Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 12:00   #871
BHPian

Re: Indica Vista - list of Known problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by faridsahmed View Post
Problem cropped up - AC vent selector knob not working....advisor says "SAAR your vent selector unit has gone ! Not covered in warranty. Need to replace and will cost approx 4000/-"
VISTA QJD AURA
warranty : 2+2 (extended)
And would this not be covered in extended warranty? Please see the link below and go to parts coverage section. I can see a mention of panel switches and instruments as well as AC control panel in Electricals & Air conditioning sections. Not sure under which category this part falls but this certainly is not a normal wear and tear part & is very well covered in EW. ASC is taking you for a ride.

Tata Motors Customer Care :: Must Know
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 12:16   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Problem cropped up - AC vent selector knob not working. (see attached image)

when I try to rotate the knob to redirect the air from HVAC unit - the knob simply makes noise and seems it is just slipping !!!!!
worried .. took to the TASC in Chennai (OMR checkpoint) - advisor says "SAAR your vent selector unit has gone ! Not covered in warranty. Need to replace and will cost approx 4000/-"

(extended)
This is atrocious. If TATA are saying that this won't be covered under warranty, better get it done from outside. Since, you are in Pune, I would suggest you to check out at the 2 places below:
1) Tune Up Plus - Baner (Abhijeet Lonkar - 9822049346)
2) Car Cupid workshop - on the bypass, next to the Chevrolet showroom (Mr. Sunny - 9890500505)

Both are capable of handling this issue.
Old 25th November 2011, 20:17   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I can see a mention of panel switches and instruments as well as AC control panel in Electricals & Air conditioning sections.

Tata Motors Customer Care :: Must Know
Thanks for pointing this out. Will pursue this tomorrow morning itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Since, you are in Pune, I would suggest you to check out at the 2 places below:
1) Tune Up Plus - Baner (Abhijeet Lonkar - 9822049346)
2) Car Cupid workshop - on the bypass, next to the Chevrolet showroom (Mr. Sunny - 9890500505)

Both are capable of handling this issue.
Thanks Ajay for the pointers. I have shifted out of pune and now in Chennai. I'll first take it with TASC and then lets see.
Will update my profile for location.
Old 27th November 2011, 00:02   #874
BHPian

^^ Would suggest checking with VST motors in Mount road instead of OMR check point.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 10:46   #875
BHPian

I went back to the TASC and asked them in detail about the reason for rejecting the warranty and showed them the list of items covered in extended warranty.
- On which the guy did acknowledged the said " sir i did forward the request to TATA Motors but it they who rejected the claim."
- He showed the rejection email from company.
- I asked him to pursue again. On which he said he cannot

This guy expressed his helplessness and gave me a copy of the email.

Planning to go to VST motors, Mount road as suggested by Sridhar. Is this the one opposite to Spencer plaza ?
@Sridhar : Any idea the workshop is in the same place on mount road ?

Will update on this after my visit to VST.
Old 27th November 2011, 11:10   #876
BHPian

My Vista qjd is approaching 33,000kms and the tyres seem to have run out of juice, they have started looking bald & old and it seems the right time to replace them.
Now.. the existing stock tyres are of 175/65/R14 Bridgestone
These tyres start howling a lot on concrete roads from around 80kmph.
Also the vista feels like a boat on ghat roads if i try to push it. This passengers get nauseousness and sick, is there any way where i can reduce it upto an extent by changing the profile of the tyres, if so please recommend the right tyre upgrade.
I do not want to spend on alloys and would like to stick to the stock wheels.

Cheers!
Old 29th November 2011, 14:35   #877
BHPian

Observed that the bonnet hood on my new Vista VX (quadrajet) is not aligned properly when it is in the closed position, it is ok on the passenger side, but a bit (0.5cm) raised from the engine bay on the driver side. Not sure if this is because the rod to hold the hood upright is only on one side and it might have caused this misalignment. I am 15 days away from my first service, so will hold on till that time.

Also, looks like the seat-belt reminder conked off, is there any procedure to reset the same and see if it still works?
Old 1st December 2011, 18:41   #878
BHPian

The *X Vista version comes with only 2 keys, one with remote lock/unlock + transponder and the other with just the transponder. Not aware how much it would have cost, I feel it's cheap not to have the remote on the 2nd key.

a) Did anybody order a spare key with remote and what is the cost charged by TATA?
b) Did anybody get flip keys for vista? Please let me know the details.
Old 2nd December 2011, 00:06   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Problem cropped up - AC vent selector knob not working. (see attached image)

when I try to rotate the knob to redirect the air from HVAC unit - the knob simply makes noise and seems it is just slipping !!!!!
worried .. took to the TASC in Chennai (OMR checkpoint) - advisor says "SAAR your vent selector unit has gone ! Not covered in warranty. Need to replace and will cost approx 4000/-"

Has any one faced a similar problem ?

Details :
VISTA QJD AURA
July 2009
kms : 28400
warranty : 2+2 (extended)
yeah i have the same problem with my brand new vista (8000 kms done 2010 Y )
Old 3rd December 2011, 22:23   #880
BHPian

Quote:
I went back to the TASC and asked them in detail about the reason for rejecting the warranty and showed them the list of items covered in extended warranty.
- On which the guy did acknowledged the said " sir i did forward the request to TATA Motors but it they who rejected the claim."
- He showed the rejection email from company.
- I asked him to pursue again. On which he said he cannot

This guy expressed his helplessness and gave me a copy of the email.

Planning to go to VST motors, Mount road as suggested by Sridhar. Is this the one opposite to Spencer plaza ?
@Sridhar : Any idea the workshop is in the same place on mount road ?

Will update on this after my visit to VST.
Apologies for the delay. Just saw this. Yes. It is opposite Spencer plaza, south of TVS. You may need an appointment with VST and the SAs there usually does the home work on your car i.e. where you did your service, the complaints, what was the feedback score you gave etc.
BTW, what was the reason quoted in the email for rejecting the claim?
Old 6th December 2011, 15:58   #881
BHPian

Is it wise to change engine oil for my Vista QJet at 5000 KMs interval? If done, will there be any improvement in engine smoothness and performance?

Earlier engine oil was changed at 18100 KMs during the scheduled 4th free service in May 2011. My Vista has now done ~22800 KMs and running on Mobil Super 1000 TM. Performance is almost same as Castrol Edge, which was used earlier during 3rd free service at 9500KMs. Since I do an average of <10000KMs/year, I switched back to mineral oil during the 4th service.
Old 6th December 2011, 16:55   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
If you are willing to get the best product available in the market, please go for Mobil1 (0W-40). One 4 liter can of it is now being quoted at Rs 4000/- in my locality.
Edit:- Forgot to add that with Mobil1 oils, Tata recommends an extended drain interval of 15000 KM.
I finally changed the oil in my Vista to Fully Synthetic oil. As you had mentioned, I opted for the best product, Mobil1 0W/40. The 4 liters can costed me 4100/- and oil filter of Vista petrol for 199/-. Total expenditure = 4100+199+200 (labour) = 4500/-. Best thing is that the next oil change is now recommended after 25k KMs. So even if its slightly expensive, the oil change interval balances the cost IMO. Also, I am damn sure that the ride has become smooth, especially when pulling from a dead stop in 1st gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
Observed that the bonnet hood on my new Vista VX (quadrajet) is not aligned properly when it is in the closed position, it is ok on the passenger side, but a bit (0.5cm) raised from the engine bay on the driver side. Not sure if this is because the rod to hold the hood upright is only on one side and it might have caused this misalignment. I am 15 days away from my first service, so will hold on till that time.
I have been having a mis-aligned bonnet hood on my Vista since day one (Aug'2009). Tata guys say that this is common on most Vistas and Manzas and they dont have a solution yet. If the gap is too big on your Vista, tell them to either rectify the problem or replace it completely under warranty. Believe me, I have seen misaligned bonnet hoods on almost all the Vistas and Manzas that I see on the road. Its almost like a standard feature rather than a defect.
Old 6th December 2011, 18:36   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Best thing is that the next oil change is now recommended after 25k KMs. So even if its slightly expensive, the oil change interval balances the cost IMO. Also, I am damn sure that the ride has become smooth, especially when pulling from a dead stop in 1st gear.
Have you been recommended officially to change your engine oil only after another 25k KM? That is great! I am also thinking of doing the same! Earlier I used to change my oil (Castrol Edge) after 10000-12000 KM. But apart from the extended draining interval with Mobil1, personally I have not found much of a difference between Mobil1 and Castrol Edge, at least in the sound of the engine. But I am not an expert in this field although I had used Castrol Edge for over two years and it was also cheaper by a thousand rupees. The only reason I have switched to Mobil1 is for the extended draining interval, as is recommended by Tata Motors.
Old 8th December 2011, 19:45   #884
BHPian

dont know why but have seen very few tata owners (no offences meant) fully satisfied and happy. Even my personal opinion about Tata is not so great. Know few indica/indigo/vista owners. All of them are facing some or other niggling issue. Even the delaers are most of time fending off complaints from customers. The mechanics and service advisors somehow seem not very interested in solving the problems. Most probably, this is typical of most Indian brands including Bajaj & TVS.

I understand and fully appreciate that no car is a lemon but the Quality control is something that differentiates one from the other. My neighbour has a one year old Vista and every other day he has a run-up to TASC. First time his power window switch conked off. This was replaced under warranty but the next time when his rear glass demister stopped working, the TASC gave an excuse that it was due to SUN films. wheras he actually had never had any SUN films in his car. Poor fellow had to get it replaced from his pocket. He did not want to get into any kind of argument. Last time his power steering stopped working and the TASC guys said that this was due to the fact that his wheels were turned onto one side while his car was parked. Hence this was a manual wear and tear. Poor fellow again got it replaced from his pocket.
Old 8th December 2011, 22:08   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978
dont know why but have seen very few tata owners (no offences meant) fully satisfied and happy. Even my personal opinion about Tata is not so great. Know few indica/indigo/vista owners. All of them are facing some or other niggling issue. Even the delaers are most of time fending off complaints from customers.
I agree to some extent. However, I guess i am one of the few lucky ones. Touch Wood!

I have never visited Tata A.S.S. except for 4 free services. Car is running like a gem and has served me so damn well. Infact, my friends who got Polo and Swift around the same time, have faced multiple niggling issues. It may sound weird, but its true.

Besides, I know 5 Vista owners who have had extremely satisfactory experience. So you see, the Tata world is not as dark as you think.

Its just not about what car you buy, its also about how much you take care of it. I am not saying Tata vehicle owners dont take care, but in general this rule applies to all.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks