Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:18   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

re: All about diesel engine oils

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The oil sump needs 5.3 liter with a filter replacement. 5 liters of this comes to 3900 in Bangalore.
So is it ok if you fill 5L instead of 5.3?And did you purchase this from bangalore?If so from where?
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:26   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
So is it ok if you fill 5L instead of 5.3?And did you purchase this from bangalore?If so from where?
I have 2 of these cans But I will be using 300 ml of Delvac MX that I have lying around. This is from JK Automobiles in JC Road. The contact details are posted here by csateesh.
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:34   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have 2 of these cans But I will be using 300 ml of Delvac MX that I have lying around. This is from JK Automobiles in JC Road. The contact details are posted here by csateesh.
Even i am having 1litre can of delvac MX.So does it do any harm if i fill 5L synthetic+300 ml mineral?

My i20 is going to taste this stuff real soon.Do post your review after using this oil.With your spirited driving,this oil will show its true colors!
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:59   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

Mixing synth & a dash of mineral ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Even i am having 1litre can of delvac MX.So does it do any harm if i fill 5L synthetic+300 ml mineral?
small quantities should not be a problem.

I would instead suggest that you guys fill in the 5L of Delvac-1, and leave it at that unless the oil level is at or near the lower level on the dip-stick. If it is in the middle (between high & low level marks on the dip-stick), then you can run with 5L itself.
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:03   #680
BHPian

Quote:
This is one of the two Diesel-specific synthetic engine oil that is API-CH4 or higher - a requirement for my car (this oil is CI+).
Hi pho3nix,
Just saw the pic of the delvac 1 can that you have posted in the earlier post, it seems that in the 2nd para it is written "suitable for applications requiring API CF-4".

Can you check and confirm whether it is API-CH4 or post a closer pic of the said sticker it would be helpful to many on the forum.
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:48   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
small quantities should not be a problem.

I would instead suggest that you guys fill in the 5L of Delvac-1, and leave it at that unless the oil level is at or near the lower level on the dip-stick. If it is in the middle (between high & low level marks on the dip-stick), then you can run with 5L itself.
That's what am planning to do, Parwath. But IIRC, when the chang ethe oil filter, I would need the 300ml more to get it to the ~ max level - will check if 5l settles above the minimum / mid way though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemen View Post
Hi pho3nix,
Just saw the pic of the delvac 1 can that you have posted in the earlier post, it seems that in the 2nd para it is written "suitable for applications requiring API CF-4".

Can you check and confirm whether it is API-CH4 or post a closer pic of the said sticker it would be helpful to many on the forum.
The first para says
Quote:
Meets API CI-4 Plus / API CI-4 / API CH-4 / API CG-4....
The second says what you quoted. I don't think there is a problem...

Last edited by ph03n!x : 23rd April 2011 at 15:50.
Old 23rd April 2011, 16:32   #682
BHPian

Quote:
The first para says The second says what you quoted. I don't think there is a problem...
Thanks for the clarification.
Do not somehow missed the first para. My mistake
Old 23rd April 2011, 18:53   #683
BHPian

Quote:
After some drama, got this:

Behold a review in a few days!
ph03n!x - Hell of a write up on the Mobil Delvac 1 acquisition
Good to hear that your ride will be pampered with Delvac 1. Waiting for the review in a few days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
^ See that is the point I am making, Delvac 1 says that it is for heavy duty commercial vehicles and does not mention cars. Then why do so many people put Delvac 1 in private vehicles?
Mustang - From what I know Delvac 1 in the barrels are the ones used at A.S.S of many leading car manufacturers.

Since it meets CI4+ requirements it should be fine in Private vehicles too.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:04   #684
BHPian

Delvac1 available in Kochi!!!!!!! :)

Good news Kochi folks. Delvac1 is now available in kochi. today morning went to their distributor LGB lubricants on LFC road , kaloor. Bought a 5L CAN of Delvac1 for 3960 :-)

Directions to shop - Take the road by the side of Kaloor private bus stand. Go straight for about 1 km. the shop is on the left side

Person to contact - Vinod kumar - 9745008277
Soccerfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 13:52   #685
BHPian

Re: Delvac1 available in Kochi!!!!!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Delvac1 is now available in kochi.
Soccerfan - Glad to know that Delvac 1 is now available in Kochi too

When are you planning to pamper your ride ? Awaiting eager feedback on the performance of the oil

Cheers
Old 27th April 2011, 20:30   #686
BHPian

After 30k service. Now at 28K. Planning a bangalore trip next weekend. So in all probability I will change to Delvac1 next month
Old 27th April 2011, 22:18   #687
BHPian

Quote:
The oil sump needs 5.3 liter with a filter replacement. 5 liters of this comes to 3900 in Bangalore.
I bought a 5 Litre Can here in delhi For 3700/Rs. My Fiesta takes in about 3.8 with filter So i have around a litre lying with me had you been in delhi or nearer i would gladly have given you some.

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 27th April 2011 at 22:18. Reason: typo
Old 27th April 2011, 22:46   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I bought a 5 Litre Can here in delhi For 3700/Rs. My Fiesta takes in about 3.8 with filter So i have around a litre lying with me had you been in delhi or nearer i would gladly have given you some.
Thanks mate! But you will need it - after two more cans, you will have enough for a refill

I used about 400 ~ 500 ml of Delvac MX and 4.5 liters of Delvac 1, So I have some synth left, the next oil change will be "pure"
Old 4th May 2011, 23:23   #689
Senior - BHPian

Here is my take on the Delvac 1, posting from my ownership thread:

Quote:
And now for the Mobil Delvac 1 - The car has covered 2000 KM after the oil change and service, I think I can safely draw my observations without the smoothness one would feel immediately after the service. And here's what I observed-
  • During a cold start, the engine sound a bit harsh and loud for a second or two when I was with Delvac MX- this duration has now come down considerably
  • The Diesel clatter has also come down when the engine is cold, and is now almost inaudible if am standing at the car's back during a normal day.
  • I am tending to attribute the increase in my highway mileage by 1 KMPL to the C.Drives, but don't know what part the oil plays on that.
  • My car does not have temperature gauge, but IIRC the optimum temperature is reached around the same distance (I go by the time/ distance it takes for the blue light to go off).

Obviously, I cannot comment now about engine life or turbo life yet - I am hoping all the documented benefits of going Synth in terms of longer life is true, and worth the close to 4 times I paid for them. I am planning to double my change interval to 10k KM though, from the 5k KM I had with the Delvac MX.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:46   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Here is my take on the Delvac 1, posting from my ownership thread:
pho3n!x - Good to hear that Delvac 1 has passed the test.

If you drive a lot on the highways then doubling the oil change interval is fine. Anyway keep checking the oil instead of just having a fixed no.

But one thing I see after 2500 kms is it is not as black as what the earlier oils used to be. May be the better detergents in Delvac 1 are doing their job. Somehow i feel this is contradicting common sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks