid warranty hassles.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:21   #64
BHPian

Thanks @Nitrous & @Greenhorn,

One more query, if I do manage to get the oil filter and get the oil change done at a local garage, will this impact the car's warranty? Because when i go for regular service I will ask them not to do an engine oil change, so their records will show as if I have never done an engine oil change!

Please advise

Cheers,
Nitin

Last edited by revhappy : 25th April 2009 at 15:22.
Old 25th April 2009, 15:25   #65
Senior - BHPian

Yes, will affect warranty.
Old 25th April 2009, 17:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

try to contact tata customer care and see if you can get this resolved by them.
Tata Motors Customer Care :: Reach Us
Old 25th April 2009, 17:26   #67
Senior - BHPian

Please check the detailed warranty terms in your manual or other booklet. See if it explicitly says that you have to use oil given by the service centre. Chances are good taht it wont say that. Even if it does, legally the company may not be able to withhold warranty for failures that are not oil related. But this depends if you want to fight them legally.

If you change oil on your own, just preserve the oil purchase cash memos and also labour charge bills... just in case.

First take this issue up with Tata at a progressively higher level. Don't bow down to such tactics. When dealers use such tactics it makes me all the more adamant not to use their stuff... and also makes me more suspicious if they are using adulterated/low quality stuff. Put up a very stiff fight... u'll most likely get your way.
Old 26th April 2009, 02:11   #68
BHPian

So finally whats the best? Synthetic or Mineral? I'm getting my cars 2nd service done next week. I wanted to know whats better and which brand w/ price.

I think they're currently using Servo 150 in my Swift Vdi
Old 26th April 2009, 12:24   #69
Team-BHP Support

Servo is crap. I would suggest mobil delvac super / delo400 / castrol gtx diesel.
Old 26th April 2009, 14:59   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Servo is crap. I would suggest mobil delvac super / delo400 / castrol gtx diesel.
I don't know much about oils. Servo is mineral or semi-synthetic? What about delvac super? Price difference?

Also can I get the servicing done from mass & the oil change else where? How long does it take?
Old 26th April 2009, 23:09   #71
Team-BHP Support

All the oils that I mentioned and the servo that you use are mineral oils. All of them are in the range of about 180-250 bucks a litre.

There are certain MASS' that use mobil delvac during servicing. And getting oil change from outside will void your warranty, unless you get an oil change during service and then again outside.h
Old 27th April 2009, 11:20   #72
BHPian

I had got a oil change for my Swift DDIS this weekend.

The last O/C was at 9000 Kms (i.e.) 3rd Service and my car had clocked 14000 this weekend so went for a change.

Went for Mobil Delvac @ 890/5 Litre.
In addition to this got the following

Cyclo - Engine Flush (@170)
STP - Diesel Engine Oil Additive Can of 330 ML for 240 (The recommended quantity is 330 ml for 6 Litres of Engine oil, so only half of the quty was used.)

MGP Oil Filter - 340

I was lucky that the local auto parts guy was able to source the MGP filter from the Maurti Autoparts distributor in Chd and I was able to get an MGP without going to the MASS.

Now coming to the performance -
The engine runs quieter and for sure there is a visible reduction in NVH levels. Infact with my engine idling, and the blower running on 1 (A/C off) with ICE switched off - post the oil change the sound of the blower is higher than the engine sound.
It runs much smoother - so in all I'm pretty happy with the change...

I had 2 options for oil treatment - STP and Nulon. I went with STP and I'm happy. Any members here used nulon & STP both? Which one is better?
I still have approx 2 Lit of Delvac & 1/2 a can of STP remaining - which I'll be changing at 20K service.
Old 27th April 2009, 18:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Holy Smokes! For that oil? Jeez!
A 7.5L bucket of Mobil Delvac MX(real good) costs Rs.1500

Yes Actually that is my biggest concern they charge me this much but the brand they put is Mahindra & that means that oil has being packed by M&M. No ideas if thats true or that has quality or not
Old 27th April 2009, 18:05   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You can ask them to show you the oil they are using. Or simply ask them which brand and variant and then check the specs on the net.

3000 bucks for how many litres ? Does it also include the oil filter cost ?

No Dear, this does not include filter cost & yes they use Mahindra Oil, which I belive is only packed by M&M & only used by A.S.S, so no ideas if that is the right quality & grade!!!
Old 12th May 2009, 08:17   #75
Senior - BHPian

I got myself Petronas Urania this weekend. CI4 bucket - 7.5L in 1400.

Total paisa vasool. Good otherwise - totally silent compared to Delvac Super 1300

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks