Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 22:46   #2371
BHPian

Re: All about diesel engine oils

Interesting to read all these information.
Have a query. Would like to try a good diesel engine oil for Jeep Compass 2.0 diesel.
Spec says 5w30 ACEA C2 fiat 9.55535-s1

ASS puts Mopar or petronas from drums - don't even know what exactly they put.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Old 7th February 2022, 22:55   #2372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
Interesting to read all these information.
Have a query. Would like to try a good diesel engine oil for Jeep Compass 2.0 diesel.
Spec says 5w30 ACEA C2 fiat 9.55535-s1

ASS puts Mopar or petronas from drums - don't even know what exactly they put.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
Short answer -

1. Either go with the ASC oil, it will do the job

or

2. Search Amazon for 5w30 ACEA C2 and see what fits your pocket. You can also search for 5w30 ACEA C3.

Full synthetic oils in this spec can be expensive.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 11:10   #2373
BHPian

Hi.
I have been using Amsoil turbo truck engine oil for my 1.3 lakh run Fortuner. The Oil is due for change but unable to find stock in Amazon. I used to buy 2 cans of 3.78 litres which is currently not in stock. Only the 9.45 litre can is available which will be an excess since the requirement is about 7 litres.

Are there any alternatives in fully synthetic oil specially for diesel engines.

Regards
Old 15th February 2022, 11:48   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK72 View Post
Hi.
I have been using Amsoil turbo truck engine oil for my 1.3 lakh run Fortuner. The Oil is due for change but unable to find stock in Amazon. I used to buy 2 cans of 3.78 litres which is currently not in stock. Only the 9.45 litre can is available which will be an excess since the requirement is about 7 litres.

Are there any alternatives in fully synthetic oil specially for diesel engines.

Regards
In a similar situation, amsoil availability of products is really bad.I know of a dealer in pune also with whom i have been following up on my requirement but he seems least interested.So i am also planning to shift from the turbo truck oil for my sx4 to motul 8100 x-cess or motul crdi oil.
Also what is the difference between A5/B5 and A3/B3 oils?

@Hserus please advice us with your infinite oil knowledge as to which would be the next best oil to use after amsoil since the availability is a issue.I replace the oils at 7500kms to 8000kms since my car is also remapped.

Regards,
Manoj.
Old 15th February 2022, 16:20   #2375
Senior - BHPian

The motul should be fine. As for A3/B4 or A5/B5 look at http://www.oilspecifications.org/acea.php

The A series of specs in ACEA are for petrol and B for diesel, so the ones with A and B specs are for dual use both petrol and diesel cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
In a similar situation, amsoil availability of products is really bad.I know of a dealer in pune also with whom i have been following up on my requirement but he seems least interested.So i am also planning to shift from the turbo truck oil for my sx4 to motul 8100 x-cess or motul crdi oil.
Also what is the difference between A5/B5 and A3/B3 oils?

@Hserus please advice us with your infinite oil knowledge as to which would be the next best oil to use after amsoil since the availability is a issue.I replace the oils at 7500kms to 8000kms since my car is also remapped.
Old 16th February 2022, 10:41   #2376
Team-BHP Support

What's the best recommendation for engine oil for a Dzire Tour taxi diesel. It's 2 year old taxi with around 30K kms on it.

Ok to go for fully synthetic but not super premium as running cost will go up.

I was looking at few options but confused what works best for taxi where mileage and wear protection is more important.
Old 16th February 2022, 10:43   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What's the best recommendation for engine oil for a Dzire Tour taxi diesel. It's 2 year old taxi with around 30K kms on it.

I was looking at few options but confused what works best for taxi where mileage and wear protection is more important.
A two year old taxi with just 30k on it? Some taxis will rack up that much in a month. Use any engine oil you like but change the oil every 10k - or even earlier in cases where you're using semi synthetic.

Stock up on Shell Helix Taxi 5w30 semi synthetic in fact, it is an excellent oil for that kind of usage pattern, but shell may be phasing it out so just stock up on it and leave it in a cool, dark place. Or full synthetic - Shell HX8, again, being phased out, and replaced with some 0w30 / 0w40 full synthetic oils that may not be the right thing for sustained taxi use.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 11:02   #2378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
A two year old taxi with just 30k on it? Some taxis will rack up that much in a month. Use any engine oil you like but change the oil every 10k - or even earlier in cases where you're using semi synthetic.

Stock up on Shell Helix Taxi 5w30 semi synthetic in fact, it is an excellent oil for that kind of usage pattern, but shell may be phasing it out so just stock up on it and leave it in a cool, dark place. Or full synthetic - Shell HX8, again, being phased out, and replaced with some 0w30 / 0w40 full synthetic oils that may not be the right thing for sustained taxi use.
Haha yeah I think it maybe more kms though. My driver got the cab before the pandemic and then he couldnt use it for almost a year.

I saw the 5w30 Shell Helix Taxi and was going to ask for that to you.

Right now he is using this oil and is unhappy as diesel clatter has gone up and doesnt feel refined:

All about diesel engine oils-81wbpputmll._sl1500_.jpg

I changed to Mobil 3000 X1 in my Ecosport 2 months back based on your recco and the oil was damn good. I have not heard this refinement even with Amsoil signature before this at 2x the price.

https://www.amazon.in/Mobil-Super-Fo...s%2C247&sr=8-8

Thanks for that recco!
Old 16th February 2022, 11:14   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Sure get the taxi - it will be a decent oil even for your ecosport tell you the truth. So will the Mobil 3000 x1, that way you can save on oil changes too as left over oil after filling the ecosport can be used in the cab.

The mobil is a 3.5 litre can so you need to buy 2 cans and use a tiny amount from the second can, as things stand. But a 3.1 litre capacity for Dzire diesel means you can happily fill two cars and use up the second can. Won't cost you extra, and you don't need to keep the second can as a leftover till it is time to change your ecosport again.

Quote:
Haha yeah I think it maybe more kms though. My driver got the cab before the pandemic and then he couldnt use it for almost a year.

I changed to Mobil 3000 X1 in my Ecosport 2 months back based on your recco and the oil was damn good. I have not heard this refinement even with Amsoil signature before this at 2x the price.

Last edited by hserus : 16th February 2022 at 11:16.
Old 16th February 2022, 11:37   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any MGDO (Maruti Genuine Diesel Oil) is good. I have been using Maruti recommended oil since start and my 2012 Swift has crossed 1.5 Lakhs without any problems till now. (Shell Helix HX 5 \ Castrol GTX)

You can refer to this link on TBHP itself

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ti-suzuki.html (Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki)

Last edited by mercedised : 16th February 2022 at 11:39.
Old 16th February 2022, 12:32   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Any MGDO (Maruti Genuine Diesel Oil) is good. I have been using Maruti recommended oil since start and my 2012 Swift has crossed 1.5 Lakhs without any problems till now. (Shell Helix HX 5 \ Castrol GTX)

You can refer to this link on TBHP itself

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ti-suzuki.html (Approved Engine Oils by Maruti Suzuki)
Some very good oils (shell helix ultra 5w40, castrol edge which is a super premium oil for example) are listed there.

Short answer is use a known brand instead of obscure ones, and use whatever spec your manual prescribes, change it regularly. You should be just fine.
Old 17th February 2022, 15:07   #2382
BHPian

I am looking for oil change for my 2012 Scorpio, last 2 changes were with Mobil Delvac 1. But now, this does not seem to be available neither online or offline stores in Bangalore.

Any pointers to Mobil Delvac 1 would be much appreciated.
Also, what are the alternatives if i need fully synthetic only, AMSOil, LiquiMoly??
Old 17th February 2022, 17:52   #2383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
I am looking for oil change for my 2012 Scorpio, last 2 changes were with Mobil Delvac 1. But now, this does not seem to be available neither online or offline stores in Bangalore.

Any pointers to Mobil Delvac 1 would be much appreciated.
Also, what are the alternatives if i need fully synthetic only, AMSOil, LiquiMoly??
Mobil 1 Delvac and Amsoil are the only two accessible full synthetic. However you could just use the default Maximile FEO oil and change every 10K km. After trying out Amsoil etc, I switched back to FEO for about 1 lakh km across two scorpios till one was stolen and the other sold .. its been very good.
Old 17th February 2022, 20:14   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
But now, this does not seem to be available neither online or offline stores in Bangalore. Any pointers to Mobil Delvac 1 would be much appreciated.
Did you try at 'JK Automobiles' in JC Road? This is where I used to source the 5W40 Delvac 1 for my Swift VDi.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 21:24   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Mobil 1 Delvac and Amsoil are the only two accessible full synthetic. However you could just use the default Maximile FEO oil and change every 10K km. After trying out Amsoil etc, I switched back to FEO for about 1 lakh km across two scorpios till one was stolen and the other sold .. its been very good.
Thanks, How about Mobil Delvac MX Plus

Seems heavy duty diesel, truck oil, maybe semi-synthetic, but it's API CI-4 Plus, so should be backward compatible with API CH-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Did you try at 'JK Automobiles' in JC Road? This is where I used to source the 5W40 Delvac 1 for my Swift VDi.
Nope, i tried West Coast Motors in Sheshadripuram and few Mobil authorized garages, all of them said that Delvac 1 production is stopped. When did you last buy it for your swift?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks